One for the deep thinkers - or over thinkers...(physics ?)

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: One for the deep thinkers - or over thinkers...(physics

Post by Tiger650 » 26 Jun 2020, 10:54 pm

Haha. If you got close enough to throw It in - you’d have bigger issues lol.

Spaghettification.

Approaching a black hole gravity well the part of you nearest the hole would accelerate rapidly and the parts of your bod most distant from the hole less rapidly, all this happening at an increasing rate dependent on proximity to the gravity well.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: One for the deep thinkers - or over thinkers...(physics

Post by TassieTiger » 27 Jun 2020, 8:36 am

Stix wrote:I watched a clip last night after all this mind bending stuff, that explained how the universe is so much bigger than expected, because of its constant expansion since the big bang....yep--get that... :thumbsup:

It went on to say that because its expanding at an increasingly higher rate (accelerating) away from us (Earth) that eventually, some of the objects we can just see now (the most distant objects/matter/galaxies in the observable universe/as seen by Hubble deep space) will soon be so far away that they will just disappear--so...they'll be so far away & this distance will be ever increasing, that the light wont ever reach us... i get that-...kinda...-

Now because of the expansion, the wavelengths of light coming back to us effectively flatten out to a point of no longer being in the visible spectrum...i get that too.. :thumbsup: ....just like hearing the music from a car travelling away from you progressively gets lower in pitch & beats per minute progressively get less/(they decellerate at the rate of the car moving away from you)...yep...righto... :thumbsup:

BUT...!!!??!?!?!

If nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, & the universe is expanding at a rate lesser than the speed of light, then the light emitted from these objects/matter/galaxies now, will surely continue to reach us...& even if the wavelength is flattened out to flat, it cant just cease to exist- :unknown: because matter cannot be created or destroyed, & light is apparently matter--& energy (in this case light radiation) cant just vanish, it can only change its form-or maybe better put, it cant go into a "negative" wavelength & just cease to be... :unknown: --it must still be there..!!....sssoooo...???...what gives....??

Tassie...can you throw any light on this problem :unknown:...(( :lol: ...get it...light on... :lol: ah i think im funny sometimes))

I get it - and yes, I think I can. Get it ?

Try this one...
The light from the sun takes say 10 mins to reach us.
So, if the sun instantly disappeared - we wouldn’t know about it, for 10 minutes - agreed?

But we would...because as soon as the sun Disappeared, We would all fall over instantly, as the suns gravity would be gone and earth would instantly start buggering off...so - using that theory - can one say that gravity can travel faster than light ?
Now that should have ya fingering...I mean finicking...ffs - auto text FINKING.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation