Slab Thickness

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Slab Thickness

Post by targetshooter900 » 20 Jul 2020, 4:01 pm

Don't overthink it, slab will be at least 200 thick. Probably more. It's unlikely you'll hit any post tension. During construction there's blokes drilling into the slab everywhere and affixing all sorts of things and I've never seen anyone hit the post tension with a hammer drill. They're more of a concern when you're doing core holes through slabs, not so much when simply putting in a few dynas
targetshooter900
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Rider888 » 21 Jul 2020, 7:03 pm

moudzj wrote:
Rider888 wrote:
Ziege wrote:That until one bends, cracks, twists, etc, etc, etc, etc, I have put in literally thousands, hence why I don't use them anymore, neither do the majority of the cyclone rated builders I have/do work for, I now fabricate instead of stand frames and posts, and the options they use now are more expensive, in some cases twice as much as a dynabolt, but they're just not worth the arse ache

What would you recommend I use instead of dynabolts? remembering i need a bolt that can be removed

Ankascrews are far easier to use, and much better for your application. Have them in my two safes.

Just realised the problem with Ankascrews is that it tells anyone looking at it how long the screw is that I am using which means I need to drill 90mm instead of 50mm.
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 22 Jul 2020, 8:06 am

^ not if you cover said screw in coloured epoxy or JB weld...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation