They really do exist, (Ignorant + Ill informed) people

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

They really do exist, (Ignorant + Ill informed) people

Post by Die Judicii » 10 Oct 2020, 5:15 pm

This aft I had the dubious honor of meeting face to face (sit down and talk situation) some people that live not far from my property.
Although for just on 7 years I have driven past their house several times each and every day of the week, today was the first time that I had some time on my hands, as well as actually seeing them sitting out the front of their house.
So I thought I'd stop and formally introduce myself rather than just a wave as I drive past.

Initial introductions over,,,,,, this lady proceeded to say,,,,, "I don't like you"

Somewhat flabbergasted I asked WHY ?

To which she replied,,,,,,,, "You shoot guns and kill things, and I don't like you. I can hear the shots,, and I live in fear of bullets ripping through our house.
And, I've written letters to the local MP and the Council about what you do."

So I pull out my phone and show her some photos of various sheep, goats, etc that have been ripped apart and left to die slowly by feral dogs on some of the properties that have asked me to get rid of the feral dogs on.
I explained the cost incurred on the property owners by these dogs,,, and that the majority of the shots she may hear coming from my property is simply me verifying the zero before I head out at night.

She said,,,,, "So your not shooting animals at that time ?"
Although tempted to say Oh yes,,, I tie up kittens and cute little frogs and shoot them for target practice,,,,,,,,,,, I declined.

I asked what response did she get from her letter writing ?? ,,,,,,,, and suggested that maybe she should have simply knocked on my door and expressed her concern/s about hearing shots emanating from my property.
I never got a reply about knocking on the door,,,,, but she did say that the local MP and the Council had advised her that I can both safely and legally shoot on my property at any time I choose seeing as it is a rural/agricultural property.

She then gave me a ? in depth assurance that she knows the difference of sound between a rifle shot and a shotgun, because she lived on a farm when she was a child (approx 70 years ago) and that she used to work for a Council.

All of these credentials are I'm guessing a must,, if you deem yourself to be an expert in the inherent danger of hearing a few shots fired, but neither willing or attempting to broach the issue face on.
:crazy: :huh: :wtf:

Her husband on the other hand is a highly intelligent fellow,,,, and quite amenable,, understanding,,, and may I add "tolerant"
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: They really do exist, (Ignorant + Ill informed) people

Post by Member-Deleted » 10 Oct 2020, 5:41 pm

Die Judicii wrote:This aft I had the dubious honor of meeting face to face (sit down and talk situation) some people that live not far from my property.
Although for just on 7 years I have driven past their house several times each and every day of the week, today was the first time that I had some time on my hands, as well as actually seeing them sitting out the front of their house.
So I thought I'd stop and formally introduce myself rather than just a wave as I drive past.

Initial introductions over,,,,,, this lady proceeded to say,,,,, "I don't like you"

Somewhat flabbergasted I asked WHY ?

To which she replied,,,,,,,, "You shoot guns and kill things, and I don't like you. I can hear the shots,, and I live in fear of bullets ripping through our house.
And, I've written letters to the local MP and the Council about what you do."

So I pull out my phone and show her some photos of various sheep, goats, etc that have been ripped apart and left to die slowly by feral dogs on some of the properties that have asked me to get rid of the feral dogs on.
I explained the cost incurred on the property owners by these dogs,,, and that the majority of the shots she may hear coming from my property is simply me verifying the zero before I head out at night.

She said,,,,, "So your not shooting animals at that time ?"
Although tempted to say Oh yes,,, I tie up kittens and cute little frogs and shoot them for target practice,,,,,,,,,,, I declined.

I asked what response did she get from her letter writing ?? ,,,,,,,, and suggested that maybe she should have simply knocked on my door and expressed her concern/s about hearing shots emanating from my property.
I never got a reply about knocking on the door,,,,, but she did say that the local MP and the Council had advised her that I can both safely and legally shoot on my property at any time I choose seeing as it is a rural/agricultural property.

She then gave me a ? in depth assurance that she knows the difference of sound between a rifle shot and a shotgun, because she lived on a farm when she was a child (approx 70 years ago) and that she used to work for a Council.

All of these credentials are I'm guessing a must,, if you deem yourself to be an expert in the inherent danger of hearing a few shots fired, but neither willing or attempting to broach the issue face on.
:crazy: :huh: :wtf:

Her husband on the other hand is a highly intelligent fellow,,,, and quite amenable,, understanding,,, and may I add "tolerant"

Old crow, it's thanks to c*** like her we're in the mess we're in. Thanks for taking the time to educate the lass.
Member-Deleted

Post by Blr243 » 10 Oct 2020, 5:54 pm

Better to be living in the bush hearing gunshots than Living in the city and listening to the traffic
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 10 Oct 2020, 5:58 pm

I'm on several bush user groups on Facebook.
A couple years back we were discussing the authorities trying to lock everybody out of public lands, specifically state forests.
I mentioned hunting and a woman leapt up to scream that no way should we ever allow hunters into state forests, they would ruin it for everybody else...
I asked her if she's ever actually been in a state forest, yes, spent decades taking her family into them.
So I explained that while she and her kids have been wandering around in state forests, so have the 40,000 Victorian deer hunters. Not only did they not ruin the experience for her, she never even knew they were out there...for decades :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 10 Oct 2020, 6:14 pm

l've been copping a few lately myself DJ :lol:

on one farm the neighbor has reported me to the police and council because l shoot the rabbits
after she got a negative response there she rang the farmer and spewed a hateful lefty woke progressive tirade that made the farmer blush
the lady is from the big smoke who's husband died but l'm still there shooting twice as much as before :thumbsup:

then down the road another farmer who l shoot roos on his property was phoned up and abused because single neighbor heard the shots near her boundary and knew l was culling the 80 odd roos in his backyard, he laughed at her and told her he was not going to start a roo farm for her sake
she drives past slowly scowling at me doing the crazy karen at times, it makes my day to see people involved with a passion ;)

and still in the same area a white collar worker decided to buy 100 acres make a horsey farm after clearing and new fences but he deliberately pulled down a fence line so the farm l was shooting on cattle went into his paddock causing all sorts of strife with bio haz ect... it caused my farmer mate a hell of a lot of trouble and the new guy has been carrying on like a headless chook about the cruelty of shooting animals even foxes that he reckons can be tamed because they are just a dog and its our fault they are here so we need to look after them,
l think he comes from that country called aware because he looks pretty woke to me :huh: he should have stayed in the big smoke :lol:

these people have no place in the country areas because all they will do is make the bush a tinderbox waiting for a big bushfire lived in by ferals because they will not look after it, common sence has to prevail eventually
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 10 Oct 2020, 6:18 pm

Mate great story and thanks for sharing that. It just goes to show the mentality of some people. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 10 Oct 2020, 7:07 pm

Yes, DJ, they are amoung us. Well Done.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 11 Oct 2020, 7:37 pm

Blr243 wrote:Better to be living in the bush hearing gunshots than Living in the city and listening to the traffic

True. I’d rather hear gunshots in the bush than gunshots in the city.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Grandadbushy » 11 Oct 2020, 11:33 pm

Yes it's a common thing with people with no idea of the ethics and costs of removing pests or the many lives wild pests have ruined and caused the loss of many farmers lively hoods ie wild dogs for example , it's all about them and them alone on how they feel about hearing or seeing pests removed and their warped sense of self importance and it is the likes of these people combined with the anti gun bias that it's becoming a problem for gun owners. It's good you kept your cool DJ and explained it clearly to her you may have won a heart there, but seriously i've had many encounters with people renting houses on properties they don't even own they're just tennants several have tried to throw me off until the owner rang them and said if you don't like it then move or pay for the calves he loses to dogs then instant change of opinion from them
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 Oct 2020, 6:09 am

Grandadbushy wrote:Yes it's a common thing with people with no idea of the ethics and costs of removing pests or the many lives wild pests have ruined and caused the loss of many farmers lively hoods ie wild dogs for example , it's all about them and them alone on how they feel about hearing or seeing pests removed and their warped sense of self importance and it is the likes of these people combined with the anti gun bias that it's becoming a problem for gun owners. It's good you kept your cool DJ and explained it clearly to her you may have won a heart there, but seriously i've had many encounters with people renting houses on properties they don't even own they're just tennants several have tried to throw me off until the owner rang them and said if you don't like it then move or pay for the calves he loses to dogs then instant change of opinion from them

It's good your neighbour sticks up for you.
Member-Deleted

Post by Grandadbushy » 12 Oct 2020, 10:34 am

Yes BWC i'm lucky in that respect all the farmers around here are very protective of their land and those that have tenants living in their spare housing don't like them interfering in the workings of the property nor should they and in another post i have said that i have earned respect from these farmers and individuals so they look after me quiet well and i respect them back as well and by doing that it has worked well for years for me and them as well
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 Oct 2020, 12:02 pm

Grandadbushy wrote:Yes BWC i'm lucky in that respect all the farmers around here are very protective of their land and those that have tenants living in their spare housing don't like them interfering in the workings of the property nor should they and in another post i have said that i have earned respect from these farmers and individuals so they look after me quiet well and i respect them back as well and by doing that it has worked well for years for me and them as well

Good on you mate, do they shoot?
Member-Deleted

Post by Grandadbushy » 12 Oct 2020, 12:45 pm

Nah BWC i don't think the land owners let them shoot mainly because the farmer can't keep tabs on them and they tend to bring all their mates out to shoot , too many farmers around here have had bad experiences with things like that so they prefer a local do what they need done , there's only one other around here doing what i do and i don't know how long he'll be doing it for as he took a few blokes out and had a camp on one of the properties and left trees around the camp site full of holes and rubbish scattered everywhere , mind you the crows and dogs scattered it but it shouldn't have been left there in the first place , Farmers treat their land as their home and you don't leave rubbish in their home quick way to get kicked off and rightly so, rubbish can make a horse spook and possibly injure a rider or glass can even cause fires , so his stay may be temporary
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 13 Oct 2020, 3:39 pm

What do you know. The mods have deleted some the replies to this post..................sigh :thumbsdown:
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 13 Oct 2020, 3:54 pm

In the bush where I hunt the entire district is very aware of the crop damage pigs do. Nobody gives me a hard time. But Back at home the non shooting city folk Who know I hunt all think I’m some sort of wild beast
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 13 Oct 2020, 6:53 pm

Grandadbushy wrote:Nah BWC i don't think the land owners let them shoot mainly because the farmer can't keep tabs on them and they tend to bring all their mates out to shoot , too many farmers around here have had bad experiences with things like that so they prefer a local do what they need done , there's only one other around here doing what i do and i don't know how long he'll be doing it for as he took a few blokes out and had a camp on one of the properties and left trees around the camp site full of holes and rubbish scattered everywhere , mind you the crows and dogs scattered it but it shouldn't have been left there in the first place , Farmers treat their land as their home and you don't leave rubbish in their home quick way to get kicked off and rightly so, rubbish can make a horse spook and possibly injure a rider or glass can even cause fires , so his stay may be temporary

I see, well, I'll be sure to make sure I pick up after myself, should I get the opportunity to shoot on someone's property.
Member-Deleted

Post by Stoney » 13 Oct 2020, 8:15 pm

Bugman wrote:What do you know. The mods have deleted some the replies to this post..................sigh :thumbsdown:

Just keep drinking your Fluoridated water Bugman. It never existed. IT NEVER EXISTED. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 14 Oct 2020, 5:56 am

Stoney wrote:
Bugman wrote:What do you know. The mods have deleted some the replies to this post..................sigh :thumbsdown:

Just keep drinking your Fluoridated water Bugman. It never existed. IT NEVER EXISTED. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep. To quote Rene Discartes " I think, therefore I am".................................................................................................................................not, maybe
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 14 Oct 2020, 5:59 am

Anyone know Why posts were deleted from this thread ? Which wanker whinged.?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by trekin » 14 Oct 2020, 6:47 am

TassieTiger wrote:Anyone know Why posts were deleted from this thread ? Which wanker whinged.?

Probably the "Ignrant + Ill informed" amongst us.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by eddievic » 14 Oct 2020, 8:02 am

I didn't request any moderation on this thread.

But still i am surprised, are you guys just pretending to be that thick, surely you are intelligent people.

Its obvious what types of posts get moderated, and its obvious that certain people are proportionally more likely to get their posts moderated.

The answer gentlemen, is very simple.
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 14 Oct 2020, 11:35 am

eddievic wrote:I didn't request any moderation on this thread.

But still i am surprised, are you guys just pretending to be that thick, surely you are intelligent people.

Its obvious what types of posts get moderated, and its obvious that certain people are proportionally more likely to get their posts moderated.

The answer gentlemen, is very simple.

Sorry, but I need "Pauline Hanson" on that comment....please explain. Don't forget that I may be pretending to be "thick" and it depends on your interpretation of "intelligence" is. Also what type of posts get "moderated" and which people are the "obvious" ones to get proportionally more likely to get their posts moderated.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 14 Oct 2020, 11:45 am

Well, I’m at least as thick as bugman cause I have no FI what your taking about Eddie...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by eddievic » 14 Oct 2020, 1:05 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Well, I’m at least as thick as bugman cause I have no FI what your taking about Eddie...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :violin: :violin: :violin:

Read it again, think about it,
if you can't understand it then read it again, think about it longer.
If you still don't get it

anything i say will not help you :sarcasm:
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Ziege » 14 Oct 2020, 5:47 pm

Just sounds like more TV watching lemming retards to me, nothing more to be said really, you will never convert zombies.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Ziege » 14 Oct 2020, 5:49 pm

Blr243 wrote:Better to be living in the bush hearing gunshots than Living in the city and listening to the traffic

if the government stopped being complete stalinistic hitler fanatics and let us have Moderators/suppressors both issues would be alleviated by moving bush....
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 14 Oct 2020, 5:49 pm

eddievic wrote:I didn't request any moderation on this thread.

But still i am surprised, are you guys just pretending to be that thick, surely you are intelligent people. .

Cut straight out of one of my favorite movies,,,,,, I think the precise terminology should be " obtuse " ???

But,, I'm with the majority here,,,,,,,,,,, I have no (NFI) what you are specifically on about.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 14 Oct 2020, 5:53 pm

@marksman dont get me started on these treechange idiots, never a more beligerent bunch of sycophantic parasites ever existed, oh wait the greens exist, 2nd most parasitic then... scratch that the usa democrats and hillary clinton and so on exist... ok well theyre up there anyway
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 14 Oct 2020, 6:10 pm

Ziege wrote:@marksman dont get me started on these treechange idiots, never a more beligerent bunch of sycophantic parasites ever existed, oh wait the greens exist, 2nd most parasitic then... scratch that the usa democrats and hillary clinton and so on exist... ok well theyre up there anyway

:lol:
Member-Deleted

Post by mchughcb » 15 Oct 2020, 1:06 am

Shootermick wrote:

True. I’d rather hear gunshots in the bush than gunshots in the city.

I hear crackers all the time. They are the warnings on the railway. So when didak and hudson were driving up the street shooting the shops nobody thought any different. A cou0le of years ago the Africans shot a couple of rounds on the end of street over some drug deal then tuppence was wasted by a moran associate.

I would say more shots on average though in bush than city.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation