How full is your safe?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: How full is your safe?

Post by TassieTiger » 07 Oct 2020, 3:56 pm

eddievic wrote:
JimTom wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:Geez OB, I reckon you posted this thinking “look at me...I’m keewl as “ having a safe bursting at seems but then no1 and others blow you outta the water lol. Reckon it’s time for some crowd funding a new safe for No1 - that’s incredible. Funny to see a thief open that safe - he’d collapse laughing lol

A most unnecessary comment.

Don't worry about him... hes having a bad few weeks in sympathy to us Victorians in lockdown.

Haha you wouldn’t be too worried about not shooting, eh Eddie? Lol.

And don’t worry JT, if OB deems the comment unnecessary - then, he will have it removed or locked as per history.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Die Judicii » 07 Oct 2020, 8:50 pm

Going back to the OP,,,,,,

Which gunsafe are you referring to ???

:lol: :lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by marksman » 07 Oct 2020, 9:09 pm

Die Judicii wrote:Going back to the OP,,,,,,

Which gunsafe are you referring to ???

:lol: :lol:

its like you can hear the crickets :lol:

but l really want to know eddie where do you get your reamers from in QLD mate :unknown: it costs me a fortune to get them from the US :wtf:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Skinna » 07 Oct 2020, 9:21 pm

Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by eddievic » 08 Oct 2020, 11:31 am

TassieTiger wrote:And don’t worry JT, if OB deems the comment unnecessary - then, he will have it removed or locked as per history.

Butthurt much mate. Maybe you should invest in some gun oil.

And MM, wow don't you know? i thought you knew everything, from gunsmithig, to professional animal control to life sciences, environmental sciences, to accounting to healthcare.... i an surprised the nobel society haven't given you 20 nobel prizes and made you their president.
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 08 Oct 2020, 11:45 am

eddievic wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:And don’t worry JT, if OB deems the comment unnecessary - then, he will have it removed or locked as per history.

Butthurt much mate. Maybe you should invest in some gun oil.

Butt hurt ? Me ? Ummm...you do realise I posted the apparent antagonistic post to start with ?
But hey - I’ll welcome some opened ended banter and name calling, forum bit boring lately - go hard Sarge, Ed - give it ya best.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by JimTom » 08 Oct 2020, 11:56 am

You blokes cant be serious. I thought we were here to talk about rifles, reloading and all its associations. Unsure why posters need to be deliberately antagonistic.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 08 Oct 2020, 12:02 pm

JimTom wrote:You blokes cant be serious. I thought we were here to talk about rifles, reloading and all its associations. Unsure why posters need to be deliberately antagonistic.

Light hearted Jim - never went to the pub and ribbed a few ppl ? You do live in Oz yeah ?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by JimTom » 08 Oct 2020, 12:33 pm

Yes I do mate.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 08 Oct 2020, 12:43 pm

JimTom wrote:Yes I do mate.

Problem with the written word, is you can’t see the smiles and giggles and sarcasm and stirring sentiments that accompany it. If I was in a pub with half the blokes on here - the conversation would be nothing but crap stirring all night...the forum is no different - especially in overly quiet times when there’s bugger all happening...send me your address - I think OB has some Bex left.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Die Judicii » 08 Oct 2020, 3:58 pm

TassieTiger wrote:
Problem with the written word, is you can’t see the smiles and giggles and sarcasm and stirring sentiments that accompany it.

If that were genuinely the case,,,,, one could/would expect to see the use of appropriate emoticons being used,,,,,, yeah ?? :unknown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 08 Oct 2020, 4:35 pm

Die Judicii wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:
Problem with the written word, is you can’t see the smiles and giggles and sarcasm and stirring sentiments that accompany it.

If that were genuinely the case,,,,, one could/would expect to see the use of appropriate emoticons being used,,,,,, yeah ?? :unknown:

Quick replies on phone don’t offer up the emoticons - I’m not going looking for them....funny how we all ridicule today’s generation for being soft snd now a few ribbing words here and there, seem to upset those same ppl...Bunnings have concrete on special this week - harden up eh ?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by marksman » 08 Oct 2020, 4:50 pm

JimTom wrote:You blokes cant be serious. I thought we were here to talk about rifles, reloading and all its associations. Unsure why posters need to be deliberately antagonistic.

serious question JimTom
can you make any sence out of this and do you think it is deliberately antagonistic :unknown:

"And MM, wow don't you know? i thought you knew everything, from gunsmithig, to professional animal control to life sciences, environmental sciences, to accounting to healthcare.... i an surprised the nobel society haven't given you 20 nobel prizes and made you their president."

sorry mate but l think its a response from someone who is caught out in BS :wtf: and he still wont tell me where to get reamers in QLD :roll:
its pretty disappointing dont you think :lol: and the grammar sucks like when ziad was on the forum :allegedly: :unknown:

l am not having a crack at you JimTom but eddie didn't need to join in and make any comment about TT :unknown:
why wont he just tell me where to get reamers in QLD :lol: and give me a nobel prize like Trump is going to get :drinks: :sarcasm:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by TimTimney » 08 Oct 2020, 5:56 pm

I must be one of Spika's best customers. Just bought another 12 gun safe yesterday!
Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Virtue is doing it
TimTimney
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by TimTimney » 08 Oct 2020, 6:00 pm

Skinna wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzN3yJXlWrg

Thats amazing, what are they saying? :sarcasm:
Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Virtue is doing it
TimTimney
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by eddievic » 08 Oct 2020, 6:21 pm

MM never said i get reamers from qld or they are cheap. They were two different sentences read it again.

Stop trying to sensationalise things and trying to play victim card, you don't need to behave like a tenage girl.
Mate if you need a powerpass card ill lend you mine so you can get a bag of concrete from bunnings and harden up a little

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by snag » 08 Oct 2020, 6:30 pm

TimTimney wrote:I must be one of Spika's best customers. Just bought another 12 gun safe yesterday!

So, what guns are you going to buy to fill that sucker? You can't leave it under capacity!
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by marksman » 08 Oct 2020, 6:38 pm

eddievic wrote:I got those gun socks from ebay pretty good and cheap.... gone and taken scopes off a couple of guns. Next I am thinking getting some go/nogo guages and a barrel wrench. only issue there is i can see myself wanting to get some reamers and cheap barrels from Queensland.

All things we do because we are just too cheap to buy another safe or keep the awkward conversation with the wife from happening.

"MM never said i get reamers from qld or they are cheap."

oh yes you did eddie ;) but you wont share where from in QLD :lol: simple question mate, give it up, tell me where you get them from :wtf:

and how dare you say l'm trying to sensationalise things and trying to play victim card, you don't need to behave like a teenage girl. :o
how dare you :wtf: you are being deliberately antagonistic :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
l'm so offended l'm taking my go/nogo gauges, barrel wrench, reamers and barrels and l'm going to QLD :lol:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Skinna » 08 Oct 2020, 6:48 pm

TimTimney wrote:
Skinna wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzN3yJXlWrg

Thats amazing, what are they saying? :sarcasm:

They're saying in a whispering voice...

..."be vewy vewy kwiett...we dont want to miss hearing where eddie gets his reamers from in Qld...pass it on..."...
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by animalpest » 08 Oct 2020, 8:15 pm

There is a very good reason why I dont post pictures of my firearms or gun safes.

One popular make of keypad gun safe had the pad fail. Can't find the key and cannot buy parts (e.g. new keypad or keys) to the safe. Great.
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 08 Oct 2020, 8:18 pm

animalpest wrote:There is a very good reason why I dont post pictures of my firearms or gun safes.

One popular make of keypad gun safe had the pad fail. Can't find the key and cannot buy parts (e.g. new keypad or keys) to the safe. Great.

Use a magnet to push the solenoid block out of the way.
Or remove the keypad and reach in the holes.
Or just pick the lock.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 08 Oct 2020, 8:18 pm

animalpest wrote:There is a very good reason why I dont post pictures of my firearms or gun safes.

I'm failing to see where taking a photo affects this, can you please enlighten me?
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 08 Oct 2020, 8:20 pm

bladeracer wrote:

Or just pick the lock.

Most gunsafes are a c*** to pick. Some override locks are possible easy, but that's typically on standard cheap safes you get from bunnings. The solenoid trick will work with cheap locks, and same with the reaching in the holes.
Member-Deleted

Post by snag » 08 Oct 2020, 9:29 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Or just pick the lock.

Most gunsafes are a c*** to pick. Some override locks are possible easy, but that's typically on standard cheap safes you get from bunnings. The solenoid trick will work with cheap locks, and same with the reaching in the holes.

Now, I don't normally buy into this sort of argy-bargy, but I just have to ask the question - BangWhizzCrack, how many safes have you actually opened? By that I mean, you personally? I ask this because I have personally unlocked dozens in both a professional and club-member capacity and can tell you that the advice given is valid and works in most applications. Are you talking from personal experience or just regurgitating stuff from the internet?
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 08 Oct 2020, 10:09 pm

snag wrote:
BangWhizzClack wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Or just pick the lock.

Now, I don't normally buy into this sort of argy-bargy, but I just have to ask the question - BangWhizzCrack, how many safes have you actually opened? By that I mean, you personally? I ask this because I have personally unlocked dozens in both a professional and club-member capacity and can tell you that the advice given is valid and works in most applications. Are you talking from personal experience or just regurgitating stuff from the internet?

I'm a recently qualified locksmith. I've unlocked and worked on several safes. Combination dial safes, mortice key safes, a couple electronic keypad safes, I've built a small safe from scratch. My last year at trade school was massively focused on safes and electronic security.
Member-Deleted

Post by animalpest » 08 Oct 2020, 10:31 pm

Used a piece of wire to get into the safe.
You blokes can be touchy about someone's knowledge
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 08 Oct 2020, 10:38 pm

animalpest wrote:Used a piece of wire to get into the safe.

Nice, perhaps look at upgrading your safe if better security is a concern :p
Member-Deleted

Post by eddievic » 09 Oct 2020, 12:09 am

animalpest wrote:Used a piece of wire to get into the safe.

Sure as mate.

There are a few on here...make you wonder if they are middle/old age men or teenage girls with their behaviour.

Reamers, how much you been paying for yours MM..... maybe you should have gone to specsavers.
https://ssaagunsales.com/listing/20919

Now stop being a troll.

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by eddievic » 09 Oct 2020, 12:16 am

The thing about reamers they can be used multiple times and sharpened hence can be shared among friends

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 09 Oct 2020, 11:57 am

marksman wrote:

serious question JimTom
can you make any sence out of this and do you think it is deliberately antagonistic :unknown:

"And MM, wow don't you know? i thought you knew everything, from gunsmithig, to professional animal control to life sciences, environmental sciences, to accounting to healthcare.... i an surprised the nobel society haven't given you 20 nobel prizes and made you their president."

sorry mate but l think its a response from someone who is caught out in BS :wtf: and he still wont tell me where to get reamers in QLD :roll:
its pretty disappointing dont you think :lol: and the grammar sucks like when ziad was on the forum :allegedly: :unknown:

l am not having a crack at you JimTom but eddie didn't need to join in and make any comment about TT :unknown:
why wont he just tell me where to get reamers in QLD :lol: and give me a nobel prize like Trump is going to get :drinks: :sarcasm:

Not directed at you Sir. I enjoy reading your posts.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation