Some songful lasses

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Some songful lasses

Post by Ziege » 30 Oct 2020, 1:33 am

Not normally my kinda thing, but Im glad some of this americana still exists in the USA cos gives me hope that the heartland of the USA is still home to patriotic god fearing people, and with that americans rights and guns stay protected.

anyways enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joUwy8lpvP0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_STUSPozyU
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Re: Some songful lasses

Post by TassieTiger » 30 Oct 2020, 5:58 am

Nice pipes !!

Recently read one of Fleetwood books...amazing the song landslide was written with almost zero knowledge of playing the guitar and at a turning point between nicks and Buckingham. Is that why we don’t have songs that endure anymore?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Member-Deleted » 30 Oct 2020, 1:37 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Nice pipes !!

Recently read one of Fleetwood books...amazing the song landslide was written with almost zero knowledge of playing the guitar and at a turning point between nicks and Buckingham. Is that why we don’t have songs that endure anymore?

I'd suggest we just have too many artists, genres and sub-cultures, there's just nothing we can all rally around. :violin:
Member-Deleted

Post by TassieTiger » 30 Oct 2020, 3:29 pm

Has there been a main stream rock band in last ? 10-15 years ? Saaaaddddd....
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bigrich » 30 Oct 2020, 6:59 pm

very nice, i'd love to see the petersons live . great to hear the acoustic instruments as well as the vocal harmonies . i'm gunna have to look into these guys , my tastes are drifting more to country as i get older

when i was younger i used to treck from brissy down to byron for the yearly bluesfest . back in the late 80's and early 90's it was based around "grass roots" music like the petersens as well as lot's of american blues/texas roadhouse performers that most people out here haven't heard of . saw casey chambers and john butler before they got well known .

on the topic of live music ,for anyone in the brisbane area that likes/remembers stevie ray vaughn , there's a band that's been around off and on in brisbane since '95," the hipshooters" playing live at the royal mail hotel goodna on the 14th of november . they do stevie ray better than he did . they were the regular at "the story bridge hotel" back when brissy had lots of great live blues bands . so if ya dig it check it out .if ya see me there i might even shout a beer :D

"that gentleman says ,live music is better bumper stickers should be issued ........" if you know that line, your showing your age :lol:

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by marksman » 30 Oct 2020, 9:12 pm

well that certainly changed the mood :thumbsup:

in a very good way, thanks for posting ;) :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stoney » 30 Oct 2020, 9:31 pm

I have been listening to them for ages. This one is my favourite Zeige.

https://youtu.be/Y3hXYININJw
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stoney » 30 Oct 2020, 9:58 pm

Check these girls out too. You might like them or not. The Be Good Tanyas. https://youtu.be/-0SmXVrLlZ4
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 31 Oct 2020, 6:51 am

Stoney wrote:Check these girls out too. You might like them or not. The Be Good Tanyas. https://youtu.be/-0SmXVrLlZ4

i think they've played byron bluesfest years ago mate . little bit too mellow for me but

i think you and zeige are going soft with all this mellow folk music :P i'm gunna go listen to "the sex pistols" and acca-dacca's "highway to hell" now and and get some testoserone going :sarcasm: :lol: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 01 Nov 2020, 9:52 pm

haha dont get me wrong BR, I was smashing some Sepultura when I posted the link haha
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by bigrich » 02 Nov 2020, 9:17 am

Ziege wrote:haha dont get me wrong BR, I was smashing some Sepultura when I posted the link haha

I don’t even know what that is zeige. Sepultura? , sounds like a disease mate :P
I’m gunna go listen to some Beatles and CCR now mate :D
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 02 Nov 2020, 10:59 am

Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Return to Off topic - General conversation