Do you believe our government ? Covid app

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Do you believe our government ? Covid app

Post by TassieTiger » 04 Nov 2020, 12:39 pm

When this hit - several of us on here we’re absolutely ridiculed for denouncing the viability of the app.

Well...
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-04/ ... e/12846556
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Re: Do you believe our government ? Covid app

Post by eddievic » 04 Nov 2020, 2:40 pm

I cant understand why we can't have a single ID, now apparently people need to get a QR code.

TT, agreed, i never installed it after taking to a couple IT worker clients of mine.
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 04 Nov 2020, 3:29 pm

I wonder who is now retired and sitting on a beach counting their money as a result of the app - I imagine it must have cost millions...

Fair play - I understand what they were trying to do and it was panic stations but you’d imagine that hopefully there would have been at least some ppl In those federal meetings - “wait a minute here...this won’t work because of x y z....”
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by eddievic » 04 Nov 2020, 3:46 pm

It's public service... someone pitched the idea to them and it's like finding a problem for the solution you trying to sell

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Ziege » 04 Nov 2020, 3:48 pm

I will never use anything like that app or a qr code, cut me off from all potential government services or supports I dont care. never using it.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by SomeoneElse » 04 Nov 2020, 5:20 pm

TassieTiger wrote:I wonder who is now retired and sitting on a beach counting their money as a result of the app - I imagine it must have cost millions...

According to one TV news segment I think the figures were approx $5M to make the app and $6M in advertising it.

Someone Else.
SomeoneElse
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by Stoney » 04 Nov 2020, 5:40 pm

Ziege wrote:I will never use anything like that app or a qr code, cut me off from all potential government services or supports I dont care. never using it.

You will find Supermarkets will be using it soon. QR code or starve. Oh and by the way, the screens, distance dots and cards only rules. They are here to stay as well.
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 04 Nov 2020, 5:42 pm

Side note - I couldn’t pay At supermarket with cash today...they blamed covid.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Ziege » 04 Nov 2020, 6:16 pm

Stoney wrote:
Ziege wrote:I will never use anything like that app or a qr code, cut me off from all potential government services or supports I dont care. never using it.

You will find Supermarkets will be using it soon. QR code or starve. Oh and by the way, the screens, distance dots and cards only rules. They are here to stay as well.

well I currently don't goto the supermarkets, so meh, maybe its time everyone else supported small business and stayed away from the corporate leeches and ticks.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Ziege » 04 Nov 2020, 6:18 pm

anyone lemming and retarded and pathetic enough to comply with this s**t is a traitor to their fellow man. capitulating to Communist China style surveillance is the end of society.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by marksman » 04 Nov 2020, 6:39 pm

l know a few tradies that got the App so they could convince customers that they were safe to do work at their homes,
they said the App proved they did not have contact with anyone who had the kung flu
the amount of money wasted by our governments to make themselves look like they are doing something is nearly as ridiculous as the fear in the sucked in public
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Ziege » 04 Nov 2020, 6:46 pm

its time to stop caring about this virus and all the fearmongering.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Stoney » 04 Nov 2020, 6:49 pm

Ziege wrote:anyone lemming and retarded and pathetic enough to comply with this s**t is a traitor to their fellow man. capitulating to Communist China style surveillance is the end of society.

Agreed, but yet the populace are chomping at the bit for their " safety " and their vax shot. The Marxist have been around since the at least the 70's slowly, slowly boiling the frog. I will let everyone in on a little secret. Private ownership of land in Australia will eventually be abolished.
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 04 Nov 2020, 6:51 pm

yeah wakey wakey, and when private ownership is gone, then forget about owning anything else of equitable value.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by trekin » 04 Nov 2020, 6:59 pm

Wake up people, there is no novel virus. It's all a cover up because the flu shots have stopped working all over the world. has been getting less and less effective over the last couple of years, particualy last years flu season. Big pharma cooked all of this up to give themselve breathing room to get their s**t together. Can you imagine the dent to their profits if word got out that their flu shot were not working anymore.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by eddievic » 04 Nov 2020, 7:07 pm

trekin wrote:Wake up people, there is no novel virus. It's all a cover up because the flu shots have stopped working all over the world. has been getting less and less effective over the last couple of years, particualy last years flu season. Big pharma cooked all of this up to give themselve breathing room to get their s**t together. Can you imagine the dent to their profits if word got out that their flu shot were not working anymore.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TassieTiger wrote:Side note - I couldn’t pay At supermarket with cash today...they blamed covid.

I been paying cash at supermarkets, restaurants. If they don't want my money i will find another spot to spend it.

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Stoney » 04 Nov 2020, 7:07 pm

Published in 1992. Lets have a look how on point it was. https://christianobserver.net/documents ... y_Step.pdf
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stoney » 04 Nov 2020, 7:12 pm

eddievic wrote:
trekin wrote:Wake up people, there is no novel virus. It's all a cover up because the flu shots have stopped working all over the world. has been getting less and less effective over the last couple of years, particualy last years flu season. Big pharma cooked all of this up to give themselve breathing room to get their s**t together. Can you imagine the dent to their profits if word got out that their flu shot were not working anymore.

TassieTiger wrote:Side note - I couldn’t pay At supermarket with cash today...they blamed covid.

I been paying cash at supermarkets, restaurants. If they don't want my money i will find another spot to spend it.

What happens if it is mandated that ALL businesses must go cashless edd?
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by trekin » 04 Nov 2020, 7:46 pm

eddievic wrote:

Some more facts and figures from Qld health;
Qhealth pretty much stopped recording notifiable influenza cases when they rolled out the Chinese made PCR tests, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_1Z8cSXI-Q so any intel after mid March is not very reliable;
2019 flu stats for QLD: the 'flu season' started about a month earlier than usual in May, with the flu being brought in from Hong Kong, which had just had it's worse flu season for some time. The season is declared when daily lab confirmed cases rise above a preset level, and finishes when they drop below that level, which again was about a month later than usual being near the end of September.
Lab confirmed cases have been notifiable since 2001, and the figures for influenza also includes any other virus that causes flu like symptoms with respiratory distress, known and/or unknown.
As at Semptember 2019, there had been already close to 65,000 lab-confirmed flu cases recorded, with at least 191 deaths being recorded associated with the flu.
By the end of the calender year, there had been approx another 3,184 lab confirmed cases, that is a rate of between 26 and 35 reported cases per day, with a further 73 deaths.
Approx 50% of QLD's population got the jab last years, way higher numbers than previous years, prompting Qheath to secure 400,000 additional doses from the Federal Gov't.
cov1.JPG
QLD's 2020 flu seasons starts in Jan with 110 reported cases in the first week.
cov1.JPG (46.93 KiB) Viewed 3711 times

cov.JPG
QLD's covid numbers. Pay attention to dates when reported flu cases nosedive and covid cases start to rise.
cov.JPG (68.18 KiB) Viewed 3711 times

Did all the lockdowns, social disanting QR codes or any of the crap do anything. Well if you believe it did, I have a rock that stops tigers attacking, and I'll gladly give it to you, if it will make you feel safe from tiger attacks.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 04 Nov 2020, 7:48 pm

Very eye opening Trek...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by trekin » 04 Nov 2020, 7:54 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Very eye opening Trek...

Yeah mate, and the WHO says that the ratio of unreported cases to reported cases of flu were in the region of about 30 to 1.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 05 Nov 2020, 1:02 am

Was interesting to read that even as the US is being hit by covid as reported - the disease rated only 5th in topics being weighted for voting.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Ziege » 05 Nov 2020, 10:01 am

ask most yanks, they will tell you that they dont see any of the hype that is on tv, Ive got a buddy works at the major hospital at little rock arkansas and they arent "swamped" with covid cases.

its the biggest load of s**t, I know there are a couple of zealots on here that no doubt will make themselves known soon enough, but problem for them is the hype they buy into, doesnt exist.

empty hospitals in england and scotland and wales... empty hospitals in america, empty hospitals in hungary and austria... but if you watch the "NEWS" you will be retarded enough to believe the opposite. f*** the news, f*** people that watch tv, f*** people that vote for the libs and lab perpetuating this bs.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Grandadbushy » 05 Nov 2020, 6:17 pm

Hang in there Ziege mate Bullsh!t and false media has been around for decades , i wouldn't get too flustered because of it , most straight thinkers know what's going on but can't do anything about it
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 05 Nov 2020, 7:02 pm

true that
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by rc42 » 06 Nov 2020, 10:33 am

There is a famous quote from Mark Twain some hundred or so years ago:

“If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”

This has always been the nature of media organizations, the spreading of lies, half truths and propaganda for the sake of some hidden agenda.
It's a pity that critical thinking and trying to understand what media are reporting (or not reporting) and why is not taught in schools, it would probably be the most useful thing people can learn. Although I can see why those that control the media (and governments) would not be in favor of it.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 06 Nov 2020, 12:16 pm

you like my signature rc42 :lol:

in this day and age you cant believe anything and have to fact check, its unbelievable how many people just believe what they are fed :wtf:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Grandadbushy » 06 Nov 2020, 4:32 pm

The media should be treated like going to a canibals house for lunch, treat everything you're fed with caution
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation