Freight companies

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Freight companies

Post by Noisydad » 25 Nov 2020, 3:06 pm

On the 19th of Nov., I ordered half a cow of veg tanned leather which was to delivered by a big freight company (that sounds like an explosive).
A week later their notification system told me it had been delivered on the 2 October- 6 weeks before I bought it! Efficient eh?
So it was dropped off today 8 weeks after it was delivered which was 6 weeks before I bought it!
I’m sure it makes perfect sense to that company!
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Re: Freight companies

Post by cz515 » 25 Nov 2020, 3:10 pm

Is the big company recently found to be giving its top managers expensive watches..... like they used to in 1800s and early 1900s?
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by marksman » 25 Nov 2020, 3:24 pm

we have already in the last month rang and told aussie post that there tracking system is crap as we have had the delivery of a few things but get a notification that there will be a delay in the deliveries, this has been more frequent since the kung flu, they are very grateful for the information but these things were supposed to be signed for and were not, l'm a bit hesitant on sending things without insurance now
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 25 Nov 2020, 4:45 pm

marksman wrote:we have already in the last month rang and told aussie post that there tracking system is crap as we have had the delivery of a few things but get a notification that there will be a delay in the deliveries, this has been more frequent since the kung flu, they are very grateful for the information but these things were supposed to be signed for and were not, l'm a bit hesitant on sending things without insurance now

I haven't signed for a parcel in months, they're not letting you unnecessarily touch things currently.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Robin » 25 Nov 2020, 5:21 pm

Sounds like your talking about TNT , I deal with them alot with work and to be honest, they are the worse courier company I have ever had to deal with, always late, I could go on and on and on but no point, TNT belongs in the mines , not the delivery business .
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 25 Nov 2020, 5:36 pm

Fastway takes the cake as the sh!ttest large parcel freight company in Australia. makes sense its master franchise is a sheep shagging event.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Barrettmr » 26 Nov 2020, 9:22 am

I have worked for a contractor that delivers for toll and tnt, they are both hopeless
Cz 452 22 Redfield 2-7 x 32
Howa 1500 blue varmint 223 thumbhole vx1 3-9x40
Howa 1500 blue sporter 22/250 vx1 3-9x40
Howa 1500 blue ultralite 308 vx1 3-9x40
Howa Mini Action 7.62 x 39 Hawke 2-7
Barrettmr
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 26 Nov 2020, 12:25 pm

TNT we just bought out by fedex, id say Japan post will probably end up selling Toll. And startrack is owned by Auspost, i don't even need to say anything.

Barrett is basically right, for all the couriers are useless
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 26 Nov 2020, 5:35 pm

Toll recently got hacked computer systems with random of 1 million dollars to free up their systems - it was absolute chaos for 3-4 weeks whilst they tried to work out what to do...no over time could be paid, contractors and dubs were not paid - let alone delivery of items being a farce...we had a container marked explosives turn up in a public car park - it was chaos.

No one knows if they paid ransom or smart ppl got systems back on line but the rumour is - they paid...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Die Judicii » 26 Nov 2020, 5:47 pm

Noisydad wrote:On the 19th of Nov., I ordered half a cow of veg tanned leather which was to delivered by a big freight company (that sounds like an explosive).
A week later their notification system told me it had been delivered on the 2 October- 6 weeks before I bought it! Efficient eh?
So it was dropped off today 8 weeks after it was delivered which was 6 weeks before I bought it!
I’m sure it makes perfect sense to that company!

Yep,,, that makes perfect sense,,,,,, I don't know what your complaining about.

It's exactly the same,,,,, only different. :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 26 Nov 2020, 6:25 pm

100_4808.JPG
100_4808.JPG (525.51 KiB) Viewed 1561 times
If ya reckon some freight companies are hopeless,, check out the wording on these stickers from the South Australian Police.
(take note,, "imitation firearm" and "Bold Action")

These stickers were attached to my firearms when I got them back after being illegally confiscated (which was yet another cock up)
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 26 Nov 2020, 6:42 pm

yeah not even remotely surprised. retarded.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Return to Off topic - General conversation