Alone

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Alone

Post by Blr243 » 17 Dec 2020, 6:42 pm

It’s a program on sbs Vice land every night at 610 pm. ( Queensland Brisbane) An interesting solo wilderness Survival competition with 500 ooo bucks prize money ....I only just heard about it .. tonight will be my last episode for a bit because I’m going hunting tonight for 5 nights ....check it out
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Alone

Post by Apollo » 17 Dec 2020, 6:58 pm

Where have you been..?? Series 7 finished months ago...

Besides "Off Off Topic" I'm sure you can find a Forum that will lead you to all the latest info.... :-)

Remember, this is a Shooting Community Forum. Sorry....

BTW... You want to catch up with the series that one person needs to survive 100 days for a million....

What has this Topic got to do with Shooting &/or Firearms....??
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 17 Dec 2020, 7:47 pm

I Been in jail for a while. had a problem with my telle antenna for months. And I was not concerned because most tv is rubbish anyway ....so I sorted my antenna just so I could watch this alone show that was recommended because a bloke at the dog park was raving about it. ...
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by snag » 17 Dec 2020, 8:10 pm

Was the guy at the dog park a pit bull man or a sh*tzu owner?
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 17 Dec 2020, 8:33 pm

Blr243 wrote:I Been in jail for a while. had a problem with my telle antenna for months. And I was not concerned because most tv is rubbish anyway ....so I sorted my antenna just so I could watch this alone show that was recommended because a bloke at the dog park was raving about it. ...

I haven't owned a TV for almost twenty years, only time I see TV is in a doctor's waiting room a couple times a year, and that's more than anybody should have to sit through.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 17 Dec 2020, 9:02 pm

I read your title "alone and thought I was going to read a thread about a breakup :shock: ... this is much better :lol:

It'll definitely be interesting to watch :thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Dec 2020, 9:03 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Blr243 wrote:I Been in jail for a while. had a problem with my telle antenna for months. And I was not concerned because most tv is rubbish anyway ....so I sorted my antenna just so I could watch this alone show that was recommended because a bloke at the dog park was raving about it. ...

I haven't owned a TV for almost twenty years, only time I see TV is in a doctor's waiting room a couple times a year, and that's more than anybody should have to sit through.

Come on. You need to lighten up a bit mate. I had a great laugh tonight watching "The Big Bang Theory."
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 17 Dec 2020, 9:09 pm

bladeracer wrote:

Your not missing out on much, they're still playing re-runs of mash :lol:
But there's still 2 very good reasons to watch it :thumbsup:
images (2).jpeg
images (2).jpeg (55.8 KiB) Viewed 2015 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 17 Dec 2020, 11:08 pm

TBH,,,,,, When I read "ALONE", I was expecting to hear that you were gonna spend Xmas alone.

Even so,, been there and done that,, and it aint too bad really. :thumbsup: :drinks:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 18 Dec 2020, 5:20 am

I like my TV and for those who don't.....fair enough
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 18 Dec 2020, 6:03 am

Once when I was caretaking a property At Cunnamulla the owners pre arranged me to have lunch with their neighbours because they were concerned about me being alone on Xmas day. But early Xmas morning I loaded my dog onto my quad and started putting thru my favourite pig paddock. Then a small chase, I unlocked the dog box and Deisel caught a pig before the sun was properly up.... X mas Day does not get any better than that
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 18 Dec 2020, 5:04 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Come on. You need to lighten up a bit mate. I had a great laugh tonight watching "The Big Bang Theory."

I have seen the show but it does nothing for me. I do watch lots of stuff but on my own terms, without advertising. I have lots of series from the sixties for example, and lots of old black and white movies. And more modern stuff like Last of the Summer Wine, Blackadder, Thin Blue Line, etc. I enjoy watching actors do their work much more than the premise of the story.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 18 Dec 2020, 5:52 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

I have seen the show but it does nothing for me. I do watch lots of stuff but on my own terms, without advertising. I have lots of series from the sixties for example, and lots of old black and white movies. And more modern stuff like Last of the Summer Wine, Blackadder, Thin Blue Line, etc. I enjoy watching actors do their work much more than the premise of the story.

:D blackadder , "i have a cunning plan my lord ........" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i've been watching "deadwood" series on a mates dvd collection , and have been watching "yellowstone" at a mates on his new fangled "streaming" tv
both great shows , give them a watch :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation