Animal cruelty case - some ppl....

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Animal cruelty case - some ppl....

Post by TassieTiger » 31 Jul 2020, 12:42 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-31/ ... h/12510508

2 years jail - to be served at home?
Tikka .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 28’
Sauer 30-06
Howa 300 win mag.
TassieTiger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Tasmania

Re: Animal cruelty case - some ppl....

Post by Raven » 02 Aug 2020, 9:31 pm

Great role model he is for those 4 kids. Should have a licence to breed.
Raven
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by boingk » 02 Aug 2020, 10:38 pm

2 year suspended sentence. Common stuff if he doesn't have a big record.

Basically if he fahks up again inside 2 years he'll be re-sentenced and probably go into custody.

Seriously though, who the hell thinks that this kind of thing is a good idea?
Long time shooter, beginner reloader.
boingk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 03 Aug 2020, 12:20 pm

l'm glad he did not do it with a gun :unknown:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Victoria

Post by Flyer » 03 Aug 2020, 4:10 pm

marksman wrote:l'm glad he did not do it with a gun :unknown:

I think it's safe to assume that had they discharged firearms near all those houses in the suburbs they would both be facing stiffer sentences.

Those guys got more than the bloke who ran down all those emus and laughed about it on video. People who deliberately hurt animals usually lack empathy that can make them a danger to humans as well. This was pointed out by the magistrate. The older bloke got 12 months minimum incarceration, which he deserved for letting the young bloke drive his ute and egging him on.
The laws of physics do not apply to politics.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by womble » 03 Aug 2020, 5:11 pm

Pretty much.
I believe in the states people who hurt animals for sadistic pleasure, particularly young people, go on a list with the fbi.
Because they profile as likely to hurt or kill people later in life. Potential serial killers. Unfortunately some blokes just are’nt quite wired up correctly in the brain. Born that way. Lack of empathy, lack of conscience, lack of remorse etc being a main trait of psychopaths or even sociopaths.
Don’t know if that speaks for these guys, time will tell.
womble
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by mickb » 04 Aug 2020, 6:19 pm

I separate cruelty from unlawful killing, which should be punished butnot as bad as torture. What rides me more than people who kill a bunch of emus's and what I can never understand is people keeping single animals in tiny enclosures, battery hens and even pet birds in cages.

Particularly birds, an animal who's brain is designed by evolution to experience, process and enjoy the widest spaces and vistas open to any creature...so we stuff it in the smallest space possible and watch it go insane for 10-30 years.

Then that person complains if the yob next door has his dog chained up its whole life... :crazy:
mickb
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by Flyer » 05 Aug 2020, 3:22 pm

Completely agree. Some birds live longer than 30 years. And why anyone would want to eat eggs or meat from battey or barn hens raised in filthy unnatural conditions with no sunlight and pumped full of hormones to make them grow and anti-biotics to help them survive in their unsanitary facilities is beyond me. You're only as healthy as what you eat.

My only contention is that cruelty can also accompany unlawful killing. Is running over a mob of kangaroos, for example, unlawful killing or cruelty if said animals are left to die slowly of their injuries, or joeys are to crawl out of their dead mother's pouches and slowly freeze to death as in this case? It's not the unlawful killing, per se, but the cruelty that often accompanies it.
The laws of physics do not apply to politics.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 05 Aug 2020, 6:35 pm

With eveything I see on the news with 10 schoolboys charged with stabbing an unconscious man they randomly attacked, Karens and other assorted sovereign citizen nutjobs declaring their special status, this is the last straw - combined with the looming economic implosion - I despair for this country.
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by mickb » 06 Aug 2020, 12:28 am

Flyer wrote:
My only contention is that cruelty can also accompany unlawful killing. Is running over a mob of kangaroos, for example, unlawful killing or cruelty if said animals are left to die slowly of their injuries, or joeys are to crawl out of their dead mother's pouches and slowly freeze to death as in this case? It's not the unlawful killing, per se, but the cruelty that often accompanies it.

Same could be argued for us killing female animals of any type. We cant account for any young nearby. I'd rather the guy be punished as hard as necessary for each and every animal killed, including joeys yep sure, but without the torture talk. Thats just me, I prefer to save words like that for putting away the real sadists.
mickb
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Return to Off topic - General conversation