Drone Transportation Technology For War Fighters

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Drone Transportation Technology For War Fighters

Post by Member-Deleted » 18 Sep 2020, 7:07 pm

Just a spooky thought, I saw a video recently where a couple of rc drone technologies were under development. One was like a motorcycle drone and another was like... I don't know... a flying carpet? You stand on it and use two levers to steer it.. Now drones are pretty quiet.. Imagine a military squad flying low on these drones and just popping up behind you. You can't run, maybe you could hide for a while in a forest or something, you could probably shoot them down if you're a good shot. But damn... Technology is terrifying..
Member-Deleted

Re: Drone Transportation Technology For War Fighters

Post by southwest shooter » 18 Sep 2020, 7:17 pm

On the hong Kong's mate?
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 18 Sep 2020, 7:19 pm

southwest shooter wrote:On the hong Kong's mate?

What do you mean bud?
Member-Deleted

Post by southwest shooter » 18 Sep 2020, 7:23 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:

What do you mean bud?

Having a few hottie's and coldies after work?
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 18 Sep 2020, 7:34 pm

southwest shooter wrote:
BangWhizzClack wrote:

What do you mean bud?

Having a few hottie's and coldies after work?

Talk to me like I've got a disability. I don't understand your jargon haha. I'm just doing some research. I've got some excellent material against the "anti civilian gun ownership" dictators.
Member-Deleted

Post by CAVEMAN » 18 Sep 2020, 9:15 pm

Drone tech is probably one of the biggest evolutionary changes and also the scariest in quite some time. With the potential for literal killer swarms of relatively inexpensive drones doing the dirty.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-475 ... nd%20sizes.
"Well if it ain't an 8 inch, i'm not paying"

Some guy on the internet circa 2020
CAVEMAN
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 18 Sep 2020, 9:28 pm

Yeah, one project is for fighter jets to have companion drones capable of copying manoeuvres and formations as well as independent action, but AI is not advanced enough yet. Drone swarms, weaponised drones and man-transport drones are all pretty much doable right now.

Even just normal military drones are terrifying. I remember I was hiking at Alpine National Park maybe a year or two back and I was close to a peak. I could hear what I thought was a plane in the far off distance but couldn't tell which direction it was coming from. I'm looking around and all of a sudden a military style drone (no insignia, marks, letters or weapons visible) [edit: flew within] 30 feet of me. They are so quiet, you'd have no idea if it was there if it wanted to be out of sight but within kill range.

I have no idea why it was there.. seems a little sophisticated for Parks & Gardens or whoever to be looking for goats.
Member-Deleted

Post by on_one_wheel » 18 Sep 2020, 11:11 pm

I just love the fact that a lot of the technology eventually ends up in our hands.

I've been looking at (dreams are free) drones that are capable of fully autonomous flight with 50 km range, 8 hour flight time that can cover 400 kilometres ... :shock:

https://sunbirds.aero/sb4-phoenix-long-range
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 18 Sep 2020, 11:27 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:I just love the fact that a lot of the technology eventually ends up in our hands.

I've been looking at (dreams are free) drones that are capable of fully autonomous flight with 50 km range, 8 hour flight time that can cover 400 kilometres ... :shock:

https://sunbirds.aero/sb4-phoenix-long-range

s**t bro, we are on different levels hahaha. I'm thinking about getting into skeet shooting and learning how to make jammers. Unfortunately it probably wouldn't get into our hands. Because we can't be trusted with such technology apparently...
Member-Deleted

Post by wanneroo » 19 Sep 2020, 12:04 am

The US Marine Corps is getting rid of their M1 tanks and heavy equipment to reequip with drones coordinated by the ground troops.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Member-Deleted » 19 Sep 2020, 12:14 am

wanneroo wrote:The US Marine Corps is getting rid of their M1 tanks and heavy equipment to reequip with drones coordinated by the ground troops.

US citizens are lucky though. As long as you aren't trying to destroy the constitution, they aren't coming after you... The militarised police however... s**t... They blew a shooter up with a robot and c4.
Member-Deleted

Post by bigrich » 19 Sep 2020, 6:53 am

wanneroo wrote:The US Marine Corps is getting rid of their M1 tanks and heavy equipment to reequip with drones coordinated by the ground troops.

a quick google search will reveal drone and robotics being developed that is getting quite close to "terminator" movie stuff . another movie to look at is "screamers" with peter weller from "robocop" movies as the lead actor

drones,robots and even clones will be employed in the future as they don't have families to give negative press when they get killed . their expendable , except for their cost . think about it , they cloned a sheep over 20 years ago , think of the secret technology "they" are developing now that we don't know about.

think what i'm saying is far fetched , drones , self parking cars , and the anti missle laser's the US navy has were science fiction when i was ten years old 42 years ago . my bosses wife recently had a heart transplant , that was impossible as well

it's the technology we don't know about that scares me . think it's all tin foil hat theory ? the earth was flat once upon a time . man went from the wright brothers in 1903 , to dogfighting biplanes just 11 years later , to the spitfire less than 20 years after that , three years later the nazi's had a flying jet fighter at the end off WW2 . think of technology advancement these days ...... :unknown:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by trekin » 19 Sep 2020, 7:08 am

bigrich wrote:

a quick google search will reveal drone and robotics being developed that is getting quite close to "terminator" movie stuff . another movie to look at is "screamers" with peter weller from "robocop" movies as the lead actor

drones,robots and even clones will be employed in the future as they don't have families to give negative press when they get killed . their expendable , except for their cost . think about it , they cloned a sheep over 20 years ago , think of the secret technology "they" are developing now that we don't know about.

think what i'm saying is far fetched , drones , self parking cars , and the anti missle laser's the US navy has were science fiction when i was ten years old 42 years ago . my bosses wife recently had a heart transplant , that was impossible as well

it's the technology we don't know about that scares me . think it's all tin foil hat theory ? the earth was flat once upon a time . man went from the wright brothers in 1903 , to dogfighting biplanes just 11 years later , to the spitfire less than 20 years after that , three years later the nazi's had a flying jet fighter at the end off WW2 . think of technology advancement these days ...... :unknown:

And yet, here we are in 2020, and there are still plenty of people willing to believe the media hype that we are still using 30 year old tech when developing a new vacine.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 19 Sep 2020, 7:47 am

I read years ago trekin, about research into weaponisation of viruses to target certain genetic/racial groups

I don’t think there are that many limitations on science fiction becoming science fact these days. Information and knowledge is the most valuable commodity in the modern world. The Russians and Chinese realise this are they are aggressively attacking databases for this. Instead of a war with missles, you could destroy a country and send it into anarchy and kaos through crashing it’s banking system and communication systems. A lot of modern suburban potato heads couldn’t survive without be able to payWave at KFC for their dinner
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Grandadbushy » 19 Sep 2020, 8:23 am

That's happening at this very moment bigrich with the covid, if the truth is that the virus came from china, maybe china is trialing this virus and fine tuning it for a specific race of people and the break down of governments, imagine if this virus had been worse and lock downs were more serious ,like death if you wandered out, this virus has already split the ranks of the Australian government and the people they're already bickering between themselves, all that would be needed then is send in some drones to keep an eye on things which china has been trying to do for quiet awhile with it's electronics and students, i will now remove my tin foil hat now and i am fine with being called crazy but just think about it for awhile.
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by trekin » 19 Sep 2020, 8:31 am

bigrich wrote:I read years ago trekin, about research into weaponisation of viruses to target certain genetic/racial groups

I don’t think there are that many limitations on science fiction becoming science fact these days. Information and knowledge is the most valuable commodity in the modern world. The Russians and Chinese realise this are they are aggressively attacking databases for this. Instead of a war with missles, you could destroy a country and send it into anarchy and kaos through crashing it’s banking system and communication systems. A lot of modern suburban potato heads couldn’t survive without be able to payWave at KFC for their dinner

You're quite right.
Anyone who has been following the development of the vacine for this lastest virus, closely, will have noticed not just the advancement in the older tech to reduce the time needed to develope and test multiple types of vacines for safety and efectivness, but will also have seen a whole new technology emerging that will be able to develope and produce effective vacines against future natural or man made viruses within weeks of their emergence.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 19 Sep 2020, 11:51 am

Yep, I agree with all the above, weapons are so advanced that the average footsoldier is so irrelevant in a war. Nevertheless I'd prefer [edit: typo] people have the ability to defend themselves and become aggressive if necessary.. a slight ray of sunshine (though pretty hard to see) is that if nations went to war, most of the advanced warfare capabilities would be eliminated pretty early on. But that is if it happened now... We're f***ed though hahaha. Karen is being distracted so she can't see the forest for the trees. "Rapid-fire military-style baby-killing puppy-stomping Jesus-crucifying kitten-punching world-obliterating boom-sticks are capable of killing people, so I only want a segment of the population that I have no control over and that have no manager for me to call for to have them.. because logic..."
Member-Deleted

Post by snag » 19 Sep 2020, 7:24 pm

Just a dumb ol' farmer putting on his tinfoil hat for a moment, but has anyone been keeping up with this nano-technology/nano-robots stuff? They are developing these microscopic robots that can perform surgery on you from the inside. Ya reckon the blokes in charge haven't looked at weaponising that? Use your drones to drop these things in and it's war over without firing a shot.
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 19 Sep 2020, 8:10 pm

snag wrote:Just a dumb ol' farmer putting on his tinfoil hat for a moment, but has anyone been keeping up with this nano-technology/nano-robots stuff? They are developing these microscopic robots that can perform surgery on you from the inside. Ya reckon the blokes in charge haven't looked at weaponising that? Use your drones to drop these things in and it's war over without firing a shot.

Only seen it in movies, but as seems to be the case, the technology mentioned in movies tends to be based on some kind of reality. Don't sweat it bud, people can conversate about technology and how it can be used without being "crazy". Conspiracies are always just theories until they're not, it's the small minded and the guilty that shun people out of critical thinking. :drinks:
Member-Deleted

Post by Larry » 20 Sep 2020, 11:29 am

There was a presentation to the DOD in the US about using swarms of small drones that carried shape charges. They were at the cost of only a few $ when bought in the bulk like they would no doubt do. These where to target the enemies helmets and let the charges do the rest. Reality is really only a vision and $ away.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by bigrich » 20 Sep 2020, 12:21 pm

Larry wrote:There was a presentation to the DOD in the US about using swarms of small drones that carried shape charges. They were at the cost of only a few $ when bought in the bulk like they would no doubt do. These where to target the enemies helmets and let the charges do the rest. Reality is really only a vision and $ away.

you can find a short film on youtube about that . with facial recognition technology they were released from a plane (globemaster i think ) , and were targeting particular people . students who in the video are critical of the government .......... :problem: wouldn't the CCP love to be able to do that
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 20 Sep 2020, 3:40 pm

bigrich wrote:
Larry wrote:There was a presentation to the DOD in the US about using swarms of small drones that carried shape charges. They were at the cost of only a few $ when bought in the bulk like they would no doubt do. These where to target the enemies helmets and let the charges do the rest. Reality is really only a vision and $ away.

you can find a short film on youtube about that . with facial recognition technology they were released from a plane (globemaster i think ) , and were targeting particular people . students who in the video are critical of the government .......... :problem: wouldn't the CCP love to be able to do that

I guess we should all start investing in flurry skeet shooting! Or invent a netting system that let's off an electrical charge detonating the shaped charges (I’d imaging that's how shaped charges work). Think The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies when the dwarves had those spinning javelins that destroyed the elves arrows.
Member-Deleted

Post by Larry » 20 Sep 2020, 6:02 pm

The net system will be the best way to bring down a swarm of them unless is can be done electronically. A shape charge is a charge / explosion that has its force directed in a certain direction. Often used in demolition to cut through supporting pylons and walls. Also to cut through steel on tanks just like opening them up with a gas welder. just in one quick action. The drones direct a charge directly downwards into the victims head.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Member-Deleted » 20 Sep 2020, 6:49 pm

Larry wrote:The net system will be the best way to bring down a swarm of them unless is can be done electronically. A shape charge is a charge / explosion that has its force directed in a certain direction. Often used in demolition to cut through supporting pylons and walls. Also to cut through steel on tanks just like opening them up with a gas welder. just in one quick action. The drones direct a charge directly downwards into the victims head.

I know plastic explosives don't explode from shock, it takes an electronic charge. It won’t explode from fire, shock or microwave radiation. There are drones that carry guns and can use them accurately up to a certain distance, I'm not sure if that means they can hit a moving target, they'd be more expensive though. If you send a team of guardian drones first and then a swarm of explosive drones, that could be pretty devastating. I wonder if current ecm jammers, microwaves and chaff would work to interrupt the remote frequency. Maybe a matrix style emp will be developed?
Member-Deleted

Return to Off topic - General conversation