Steal 14 firearms plus various other items -sentence enough?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Steal 14 firearms plus various other items -sentence enough?

Post by TassieTiger » 08 Jul 2020, 2:42 pm

Thoughts on the wanks sentencing ? I personally know ppl serving 1.5 years for 3rd DUI....interesting nonetheless.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... n__=%2C%3B
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Re: Steal 14 firearms plus various other items -sentence eno

Post by Robin » 08 Jul 2020, 2:57 pm

I'll put my 2c in , He knew the owner had firearms, so he knew what he was going to try and take while robbing this house, he then went onto selling them on the bad market , ( I don't know if im allowed to call it black market anymore, no offence, just trying to be politically correct) , the only people who buy on the bad markets are people who want to do harm, I think he should be whipped and have his arms taken off but thats not going to happen, so maybe 20 years locked up will do.
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 08 Jul 2020, 3:19 pm

Your 2c is as valuable as anyone - I see the magistrate described the crime as the height of something or other (not reading it again) but then was pretty bloody conservative in sentencing...
The place had cameras, one must assume they are advertised or inconspicuous - ? I don’t get it...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 08 Jul 2020, 3:57 pm

I personally don't see any reason firearms should be considered any more important than any other stolen property, they are just property.
Even the people buying stolen firearms rarely commit crimes with them here in Oz.

Actually using firearms in crime, stolen or otherwise, is a totally different matter, one that should require extremely stiff minimum sentences.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 08 Jul 2020, 4:08 pm

Couple of things here.

He claims not to remember to whom the four unaccounted for firearms were sold. Go directly to jail, and when you do remember and name those persons, your release may be considered.

The world has gone soft.
People who sell/deal/trade drugs of this type have relinquished their right to life in our mostly civilised society. They are beyond the pale and, I believe, forfeit their right to remain as members of our society. There is no realistic prospect of rehabilitating a dealer/trader of those drugs which brings us to the question of the desirability of those people to remain alive.
Sadly, the death penalty was consigned to "too severe" list of punishments. In the meantime, the dealers perpetuate endless criminal activities to support the habit, deal misery and, often, death to the users, and they thumb their nose at society with their ill-gotten wealth.
Too harsh?
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 08 Jul 2020, 4:14 pm

Given he was Found guilty of trafficking, sounds very dodgy.
Option one is fake news. Option two is corruption.

I believe it’s the first peoples market now
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Ziege » 08 Jul 2020, 8:35 pm

Don't care about politics, black fellas here steal guns all the time, police prosecution always goes for maximum sentences and the magistrate and black lawyers always end up giving them 6 months or less, way things are going people are gonna get shot cos same assholes are back stealing guns within a year, always the same ones, same three families, all black fellas, race card is a fùcking outrage
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Ziege » 08 Jul 2020, 8:42 pm

Agree No1, anyone selling meth, heroin, pills, even dope can f*** themselves sideways with a rusty crowbar.

I believe they deserve stiffer penalties than murderers, because even murder can be justifiable, selling drugs never fùcking is. Hard forced labour till they perish and minimal rations and sleeping on a concrete slab oughta do it
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 08 Jul 2020, 9:36 pm

Wonder what might have transpired if firearm owner was home or came home during theft...hmmm.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by boingk » 08 Jul 2020, 11:39 pm

Don't worry gents, the violence will be largely limited to other blackfellas if you go by the US's model. We just suffer the temporary inconvenience of the theft. Read into that what you will. No, I don't give a damn who gets offended. Want less deaths in custody of a particular type? Have less in custody. The commission back in the 80's found the same thing - proportionally per capita of incarcerated it was about the same, the main issue was the amount incarcerated. Nowdays thats more true than ever. Again, read into that what you will. Educate yourself.

Yes, I think the Courts are soft. Blah blah blah, you had a crap life, blah blah, alcohol, blah blah, yeah you get some bulls**t reporting condition and a small fine. Go do it again... NEXT.

Meantime, where are our tax payer funds going? Old mates goddamn pocket. Enjoy, chappo, have a Winne Blue on us willya? For fahrks sake...

PM me for a more easy going and serious discussion from a relevant viewpoint, if you're interested.
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by Ziege » 09 Jul 2020, 8:48 pm

What gets me, is most get off their charges here cos of drugs, they actually are using that as their excuse for their criminal tendencies and criminal acts, if I drive like a total piece of shît cos I'm pissed that's only going to compound the trouble I'm in, why the fúck do they get off lighter Because they were retarded enough to take drugs? Fúck em
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 10 Jul 2020, 12:12 pm

^ this is exactly why I posted this up. I don’t get it either...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by marksman » 10 Jul 2020, 12:35 pm

+1
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Grandadbushy » 10 Jul 2020, 5:03 pm

Well gents to me it sounds like they weren't drunk and so they weren't dealt with harshly, maybe if they were drunk they may have got a heavier fine lol but in all seriousness if it wasn't so serious it would be laughable the way it is dealt with these days it's of no wonder there is so much crime and repeat offenders ,it's like catching a fox in your chook run then throwing him another chook and saying don't come back for anymore, ''like as if '' I think people in power are paid too much and don't have to produce good policy to get a pay rise anymore if they did they would make sure they were producing better policy and on another note pollies pass up good advice and give in to minorities to gain votes as has been said before many times on here ''until the fine or time matches the crime'' then things won't change ,and as far as the race card thing and the Black lives matter well they have done more harm to themselves in the last few months than they have achieved in the last 10yrs, people of the world have watched them turn on their own and that's not respectful to the cause, then there's the dicks that steal guns and sell them they are only slightly bigger dicks than those that think all gun owners are like that , In my day punishment was punishment but today it's something they use to gauge what they can get away with
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation