Reminder Falconio tv

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Reminder Falconio tv

Post by Blr243 » 12 Jul 2020, 5:49 pm

I think the doco or whatever it’s called is on tv tonight for those interested and keen on haveing a look. I’m hoping for some genuine responsible journalism but mick jagger told me you can’t always get what you want
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Reminder Falconio tv

Post by Wm.Traynor » 12 Jul 2020, 8:00 pm

Thanks Blr but don't get your hopes up for something new. A similar thing to this but about a Tassie woman jailed for murder on a boat, went to air maybe last year. made lots of claims but the woman wasn't freed.
That said, we are going to watch this but not tonight.
Happy viewing mate.
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 12 Jul 2020, 8:33 pm

Will be worth a view I would think. Right from the start that story never added up. Be interesting to see if anything comes out of it.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 13 Jul 2020, 9:15 am

I’ve been looking forward to seeing this. Myself, I always thought that the part of her story where she eluded a blue cattle dog was crap . She ducked down in some scrub not very far away at all and a blue dog couldn’t find her :wtf:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 13 Jul 2020, 10:03 am

2 + 2 doesn’t equal 73...same as they woman in Tassie...no body, no physical evidence, very light circumstantial evidence at best...jailed for life.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bigrich » 13 Jul 2020, 12:12 pm

So long as they close the case hey taz . Anyone remember lindy chamberlain.....
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Wm.Traynor » 13 Jul 2020, 1:46 pm

Uh, oh!
My wife informs me that it is a Four Hour Series :shock:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 13 Jul 2020, 2:40 pm

yes, I watched the Tassie show too but no change to the sentence. The phone records were very interesting and it would be very interesting as well to see Nick's phone records too. like who he called and from where. And what happened to "Floppy' and the red car.... Oh, a thousand questions...
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Grandadbushy » 13 Jul 2020, 6:31 pm

Yes i was looking forward to seeing that program as well but so far it asks more questions than gives answers i think there is the second part this sunday so maybe things might get a bit tight for Peters ex
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 13 Jul 2020, 6:42 pm

Yep, will be watching it; well there's nothing else after the footy...
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 13 Jul 2020, 6:55 pm

Everybody has a certain amount of dirty laundry. Just because she sought a sly piece of sausage does not necessarily mean she would be evil enough to bump anybody off. I don’t know , I may never really know what happened out there ..... 30 plus years ago there was a mad man killing tourists in the bush in the Kimberly’s when we lived there , and we were planning a trip thru the Kimberly’s at the time. We thought we would play it safe and postpone our trip but the cops shot the culprit the next day and we were able to relax by the river as we should be able to
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Grandadbushy » 13 Jul 2020, 7:04 pm

Is that why they never made a ''WOLF CREEK 3'' ''lol'' Sorry Blr i just couldn't let that one go, feel free to give me ''Pay Back'' mate , and being serious, that would have been frightening to do the trip at that time, it's of no wonder you cancelled i wouldn't have gone either
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by womble » 14 Jul 2020, 5:08 am

Given the location, nothing would surprise me out there. At night along the roads particularly. The roads provide warmth and the nights get really cold. I’ve seen camels, donkeys, all manner of wtf giant bovines. Seen people sleeping on the roads. Lots of ufo’s. Giant freaking bats. Hairy things that can’t even be categorised. Have not seen any jelly people though. But for sure they’re around.
I think bigrich alludes to a dingo taking him ?
Giant mutant radioactive dingos would not surprise me one bit.
The only thing i really took from the “documentary” was the girl really does have a nice pair. And certainly dresses to flaunt them. Very nice.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by marksman » 14 Jul 2020, 2:50 pm

“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 14 Jul 2020, 6:17 pm

GDB. i tried super hard to see anything slightly naughty in your words but I just couldn’t get it. I think I’m getting super slow in my mind from not having to work bugger all lately .....so we remain ALL GOOD MATE .
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Grandadbushy » 14 Jul 2020, 7:24 pm

Fair enough Blr mate but i was referring to the movies 1 & 2 of Wolfe Creek staring John Jarret who played a killer stalking people and back packers up through the center and Kimberly , in the movies he killed many and was never found and i was expecting Wolfe Creek 3 but hearing your story of police shooting a killer doing similar in real life i thought i'd have a funny and thought you may have taken it the wrong way , but looks like i missed the point , but never mind mate it's just my silly sense of humor
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 14 Jul 2020, 8:28 pm

No dramas. When I watched wolf creek One I turned down the opportunity to watch it again for a long time but I did end up watching it again ...and then when I watched the sequel there was lots of uncomfortable parts and a few times I really had to force myself to see the movie thru because it touched on some fairly horrible stuff and I wondered do I really want to put myself thru this awful subject material
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Grandadbushy » 14 Jul 2020, 9:26 pm

Yes Blr it certainly was very raw in places not something i'd watch again either
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by womble » 15 Jul 2020, 3:56 am

Perhaps you could watch it together so you don’t get scared. Sorry could’nt resist.

Fact is they found the guys DNA at the crime scene.
Yes it’s a very murky story that involves Long haul truckers on ice, jelly people, love triangles/quadrangles, and possibly a dingo.
But he lives in another state and he was there at the crime scene.
Please Explain

The only thing that warrants any further investigation in this case imho are her voluptuous Honkers.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by marksman » 15 Jul 2020, 9:19 am

Juries and lawyers alike generally consider DNA evidence to be extremely reliable—a 2005 Gallup poll found that 58 percent of people considered it to be "very reliable." But in reality, DNA evidence is much less reliable and objective than most people think

https://www.popsci.com/dna-evidence-not ... le%20think.
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by womble » 15 Jul 2020, 12:25 pm

Fair point. I concede.
There will be other threads where I will win.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation