I'd handshake the man if I was allowed...

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

I'd handshake the man if I was allowed...

Post by Aliqua » 04 Jun 2020, 6:16 pm

Was at the LFD the other day and some 'lady' comes in (with more scabs on her than I child with chickenpox) and says, "I need some f* ammo". The salesman said "what kind?". Her reply, "Any. I dont f* care!". He said, "do you have a license?". She said, "this is the fourth f* shop I've been in today and they have all asked me the same f* thing! Why?" He politely asked her to leave and didnt once lose his cool or professionalism... as shes leaving she steals a sticker from the clearance table...

How often do these loonies come into these shops? It was the most shocking thing I've seen in recent times...
Last edited by Aliqua on 04 Jun 2020, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: I'd handshake the man if I was allowed...

Post by MontyShooter » 04 Jun 2020, 6:50 pm

I haven't seen anything that crazy but I've seen 2 or 3 young blokes walk in and ask to see a 'sniper'. So cringeworthy.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 04 Jun 2020, 9:48 pm

Not quite on the same line,,,,, but still disgusting,,,

Years ago I was in a welding/engineering supplies shop to get some stuff.
Also standing at the counter was a bloke that ran a small trailer manufacturing business.
This fella ( lets just say his name was "Alf" ) was well known in the area and was pretty rugged and crass.

But this particular day he really out did himself.

The door opened, and another customer (a well dressed and refined woman) whom I found out later, had been sent in to town by her husband
to purchase some welding electrodes.
She was standing directly behind "Alf" and was waiting to be served, when without any warning "Alf" let rip with a huge and loud fart.

He didn't bother to apologize in any way shape or form.

A few seconds pass by,,,,,,,,,, and then to my horror he said in a loud voice,, "Holy f@ck,,,,, that stinks"
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Bruiser64 » 04 Jun 2020, 9:54 pm

You lads appear to have lead sheltered lives. If you want to see some colourful behaviour spend a few mornings in an inner city Centrelink office. Or a Saturday night in a big metropolitan hospital accident and emergency reception. A small businessman cracking one off will seem like the height of social refinement in comparison to what you will witness in those two settings.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Stix » 04 Jun 2020, 10:49 pm

Lol bruiser...im with you there...very sheltered indeed...

I used to work in the Adelaide cbd in a retail shop, right in party/dining central & only one block from the Grand Prix when we had it...& id say i have seen it all...even a guy walking down the street with his bloody donngah pokin out of his fly...
He had a big smug smile & was very happy with himself... :lol: :lol:
Ive even seen a guy floggin himself in his car at all the foot traffic... :shock:

The other thing to do is go into a police station close to party central at 3am on a Sunday morning... :shock:

Ive often registered new firearms at a cop shop next to a magistrates court...some of the characters that ive seen in there for bail applications, drug & assault charges, & just general disfunctional living is always good entertainment...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by brett1868 » 04 Jun 2020, 11:49 pm

Bruiser64 wrote:You lads appear to have lead sheltered lives. If you want to see some colourful behaviour spend a few mornings in an inner city Centrelink office. Or a Saturday night in a big metropolitan hospital accident and emergency reception. A small businessman cracking one off will seem like the height of social refinement in comparison to what you will witness in those two settings.

If you really wanna see some crazy s**t, try working security on Oxford St during Gay Mardi Gras. :D
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Ziege » 05 Jun 2020, 12:26 am

You're all lightweights, there isn't enough pixels and memory to divulge the never ending pandemonium and hellishly repetitive nightmare that my sister has unleashed on my family, extended family and all of her hemorrhoidial clinger ons and cronies, the gun thefts, the drug runs, the random drug dealers arriving, a never ending parade of drug f***ed randoms, hence me moving back to the farm and evicting her. But let me tell you, from theft to drug trafficking, prostituting, assaults, attempted murder, and f*** knows how many court appearances, yet her and my cousin still get treated like the victims by the police, it's sickening
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Farmerpete » 05 Jun 2020, 6:21 am

The thing that this highlights for me is how unaware of the restrictions on firearms and ammunition the average person in Australia is.
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 05 Jun 2020, 9:58 am

Ziege wrote:You're all lightweights, there isn't enough pixels and memory to divulge the never ending pandemonium and hellishly repetitive nightmare that my sister has unleashed on my family, extended family and all of her hemorrhoidial clinger ons and cronies, the gun thefts, the drug runs, the random drug dealers arriving, a never ending parade of drug f***ed randoms, hence me moving back to the farm and evicting her. But let me tell you, from theft to drug trafficking, prostituting, assaults, attempted murder, and f*** knows how many court appearances, yet her and my cousin still get treated like the victims by the police, it's sickening

I hear ya zeige, I grew up in and around Logan , halfway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast, and if I told some stories about the crazy stuff I’ve seen, most wouldn’t believe me :crazy:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 05 Jun 2020, 10:32 am

Ok not gun related.

Was in Melb CBD last year, walking along a busy street at night. Bunch of young women dressed to the hilt. We all come to a stop at the traffic lights. Suddenly one of the young women cocks her leg and pisses on the traffic light post.

Yep got nothing to say, except there was a toilet in the middle of the road... one of those exeloo metal ones.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 05 Jun 2020, 11:05 am

So this was yesterday at my local primary school - the gent driving had a 3/4/5 year old strapped in...
For those that can’t make it out - it’s a bench seat bolted into the back of a Ute - with a baby seat strapped to that. At least the kid was wearing sunnies I spose...
Attachments
FC0144E8-CB4A-4849-8887-4538D4156FDC.png
FC0144E8-CB4A-4849-8887-4538D4156FDC.png (2.83 MiB) Viewed 3152 times
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Die Judicii » 05 Jun 2020, 12:08 pm

TassieTiger wrote:So this was yesterday at my local primary school - the gent driving had a 3/4/5 year old strapped in...
For those that can’t make it out - it’s a bench seat bolted into the back of a Ute - with a baby seat strapped to that. At least the kid was wearing sunnies I spose...

Not meaning to belittle your post Tassie,,,,,,,,, but at least (whoever) made an effort.
Unlike the d!ckhead that passed me last Christmas day, going up a blind hill with two toddlers/kids standing upright on the back seat. :thumbsdown: :crazy:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 05 Jun 2020, 12:15 pm

No issue DJ - in fact, I applaud this gent to a degree, he’s not allowed to put kids in the front by law and came up with ingenious way to move his kids!!!

I’ve also lived in Logan QLD for...err about 12 months - it was a hoot (Eg debacle) and one night I had to call cops advising them of a street gunfight...I’ve posted this previously, but the cops (knowing the area) called me back 30 mins later and asked if the shooting had stopped...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by 8x57 » 05 Jun 2020, 12:24 pm

TassieTiger wrote:So this was yesterday at my local primary school - the gent driving had a 3/4/5 year old strapped in...

That’s actually legal it’s a ford bronco with the canopy off
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by pomemax » 05 Jun 2020, 1:33 pm

Many years ago walking along Glebe point road in Sydney a bloke screaming at all along the road like he was right off his head big bloke bout 6,3-6,4 just mental as .When he was opposite us you could see the SH.T all up his back and it was rank as like it had gone up from his pants must have been walking for a bit yelling at people The cops turned up and nabbed him just as he got to us I did not see where they put him we kept walking but i felt sorry for the cops for first time ever all I could think of at the time was keep moving nothing to see here but the smell was something you dont forget
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 05 Jun 2020, 1:40 pm

Appears to be a Ford Bronco with the soft top removed. They had a rear seat and he's broken no laws providing the seats are anchored according to ADR requirements. Kids are probably loving it :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 05 Jun 2020, 2:22 pm

Might be legal...it was 9 degrees and windy roflmao.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Aliqua » 05 Jun 2020, 8:11 pm

Bruiser64 wrote:You lads appear to have lead sheltered lives. If you want to see some colourful behaviour spend a few mornings in an inner city Centrelink office. Or a Saturday night in a big metropolitan hospital accident and emergency reception. A small businessman cracking one off will seem like the height of social refinement in comparison to what you will witness in those two settings.

I used to be a police officer... I've seen plenty haha! But this shocked me in my newly found sheltered life :) plus I just wanted to start a thread for funny non-fictitious stories :)
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation