Advert,,,,,,,, (busted)

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Advert,,,,,,,, (busted)

Post by Die Judicii » 24 Jul 2020, 8:49 pm

Looking at the advert (TV) for Jeep where the little kid says "yer gonna need a bigger boat"

The guy says something about going to buy a bigger boat,,,,, then you see them heading off down the street in the white Jeep.

Only problem is,,,,,,,,,, THE JEEP DOESN'T HAVE A TOWBAR.

:problem: :problem: :problem:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Advert,,,,,,,, (busted)

Post by on_one_wheel » 24 Jul 2020, 10:28 pm

Good spotting :thumbsup:
That's definitely a candidate for scandal of the year :lol:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 24 Jul 2020, 11:01 pm

It DID have a tow bar...it fell off just before they started recording...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Die Judicii » 25 Jul 2020, 12:59 am

TassieTiger wrote:It DID have a tow bar...it fell off just before they started recording...

:lol: :lol: :lol: FU2 Tassie,,,,,, I thought I had all bases covered until you came up with that.

:clap: :drinks:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 25 Jul 2020, 2:12 am

Ever driven a Jeep? That was their 53rd take - the Jeep kept braking down...they knew the tow ball was outta the scene but after 53 takes said fu it.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by straightshooter » 25 Jul 2020, 7:28 am

Die Judicii wrote:Looking at the advert (TV) for Jeep where the little kid says "yer gonna need a bigger boat"

The guy says something about going to buy a bigger boat,,,,, then you see them heading off down the street in the white Jeep.

That's because he's too cunning to buy an overpriced rebadged 'genuine accessory' towbar and he's on his way to the towbar fitter before he buys the bigger boat.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Aliqua » 25 Jul 2020, 9:14 am

straightshooter wrote:
Die Judicii wrote:Looking at the advert (TV) for Jeep where the little kid says "yer gonna need a bigger boat"

That's because he's too cunning to buy an overpriced rebadged 'genuine accessory' towbar and he's on his way to the towbar fitter before he buys the bigger boat.

Ahh you beat me to it! :)
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Cooper » 25 Jul 2020, 9:33 am

It’s really not a good ad. Pretty sure that’s the same one where they say they have reduced the Price of spare parts across the range. I’m thinking I should really need spare parts for the first few years. Unless it is going to break down all the time which is the first thing that pops into my head when a Jeep is mentioned
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by RoginaJack » 25 Jul 2020, 11:23 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: and I thought I was the only one bored to death watching TV... :roll:
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by AZZA'S HJ47 » 25 Jul 2020, 2:26 pm

I manage a mechanical shop and i for one can tell you that i havent seen any "reduced cost in parts" that they are claiming. Not to mention no dealer ever seems to have anything in stock. Even more reason to buy one :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sako Varmint 243,Marlin 917, Lithgow La101 .22 , 1917 BSA 303 (ted), Finnish Vkt 1944 M39,T3X Super Varmint 223, Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 Howa 1500 308, BSA CF2 222, 1911 9mm, Adler 12G, Sako 7mm rem Mag,Ruger m77 mk1 22-250AI, Rem 700 17 Rem, BSA No 5 303
AZZA'S HJ47
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Bruiser64 » 26 Jul 2020, 9:50 am

Good news here about Jeep. Apparently they aren’t overpriced, poorly built, unreliable, pieces of dog ******. They just needed a bit of improvement in customer car and a streamlining of the product line. Well you can sign me up for one. On the Twelfth Of Never. I will stick with my Pajero Sport that has given me ZERO problems in three years and sixty thousand kilometres. This includes towing my van across Australia 3 times. I’m not brave enough to risk doing the same in a Jeep.

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/h ... ales-78227
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 26 Jul 2020, 3:57 pm

The last Jeep I drove (a few years ago now) - was top of the line Cherokee and had enormous power...it honestly felt like it was wheel standing when you floored it. Quite entertaining really but a little dangerous. Because the weight transferred so much to the rear, the front had very little grip, so I could - under hard(full) acceleration, turn the front wheels back and forth and they’d just eeeeeekkkkkkk. Understeer city.
I was looking for a towing vehicle ...so had serious concerns..I spoke to the salesman about the rear shock damping and he said - yes, you need the electronic upgrade to control it...ok. That along with feedback was enough...Bye.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Return to Off topic - General conversation