It's no camping canopy but...

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

It's no camping canopy but...

Post by Aliqua » 21 Jun 2020, 1:02 pm

... got a new setup for my dogs. Padded chains and some marine carpet - and a happy pup :) I'm happy :)
Attachments
20200619_112717_resize_95.jpg
20200619_112717_resize_95.jpg (338.33 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: It's no camping canopy but...

Post by Stix » 21 Jun 2020, 3:32 pm

Good stuff Aliqua... :thumbsup:

When my boy was about the place--a male Shephard like yours, i too wanted him cumfy in the back...

But i found such attempta needed some extra measures of staying in place, as dirt roads & general 'bushing' it can shift stuff around in the back.
I remember once after a couple hours drive on hard roads & some tools had worked their way under his spot in the back--i felt so bad...!

Having said that, comfort was a secondary thing for him...he was coming with me no matter what... :lol:

Im a tradesman, but Somehow he knew when i was going bush, as opposed to going to work...he could tell even when the same esky got thrown in the back.
But on the odd occasion he'd get mixed up, & he would be held up deep in the back of the tray & refuse to get out when i needed to put my barrow in for a days work...
One day i only just made it to work on time to meet the concrete truck because as soon as i got him out he'd fight me & jump back in thinking i was leaving him to go bush... :lol:
God i was so mad at him...but now days id give a lot to have him back doing the same annoying thing... :lol:
He was a very smart, well trained & obedient, naturally very well behaved & intuitive person in my books... :clap: ...even though we clashed as blokes some times... :lol:

:drinks:

Its been ten years sincehe's been gone & i still miss him dearly... & im happy for you... :thumbsup:

Screen 1.jpg
Screen 1.jpg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 1590 times
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 21 Jun 2020, 4:17 pm

its good to see someone who give a rats about there animals

l would be careful about leaving the carpet wet or water under it as it will cause rust

good job :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Grandadbushy » 21 Jun 2020, 6:26 pm

Nice lookin dog you got there Aliqua, he looks happy
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stix » 21 Jun 2020, 6:52 pm

Eyes off Grandad...!!!...and put that 22-250 down...!!....its the wrong kinda dog mate...!!

:lol:

:sarcasm:

The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Aliqua » 21 Jun 2020, 9:38 pm

marksman wrote:its good to see someone who give a rats about there animals

l would be careful about leaving the carpet wet or water under it as it will cause rust

good job :drinks:

Oh I went all out- got the marine carpet which doesnt rot, and my last ute had it in their for 5 years and it lasted. Secondly I got the rub liner too to protect it. And the carpet it tied in on all corners. Both slipping happening here.

Yeah he loves the back -- 7 years old now and the happiest dog I've ever had - best guard dog too - nickname "fur-missile".

I have a concreting company so he cant come to site... to many guys coming to the truck and trailer for stuff - will only stress him out.

Hes my 2nd gsd, will never not have one - but like the last - will never be forgotten.

Side note: we have a german short haired pointer too -- hes inside the car with a seatbelt... he doesn't have the balance to coordination for the back hahahahaha
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 22 Jun 2020, 9:13 pm

Stix wrote:Eyes off Grandad...!!!...and put that 22-250 down...!!....its the wrong kinda dog mate...!!

:lol:

:sarcasm:

you cheeky bugger Stix :lol:
l admit thinking the same :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Grandadbushy » 23 Jun 2020, 1:28 pm

:lol: :lol: Just to put your minds at ease I do like dogs just not feral type :thumbsup: :lol: and I bet you two weren't the only ones thinking that, but I was truly being nice :clap: :) Aligua, mate don't take any notice of these two they're just picking on me :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :drinks:
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation