Martin Bryant

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Martin Bryant

Post by Ziege » 21 Mar 2021, 7:48 pm

womble wrote:
Ziege wrote:yep there is the not so right wing allegedly conservative party (they simply aren't) at play yet again.

Seriously.
How does it get any more conservative than putting your opposition ahead of one nation to protect gun control.
Self sacrifice to uphold convention.

in what sense are you saying conservative? because in the USA/Canada sense it is completely un-conservative to aim toward gun bans and restrictions, hence why the libs have NOT been a conservative party, they simply aren't. centrist at best but they are never egalitarian so thats a load too.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by boingk » 21 Mar 2021, 8:29 pm

womble wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LrxjYfl05ek&t=44s

Meanwhile in our schools “what gender am i ??

Yep, disgusting isn't it.

I honestly hope that something drasti and wide-ranging happens to fix the many issues of overpopulation we have. We may be at peak (according to many studies on the effect of a post-WW2 world) but that isn't nearly enough. We need about 10% of our curent population based on our (AU/US) living standard.

As before in multiple posts by myself, if I get caught short it won't be without a substantial and horrific fight.

- boing
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by womble » 22 Mar 2021, 3:02 am

Ziege wrote:
womble wrote:
Ziege wrote:yep there is the not so right wing allegedly conservative party (they simply aren't) at play yet again.

Seriously.
How does it get any more conservative than putting your opposition ahead of one nation to protect gun control.

in what sense are you saying conservative? because in the USA/Canada sense it is completely un-conservative to aim toward gun bans and restrictions, hence why the libs have NOT been a conservative party, they simply aren't. centrist at best but they are never egalitarian so thats a load too.

In exactly the same sense.
Conservatives. Ie traditionalists, conventionalists, unprogressive. Often fundamentalist. Right wing. Always adverse to change.
Always uphold the social hierarchies and structures. Strict adherence to social protocols, law and order.

Where you get confused is in the US that means protect/ uphold gun rights.
Whilst in Australia that means protect/ uphold gun control.
The ideology is the same. The cultural background and histories are different.
In the US though i think it’s fair to describe them as reactionary nowadays. Whereas here they are more accepting of liberal opinions (reluctantly in Scomo)

The liberal party is not always dominated by conservatives. It is now with Scomo and Dutton. They are hardliners.
Turnbull was very liberal for example.
Howard was very conservative ( to our demise )
Just depends on the leadership and the dominant faction within the party.

In a sense we a lucky here because we have liberal gun control. Or at least that’s what birthed it.
Conservative gun control would be more akin to the UK.

From an Australian perspective though it’s really the Nationals we should be disappointed in. Historically It’s always been their f***ing duty to ensure farmers and settlers don’t get screwed over. Their failures are epic. They are really dumb.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Ziege » 22 Mar 2021, 11:16 am

womble wrote:
Ziege wrote:
womble wrote:

Seriously.

In exactly the same sense.
Conservatives. Ie traditionalists, conventionalists, unprogressive. Often fundamentalist. Right wing. Always adverse to change.
Always uphold the social hierarchies and structures. Strict adherence to social protocols, law and order.

Where you get confused is in the US that means protect/ uphold gun rights.
Whilst in Australia that means protect/ uphold gun control.
The ideology is the same. The cultural background and histories are different.
In the US though i think it’s fair to describe them as reactionary nowadays. Whereas here they are more accepting of liberal opinions (reluctantly in Scomo)

The liberal party is not always dominated by conservatives. It is now with Scomo and Dutton. They are hardliners.
Turnbull was very liberal for example.
Howard was very conservative ( to our demise )
Just depends on the leadership and the dominant faction within the party.

In a sense we a lucky here because we have liberal gun control. Or at least that’s what birthed it.
Conservative gun control would be more akin to the UK.

From an Australian perspective though it’s really the Nationals we should be disappointed in. Historically It’s always been their f***ing duty to ensure farmers and settlers don’t get screwed over. Their failures are epic. They are really dumb.

but the liberal party has not been adverse to change, they change things as often as labor do, they just dont crap on about it as much as just like labor they make unpopular changes that the masses of mongs dont take enough notice of. the 1996 gun laws are one such example of exactly this, they have happily made a knee jerk reaction and completely remove/change a part of society.

nationals came good for a stint in WA, brendan grylls managed to secure a lot of funding and support and change in favour of farmers, rural communities and regions that actually bring in the money for the rest of the mooching society. the nationals since have not been as proactive and the labor party has been more than instrumental in again completely f***ing over farming and primary producing regions and communities. f*** labor and liberal. theyre both as useless as one another.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Mar 2021, 11:44 am

Slightly off topic.GIF
Slightly off topic.GIF (10.97 KiB) Viewed 3873 times

Lol
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 22 Mar 2021, 3:55 pm

With all this toing and froing I forgotten the subject, no wait it was Martin Bryant, and I still couldn't give a flying f%&k about him. No disrespect intended to those previous comments, it's just that I am totally over this subject.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 23 Mar 2021, 6:07 am

I hear lots of things about him eating a ton of chocolate which I thought would be scarce in jail. Perhaps they are trying to kill him with diabetes or heart disease. He’s been here way too long
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 23 Mar 2021, 6:53 am

There was a time when children listened to their elders, they took on the family business.... and i date say didn't say anything when going to Sunday school appointment with the priest. Now they don't listen to parents, they prefer working at MacDonald's at 7 bucks then on the family farm.

So i think it's good that we have safe storage laws.

Considering his IQ of 66, if the trial was opened i can imagine any number of barristers lining up to get him acquitted on behalf of mental insanity...or atleast a nice comfy stay at mental ward in hospital.

Who wants that? To me it's simple they wanted him to rot in jail for the rest of his life without any other option. Also maybe the consideration that the witnesses didn't want to go through the events again due to mental stresses.

And now we have some people saying they think he did it but it was a conspiracy. You all need to have a think and decide did he or didn't he. If he did then do you want him back out in the community?
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by boingk » 23 Mar 2021, 10:14 pm

From the inside, I'll tell you he did it.

Think what you want, consipire what you want, but ultimately he did it.

Firearms laws and controls werent what they are now and the weapon he aquired did indeed come from Police. Whoopteedo. Wrongdoing, yes. Criminal negligence, yes. Did they pull the trigger on all those people? No. That was MB.

Fahrk him. Let him rot.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by Ziege » 23 Mar 2021, 10:26 pm

well I would want to know exactly how "from the inside" that is, and how exactly an iq 66 dunce did that much damage and why all the other inconsistencies and why the morgue van bought specially for it and so on. anyone can say "well I happen to know cos I saw the whole thing" or something like that, but without some verification of how it is you can corroborate that its kinda just more words without weight.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by womble » 24 Mar 2021, 4:08 am

I’m just amazed anyone could have any doubt he did it. People will turn anything into a conspiracy theory i know right. I get that. Hackers love nothing more nowadays than hacking human minds and watching the events they manipulated play out in real life.

But this was relatively recent. The sheer amount of people who saw him do it. And from several different locations because remember he was mobile. It was very easy to establish the timeline just because of when people saw him and where.

Yes the evidence is locked away. Thankfully, because weirdos get off on it. They want to best it. Other prisoners routinely tease Julian knight because he was bested by a retard. It triggers Julian . With all his military training.

Some has been leaked online. 2011 and 2017. Theres video footage of him running around cafeteria, gift shop, car park. American tourist filmed him from a safe distance. His old yellow Volvo with the surfboard on the roof kinda unique and people could verify which way it went and when. There’s no window tint, he has shoulder length blond hair. Like everybody saw him duh.
The bloke is dumb as dog s**t.

And yes he enjoyed the detectives interviews to establish they had the right guy. He thinks it’s so hilarious they have to entice a confession. So he only tells them what he did when he thinks they’re not recording.

Tasmanian law. Confession and guilty plea, no trial necessary. A trial which would have lasted weeks because of the sheer volume of witnesses. Weeks on end of that f*cktard laughing at the families.

As mentioned earlier, once it’s leaked online it’s there forever. Go looking for it if you so choose. A word of caution, it’s illegal to view it or share it.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 24 Mar 2021, 5:23 am

Also going back to the IQ numbers, him being 66 doesn't mean he cannot think, do anything or is in a vegitative state. 66 is still classed as mild mental disability.

Say if he had a mental capacity of a 6 year old, just means like a 6 year old MAYBE he cannot comprehend the consequences of his actions or need assistance to live in some way..... but given a weapon and enough anger/reason a 6 year old can and will use it without thinking.

And again ill go back to my first comment, do you want a normal trial where a good Lawyer was able to get MB off on grounds of mental insanity or in a cushy mental institute?
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 24 Mar 2021, 8:02 am

I think what people (sceptics) want is an inquest.

Personally, I'd like to see him tarred and feathered at least once a year.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by straightshooter » 24 Mar 2021, 8:17 am

I am always fascinated by those who speak with absolute certainty on any incident where they can't possibly be in possession of all the facts that pertain to that incident.
Those of you old enough, think back to when the dingo took that lady's baby.
I am doubly fascinated by those who will never ever admit, even to themselves, they may have been wrong.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 24 Mar 2021, 8:36 am

straightshooter wrote:I am always fascinated by those who speak with absolute certainty on any incident where they can't possibly be in possession of all the facts that pertain to that incident.
Those of you old enough, think back to when the dingo took that lady's baby.
I am doubly fascinated by those who will never ever admit, even to themselves, they may have been wrong.

Classic trial by media.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Ziege » 24 Mar 2021, 11:40 am

womble wrote:I’m just amazed anyone could have any doubt he did it. People will turn anything into a conspiracy theory i know right. I get that. Hackers love nothing more nowadays than hacking human minds and watching the events they manipulated play out in real life.

But this was relatively recent. The sheer amount of people who saw him do it. And from several different locations because remember he was mobile. It was very easy to establish the timeline just because of when people saw him and where.

Yes the evidence is locked away. Thankfully, because weirdos get off on it. They want to best it. Other prisoners routinely tease Julian knight because he was bested by a retard. It triggers Julian . With all his military training.

Some has been leaked online. 2011 and 2017. Theres video footage of him running around cafeteria, gift shop, car park. American tourist filmed him from a safe distance. His old yellow Volvo with the surfboard on the roof kinda unique and people could verify which way it went and when. There’s no window tint, he has shoulder length blond hair. Like everybody saw him duh.

And yes he enjoyed the detectives interviews to establish they had the right guy. He thinks it’s so hilarious they have to entice a confession. So he only tells them what he did when he thinks they’re not recording.

Tasmanian law. Confession and guilty plea, no trial necessary. A trial which would have lasted weeks because of the sheer volume of witnesses. Weeks on end of that f*cktard laughing at the families.

As mentioned earlier, once it’s leaked online it’s there forever. Go looking for it if you so choose. A word of caution, it’s illegal to view it or share it.

I just dont believe he was alone. and there are so many inconsistencies, and so many coincidental occurrences. As for making it illegal to view or scrutinize the evidence/footage, that is a gross misconduct on part of the government, same with the tarrant video being banned by NZ. People should be allowed to analyse and study the event, the evidence of such things should always be up for scrutiny and should always be available, as for people getting off on it, there is the dark web, there is literally snuff on there where rich sickos kill innocent poor and homeless and destitute people in 3rd world countries, human trafficking is a huge deal, all covering it up and threatening joe citizen with arbitration and legislation (should they view it) does is create distrust, prove the government has an agenda of hiding things from the very people they are supposed to SERVE not lord over.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Ziege » 24 Mar 2021, 11:53 am

cz515 wrote:Also going back to the IQ numbers, him being 66 doesn't mean he cannot think, do anything or is in a vegitative state. 66 is still classed as mild mental disability.

Say if he had a mental capacity of a 6 year old, just means like a 6 year old MAYBE he cannot comprehend the consequences of his actions or need assistance to live in some way..... but given a weapon and enough anger/reason a 6 year old can and will use it without thinking.

And again ill go back to my first comment, do you want a normal trial where a good Lawyer was able to get MB off on grounds of mental insanity or in a cushy mental institute?

well iq under 70 is legally retarded. so no I don't buy that someone can go around one tapping people when they are that mentally incompetent. you might think that cos kids can play video games at 6 that they can play swat team of one in real life, but I dont buy it.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by cz515 » 24 Mar 2021, 2:42 pm

Did you know a person with down syndrome has an iq between 40 and 70... many lead quite "normal" lives. As in hold a job, get married, families etc

Its not about being legally fit for purpose, its more if the guy actually was able to perform the action.

But it is correct there have been many cases or miss carriage of justice, and with an IQ like that he could have been misguided. But he has not shown any remorse or protested his innocence, which is a big tell in its own way.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Tilb004 » 24 Mar 2021, 3:27 pm

Farmerpete wrote:
wanneroo wrote:I'm all for the death penalty. I don't agree with this stuff of people sitting around for many decades long after they did the crime.

But did he do the crime?
I'm not one for conspiracy theories but when the case is looked at long and hard there's more than a few things that call into doubt him being the gunman.

Things like the fact he couldn't read yet managed to spell kitchen with a t on the floor plan he drew
The fact his state appointed defence quit and was replaced with a former police prosecutor.
The infamous "meat wagon"
The alleged sleep deprivation.
His demands of shooting left-handed when witnesses reported a right handed shooter.
The alleged 000 calls reporting gunfire before the shooting is reported to have started
The report ray Warren gave of him drinking a bottle of sambucca before DRIVING to Port arthur followed by his accuracy.
The fact there were 2 chairs and 2 glasses found in his house near the finished bottle.
The former Victorian police officer who accused 2 trg officers of the crime.
The fact the gun used was initially handed in to SA Police
The fact the government denied an inquest, what are they hiding?
These questions are enough for me to start looking at the guilty plea with a rather jaundiced eye. I'm not saying he didn't do it just saying it should be looked into further

I agree farmerpete
How can a person of the intellect of a 7 year old plan such event .
I remember military personnel saying that it was someone with special forces ability.
I’m not saying he wasn’t involved but something fishy going on .
Tilb004
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by womble » 24 Mar 2021, 3:46 pm

Ziege wrote:
womble wrote:I’m just amazed anyone could have any doubt he did it. People will turn anything into a conspiracy theory i know right. I get that. Hackers love nothing more nowadays than hacking human minds and watching the events they manipulated play out in real life.

I just dont believe he was alone. and there are so many inconsistencies, and so many coincidental occurrences. As for making it illegal to view or scrutinize the evidence/footage, that is a gross misconduct on part of the government, same with the tarrant video being banned by NZ. People should be allowed to analyse and study the event, the evidence of such things should always be up for scrutiny and should always be available, as for people getting off on it, there is the dark web, there is literally snuff on there where rich sickos kill innocent poor and homeless and destitute people in 3rd world countries, human trafficking is a huge deal, all covering it up and threatening joe citizen with arbitration and legislation (should they view it) does is create distrust, prove the government has an agenda of hiding things from the very people they are supposed to SERVE not lord over.

I don’t much care for censorship either but a lot of research has been done that any media coverage is sensationalising or at least interpreted in a deranged way by other potential mass murder lunatics.
We do know from Bryant’s own accounts he had been suicidal for a year previously, but then the Dunblane mass shooting inspired him.
Bryant himself would have been studied inside out by agencies worldwide. For profiling or determining future lunatics by any means really. I think he’s a genetic anomaly. Tasmanian family tree is just really one big forest.

I remember listening to the audio from the cafeteria/ gift shop maybe 15 years ago. The shots are rapid succession and all deadly accurate on every individual he targeted. The scope and the weapon are really well sorted for that. Very simple aiming and estimating distances for shot placement. Efficient and simplistic, a child could learn to utilise it quickly. But still, he never missed a shot. It’s really freakish by anyone’s standards.
All cleanly placed kill shots in the midst of what must behave been pandemonium. And we know this from the police footage taken before any bodies were moved or interfered with.
It’s really freakish because of the high level of discipline.
By comparison Tarrant just mag dumped into clusters of people left and right, he had more training and practical drilling and was calm and composed, but nothing like the level apparent in Bryant. Deeply disturbing.
So yes i agree. I would not rule out a second shooter. And an expert one at that. I would’nt rule out anything really. Even something supernatural. It’s a strange place with a disturbing history.

We deserve an inquest because we deserve to know the answers, relating to how he acquired that particular weapon.
He’s guilty as s**t i believe, but there also some level of aiding and abetting, enabling involved that’s been covered up.
Bryant did’nt have a gun licence and even by those days standards you don’t give the village idiot an assault rifle.
Probably because those involved have risen to prominent positions and are untouchable.
Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction and yes i believe we won’t learn the full truth till all involved have passed.

I’ve also read accounts that he set up video camera equipment before he started shooting. I believe Tarrant referenced it in his own ramblings. Possibly that inspired his live feed.
Where’s that footage, nobody knows.
Last edited by womble on 24 Mar 2021, 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Ziege » 24 Mar 2021, 4:14 pm

its simple he WAS involved, but he IS the patsy
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 24 Mar 2021, 4:36 pm

Pasty or potato?
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 25 Mar 2021, 9:20 am

womble wrote:Kinda correct.
Their chairman was peter costello’s brother.
They’re not politically affiliated officially. That’s intentional. Basically they’re the anti - ssaa

Right-wing is more about values held nowadays, not necessarily political strategy, though values used to be shown through political strategy. When all the major parties have jumped in bed with the woke brigade and their institutions, have heavily adopted multiculturalism, and have essentially driven the knife into the backs of the old patriots, it's simply not true to say Australian government and Australian institutions and center-right. The Australian Socialists love to say this is the case, but it simple is not. I think you'll also find that most "right-wing extremists" are simply conservatives/centrists being pushed into a corner by the far-left as they try to establish a new political order with themselves as the new centre, the further right they can push left-wing ideas, the more the central values become a fringe group thing, and the more "extreme" they become.
Member-Deleted

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation