How full is your safe?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: How full is your safe?

Post by pomemax » 09 Oct 2020, 12:09 pm

Most gun safes when people buy them have a facility to add a few people to OPEN it Most people DON,T they just add ONE that normaly leaves the other still set on he default code animalpest find that may help you
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 09 Oct 2020, 1:01 pm

pomemax wrote:Most gun safes when people buy them have a facility to add a few people to OPEN it Most people DON,T they just add ONE that normaly leaves the other still set on he default code animalpest find that may help you

Never seen that, I don't think it applies to most safes, but I guess there must be some safes that do.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 09 Oct 2020, 1:25 pm

eddievic wrote:
animalpest wrote:Used a piece of wire to get into the safe.
You blokes can be touchy about someone's knowledge

Sure as mate.

There are a few on here...make you wonder if they are middle/old age men or teenage girls with their behaviour.

Reamers, how much you been paying for yours MM..... maybe you should have gone to specsavers.
https://ssaagunsales.com/listing/20919

Now stop being a troll.

they are serbian reamers eddie :wtf:

get it right mate :unknown: QLD reamers mate QLD ;)
now you know l'm having a bit of fun but l think l need to give you a bit of advice mate,
"sometimes you will look smarter by not saying anything at all"
:drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 09 Oct 2020, 2:38 pm

bladeracer wrote:
pomemax wrote:Most gun safes when people buy them have a facility to add a few people to OPEN it Most people DON,T they just add ONE that normaly leaves the other still set on he default code animalpest find that may help you

Never seen that, I don't think it applies to most safes, but I guess there must be some safes that do.

I can't say I've seen them on gun safes personally, but digital key pads will typically allow a master code, user codes (amount varies) and then have a default code that is eliminated once the master code is set but can be brought back after a hard reset.
Member-Deleted

Post by bladeracer » 09 Oct 2020, 4:07 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

I can't say I've seen them on gun safes personally, but digital key pads will typically allow a master code, user codes (amount varies) and then have a default code that is eliminated once the master code is set but can be brought back after a hard reset.

Yes, but that's because those things are generally to allow numerous people to have access, and it records them going in and out. Gun safes generally don't need that.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 09 Oct 2020, 4:14 pm

Exactly
Member-Deleted

Post by eddievic » 11 Oct 2020, 8:15 am

marksman wrote:
eddievic wrote:
animalpest wrote:Used a piece of wire to get into the safe.
You blokes can be touchy about someone's knowledge

Sure as mate.

There are a few on here...make you wonder if they are middle/old age men or teenage girls with their behaviour.

Reamers, how much you been paying for yours MM..... maybe you should have gone to specsavers.
https://ssaagunsales.com/listing/20919

Now stop being a troll.

they are serbian reamers eddie :wtf:

get it right mate :unknown: QLD reamers mate QLD ;)
now you know l'm having a bit of fun but l think l need to give you a bit of advice mate,
"sometimes you will look smarter by not saying anything at all"
:drinks:

Can't help you if you can't read English... maybe if your went to school instead trolling on internet forums.

Anyway cheap reamers, you don't like Serbian, USA made clymer. For $105USD, less than $175 aussie pesos shipped
https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tool ... 17643.aspx

Maybe instead of trolling just chill out go shoot. Atleast you can.
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 11 Oct 2020, 10:57 am

l have been going out shooting eddie heaps mate ;) but l will heed your advice to get out shooting more :drinks:

your putting up reamers from all over the place except QLD mate WTF :unknown:
maybe you should pay a bit more attention to my advice to you ;) instead of trying to twist what you said into something else :lol: :roll:
sometimes you will look smarter by not saying anything at all :lol:
and remember if you start telling porkies you will always get caught out mate :thumbsup:

now stay low and be quiet, your really starting to sound like a Victorian labor minister at a press conference
soon you wont be able to recall anything :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 11 Oct 2020, 11:22 am

Unfortunately the heavy rain last week managed to leak into my office somehow, I discovered a large damp patch on the floor...under two safes!

Looks like I have a big job of emptying them all so I can raise them off the floor, and paint their bottoms with a thick coat of silicone. Oh well :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 11 Oct 2020, 11:25 am

rubber pool paint would do the trick Blade https://www.directpoolsupplies.com.au/c ... int-4-l-dg
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 11 Oct 2020, 11:54 am

marksman wrote:rubber pool paint would do the trick Blade https://www.directpoolsupplies.com.au/c ... int-4-l-dg

That looks good MM, thanks for the tip!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bello » 12 Oct 2020, 8:55 am

You asked "How full is your safe"
That depends on who's asking.
If it's the wife, then the answer is "I don't need any more guns honey" :thumbsup:
If you ask me I would say "I only need one more" :sarcasm:
The problem I have noticed with MY gun safe was caused by the government.
They and they alone have caused all my gun safe problems.
See if you can follow my logic here:
The government paced us into lock down. The guns went into the safe. The safe door was shut. It was dark and scary in the safe.
When I reopened the safe , it appears that boredom and mischief led to a multiplying effect. Now the safe is chockers.
What's a guy to do. :lol:
I will now need a new safe, some scopes to top the new additions to the family, some range time for load development, countless trips the candy store, sorry I mean the gun shop for projectiles etc etc.
What's a guy to do :roll:
Bello
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Skinna » 12 Oct 2020, 9:26 am

bladeracer wrote:
marksman wrote:rubber pool paint would do the trick Blade https://www.directpoolsupplies.com.au/c ... int-4-l-dg

That looks good MM, thanks for the tip!

Or another alternative is this one...Aussie made too i believe...!!...i carry a bucket of this & am a big fan...!...Prob cheaper as well as being water based.
Youll be bound to find uses for this one around the farm Blade so its available in 15 ltr tubs too & does last if you check & give it a stir every few months & maybe add a little water if its too dry. :drinks:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/gripset-bet ... e_p0960166

This is what its otherwise known as in trade terms.

https://gripset.com/products/gripset-51/
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by marksman » 12 Oct 2020, 11:42 am

Bello wrote:You asked "How full is your safe"
That depends on who's asking.
If it's the wife, then the answer is "I don't need any more guns honey" :thumbsup:
If you ask me I would say "I only need one more" :sarcasm:
The problem I have noticed with MY gun safe was caused by the government.
They and they alone have caused all my gun safe problems.
See if you can follow my logic here:
The government paced us into lock down. The guns went into the safe. The safe door was shut. It was dark and scary in the safe.
When I reopened the safe , it appears that boredom and mischief led to a multiplying effect. Now the safe is chockers.
What's a guy to do. :lol:
I will now need a new safe, some scopes to top the new additions to the family, some range time for load development, countless trips the candy store, sorry I mean the gun shop for projectiles etc etc.
What's a guy to do :roll:

very very true Bello, locking us up has given more lazy money for extra toys to keep us occupied :lol: :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 12 Oct 2020, 7:46 pm

Well I suppose if I lived in a free country this would be my safe but I don't so it's not .

Screenshot_20201012-204408_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201012-204408_Gallery.jpg (280.1 KiB) Viewed 5765 times
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 Oct 2020, 7:48 pm

deye243 wrote:Well I suppose if I lived in a free country this would be my safe but I don't so it's not .

Screenshot_20201012-204408_Gallery.jpg

I wouldn't judge negatively if that was someone's personal collection, but you could arm a small militia with that. Hmm, gives me an idea ;)
Member-Deleted

Post by JimTom » 12 Oct 2020, 7:53 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:[quote="d
I wouldn't judge negatively if that was someone's personal collection, but you could arm a small militia with that. Hmm, gives me an idea ;)

Dangerous talk mate.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 Oct 2020, 8:23 pm

JimTom wrote:

Dangerous talk mate.

;) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yK0P1Bk8Cx4
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 Oct 2020, 8:25 pm

I'm pretty sure clubs, gangs and groups are legal, as long as you abide by the law.
Member-Deleted

Post by deye243 » 12 Oct 2020, 8:47 pm

JimTom wrote:

Dangerous talk mate.

And there's my point made .
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 Oct 2020, 9:11 pm

deye243 wrote:
JimTom wrote:

Dangerous talk mate.

And there's my point made .

What was your point sorry mate?
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 Oct 2020, 9:12 pm

Oh, about Australia not being a free country. I agree with you 100%
Member-Deleted

Post by JimTom » 13 Oct 2020, 8:42 am

Yes it is a free country however I fail to see how using veiled Speech suggesting that one can arm a militia will do the firearm owners in this country any favours. To be honest BWC, one could be forgiven for thinking you are someone on here stirring up rubbish trying to make us look bad. Which side are you really on mate. Some of your perceived extremist comments mate go to far and I am surprised it hasn’t been taken down. The lefties would love some of that stuff to twist around and all of a sudden we are portrayed as a far right extreme ist group.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 13 Oct 2020, 10:15 am

JimTom wrote:Yes it is a free country however I fail to see how using veiled Speech suggesting that one can arm a militia will do the firearm owners in this country any favours. To be honest BWC, one could be forgiven for thinking you are someone on here stirring up rubbish trying to make us look bad. Which side are you really on mate. Some of your perceived extremist comments mate go to far and I am surprised it hasn’t been taken down. The lefties would love some of that stuff to twist around and all of a sudden we are portrayed as a far right extreme ist group.

1. Not a free country.

2. I'm just pointing out the firepower that individual/group has in their safe.

3. Hey bro, plausible deniability is the name of the game isn't it?

4. 'IF' my idea was to start a militia, why does that make it a far right extremist group? Leftists lable anything right of woke as far right/Nazi/white supremacist etc. Leftists can start militias too, as can centrists, non-voters, mixed etc.

5. If I'm the enemy of shooters for "stirring up rubbish", would that make you an ally for keeping shooters in the rubbish? Because like it or not, we look bad, period. We could all be cleanly shaven, suit wearing yuppies, but as soon as people see a gun, they've been programmed to think negatively about it.

6. Just because you "perceive" my comments as "extremist" doesn't make it so. That's a major problem with how our society works, people are always pandering to the "perceptions" of others, except for Jews and the Woke (that's not anti-semitic, that's just fact) who seem to be the judges of what's right or wrong, good or bad, and we all have to jump through their hoops. When we stop jumping, they go back to controlling their own little group.

So, while I can understand your concern, I am not the enemy of shooters or people who are into weapons/combat in general. If you still believe Australian's are free, why would my comments be a concern?
I'll play ball for as long as is necessary, but it is important to stoke the fire occasionally, otherwise you go to sleep.
Member-Deleted

Post by bladeracer » 13 Oct 2020, 10:33 am

In modern Australia you can lose your firearms and licence for nothing more than somebody's perception. There's the over-ride clause in every state's Act that the Commissioner can deem anybody to no longer be "fit and proper" to hold a firearm licence. No evidence of wrong doing or nefarious intent required.

BangWhizzClack wrote:
JimTom wrote:Yes it is a free country however I fail to see how using veiled Speech suggesting that one can arm a militia will do the firearm owners in this country any favours. To be honest BWC, one could be forgiven for thinking you are someone on here stirring up rubbish trying to make us look bad. Which side are you really on mate. Some of your perceived extremist comments mate go to far and I am surprised it hasn’t been taken down. The lefties would love some of that stuff to twist around and all of a sudden we are portrayed as a far right extreme ist group.

1. Not a free country.

2. I'm just pointing out the firepower that individual/group has in their safe.

3. Hey bro, plausible deniability is the name of the game isn't it?

4. 'IF' my idea was to start a militia, why does that make it a far right extremist group? Leftists lable anything right of woke as far right/Nazi/white supremacist etc. Leftists can start militias too, as can centrists, non-voters, mixed etc.

5. If I'm the enemy of shooters for "stirring up rubbish", would that make you an ally for keeping shooters in the rubbish? Because like it or not, we look bad, period. We could all be cleanly shaven, suit wearing yuppies, but as soon as people see a gun, they've been programmed to think negatively about it.

6. Just because you "perceive" my comments as "extremist" doesn't make it so. That's a major problem with how our society works, people are always pandering to the "perceptions" of others, except for Jews and the Woke (that's not anti-semitic, that's just fact) who seem to be the judges of what's right or wrong, good or bad, and we all have to jump through their hoops. When we stop jumping, they go back to controlling their own little group.

So, while I can understand your concern, I am not the enemy of shooters or people who are into weapons/combat in general. If you still believe Australian's are free, why would my comments be a concern?
I'll play ball for as long as is necessary, but it is important to stoke the fire occasionally, otherwise you go to sleep.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 13 Oct 2020, 10:49 am

bladeracer wrote:In modern Australia you can lose your firearms and licence for nothing more than somebody's perception. There's the over-ride clause in every state's Act that the Commissioner can deem anybody to no longer be "fit and proper" to hold a firearm licence. No evidence of wrong doing or nefarious intent required.

To my understanding though, correct me if I'm wrong, that can be taken up at VCAT or some other court and a judge decides if it was a reasonable cause or not? It's pretty much what NSC is fighting at the moment.
Member-Deleted

Post by Skinna » 13 Oct 2020, 11:03 am

Oh dear... :shock:

Did someone say something about awareness a while back...?...or did i imagine that...?... :?
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 13 Oct 2020, 11:10 am

Skinna wrote:Oh dear... :shock:

Did someone say something about awareness a while back...?...or did i imagine that...?... :?

Pretty sure you mentioned something about it.
Member-Deleted

Post by bladeracer » 13 Oct 2020, 2:20 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:
bladeracer wrote:In modern Australia you can lose your firearms and licence for nothing more than somebody's perception. There's the over-ride clause in every state's Act that the Commissioner can deem anybody to no longer be "fit and proper" to hold a firearm licence. No evidence of wrong doing or nefarious intent required.

To my understanding though, correct me if I'm wrong, that can be taken up at VCAT or some other court and a judge decides if it was a reasonable cause or not? It's pretty much what NSC is fighting at the moment.

Anything can be appealed, if you don't mind the time and expense involved in doing so.
Personally, I have too much invested in my firearms and shooting to risk it by saying stupid things online.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 13 Oct 2020, 2:59 pm

bladeracer wrote:
BangWhizzClack wrote:

Anything can be appealed, if you don't mind the time and expense involved in doing so.
Personally, I have too much invested in my firearms and shooting to risk it by saying stupid things online.

Fair enough mate. I understand. I won't argue with that logic.
Member-Deleted

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation