the death of the aussie larrikin

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

the death of the aussie larrikin

Post by marksman » 21 Jun 2020, 4:57 pm

a sky news special l watched and would recommend as good viewing

https://www.skynews.com.au/page/larrikin
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Re: the death of the aussie larrikin

Post by Stix » 21 Jun 2020, 6:02 pm

Im not the most intuitive with some internet stuff...but best i can tell, this page wants me to sign up for foxtel to watch this...is that right...? :unknown:

Doesnt this require payment... :unknown:

Yea i know...call me stupid...but...to get anywhere close to viewing it, 2 seperate pages open up & require login id's bla bla.. :unknown:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 21 Jun 2020, 6:34 pm

na, your not stupid Stix you need foxtel go to watch

its brings up some pretty funny aussie comedy from the past

shame its not on utube :unknown:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 21 Jun 2020, 6:49 pm

So does that cost, or just an email so "subscribe"...?

(im guessing with the name foxtel it requires some coin...?...)
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by pomemax » 21 Jun 2020, 7:32 pm

pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 21 Jun 2020, 8:40 pm

I grew up watching hey, hey it’s Saturday and Maury Fields and Son and miss those days so so much. That comedy style will never translate today - sad...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by marksman » 21 Jun 2020, 9:38 pm

Stix wrote:So does that cost, or just an email so "subscribe"...?

(im guessing with the name foxtel it requires some coin...?...)

yep l would say it does cost, we have the basic foxtel without it there is no television reception here

its a real shame its not available it brings back a hell of a lot of laughs for me growing up and getting older :drinks:
stuff we probably will not see again for fear of offending someone :crazy: really its just a joke for gods sake :lol:
Last edited by marksman on 21 Jun 2020, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Aliqua » 21 Jun 2020, 9:41 pm

Foxtel was the best investment I made - we leave sky news on 24/7... paul murray has a great pod cast (free) worth listening to also!
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 22 Jun 2020, 12:13 am

I can imagine all the stuff it shows...

Ive seen a few behind the dcenes & re-run of old Graham Kennedy skits on blankety Blanks & the likes ...it was funny as a kid just because it was funny, & they are hell funny these days...&good ol'Benny Hill--no not Searge, The real Benny...!!

I also have an old VHS copy of a channel 7 inhouse bloopers tape mixed by a couple of camera men i believe from back in the 70's &/or 80's from memory...wow--some cracker stuff on there--& not all of it was chopped as some of the programs were live...

Anyway...i wont be subscribing to foxtel before i buy a few more guns im a long way off affording, so ill have to live with my stretched memories & imagination...

In the interests of challenging political correctness through comedy, there is this lovely american lady...!!..i love this skit--Good ol' Lisa really takes it to the hearts of the precious politically correct types...
I just loose it in this clip in her piss-take way of pigeon-holing a certain age group of soccer mums..."...between the age of... ... & ... ..."

BTW, this definately isnt for the faint hearted--this woman really challenges the concept of stereotyping & political correctness with a constant tirade of racist sextist & stereotyping that leaves the modern day PC do-gooder needing a de-fib machine , so be aware if watching this doesnt make you laugh in general, its sure to leave you choke-laughing at its shock value... :?

And wait until after lunch to watch it--its probably not brekky time family viewing folks...
but its not censored on youtube so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzLIL8ifOl0
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 22 Jun 2020, 3:47 am

And who could forget Hale and Pace ?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bigrich » 22 Jun 2020, 6:24 am

a very valid and current topic MM . the "larrakin" is part of aussie culture and is about speaking your mind whilst taking the p!ss by my definition . PC is destroting free speech . "social outrage" online and "crusading " protesters seems to be a modern phenomenon . i've heard some cheeky characters are wondering how long it will be before the pyramids in egypt get pulled down because they were built by slaves . history has some sad chapters in it, but it should not be rewritten or sanitised. it should be remembered so past mistakes don't happen again
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation