Dancing with the STARS,, ?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Dancing with the STARS,, ?

Post by Die Judicii » 02 Apr 2021, 9:47 pm

In my simple way of interpretation a STAR is a person that has earned celebrity status by way of
excellence,,,,,,,in sport, knowledge, expertise, be it singer or playing violin etc etc

But Schapelle Corby,,,,,,,,,,,, ????? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

So what have we got to look forward to in future editions of this so called show ?

Maybe a serial killer or two and some kiddy fiddlers ????

They "Cannot be serious" can they ?
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Dancing with the STARS,, ?

Post by on_one_wheel » 02 Apr 2021, 10:19 pm

I guess she's famous, but only a wannabe drug runner would consider her a star.

Look at Mark "Chopper" Read, they glorified that idiot.

People are fascinated by lowlifes, it makes for good network ratings

Australia has an unusual history of glorifying our worst. Take Ned Kelly for example, one of Australia's first terrorists... national hero :crazy:
Last edited by on_one_wheel on 02 Apr 2021, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by boingk » 02 Apr 2021, 10:20 pm

The very fact you're talking about it is exactly what they're after - out-of-reach advertising.

I'm assuming you'd never ordinarily watch the show... yet here we are talking about it.

Job done.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by Die Judicii » 02 Apr 2021, 10:28 pm

boingk wrote:The very fact you're talking about it is exactly what they're after - out-of-reach advertising.

I'm assuming you'd never ordinarily watch the show... yet here we are talking about it.

Job done.

- boingk

Don't get me wrong,,,, I don't watch the show,,,, but they are certainly making a meal of the adverts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
And man O man,,,,,, she looks like a cross bred Madam.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Robin » 02 Apr 2021, 11:38 pm

Schapelle Corby , great, lets reward the convicted drug smuggler, lets tell all the kids out there, that if you do really bad, its ok as you will get rewarded out of it, I don't watch much free to air tv anymore as its so full of crap now.
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 03 Apr 2021, 3:22 am

Corby was on SAS Australia too, there is a clip on Youtube of her screaming when they were throwing her out of a helicopter into a lake or something.

I guess she's working the rounds of the celebrity circuit. I think these people get paid a fee for appearing on these shows.

I don't pay much attention to TV anymore, most of it is garbage and most it probably always was. About the only thing I watch these days are the gold and opal shows, some car shows like Wheeler Dealers and that is about it. I like a lot of Youtube channels, so I probably watch more of that.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Blr243 » 03 Apr 2021, 6:23 am

Can I please throw it out of a helicopter into the ocean, leave it there and then fly back to Australia. Done and dusted
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by womble » 03 Apr 2021, 9:03 am

Ned Kelly warrants further study before including him in this company.
Born Irish. Born into hell.
As a young bloke he saved a child from drowning and was praised by the greater community and awarded a green sash with appropriate fanfare.
The single one time in his life he received praise and acceptance.
He wore that sash under his armour in his final shootout with the police.

Corby. Dumb yes. Borderline retarded, quite possibly.
Dumb enough to take huge bags of weed barely concealed into a Muslim country. Yeah naah.
So I’m factoring in that her life was destroyed and very publicly, yet she has never harmed a soul.
Good luck to her.
Last edited by womble on 03 Apr 2021, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Tiger650 » 03 Apr 2021, 9:39 am

Dust off the Paxton family [remember them] for The Block ?
Probably have to give them meth and use time lapse photography to detect movement but TV is magic.
I am with Waneroo, do not watch TV to the extent that I will very rarely watch anything on Netflix or whatever.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bah! » 03 Apr 2021, 12:16 pm

I'd rather see Schapelle than Pooline dancing with the (other half) stars.
bah!
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Bugman » 03 Apr 2021, 2:02 pm

I hear it was because she likes to boogie.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 03 Apr 2021, 4:33 pm

wanneroo wrote:Corby was on SAS Australia too, there is a clip on Youtube of her screaming when they were throwing her out of a helicopter into a lake or something.

I guess she's working the rounds of the celebrity circuit. I think these people get paid a fee for appearing on these shows.

I don't pay much attention to TV anymore, most of it is garbage and most it probably always was. About the only thing I watch these days are the gold and opal shows, some car shows like Wheeler Dealers and that is about it. I like a lot of Youtube channels, so I probably watch more of that.

i try to not watch too much tv , especially crap like dancing with the stars, the block or crap like it. schappelle corby is just tragic . i'm not gunna judge her but i won't watch a show just cause she's on it

i don't have cable but specially go to a mates to watch "yellowstone" . what a cracker of a show . i also have the boxed set of "deadwood", i would've liked that to keep going :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 04 Apr 2021, 1:09 pm

Thanks mate, ill be watching.

But tbh all these reality shows are not looking for B grade or C grade celebrities, they want E grade, that would work for cheap but have enough sensational following that people will tune in to see them getting humiliated.

Now don't take my word for it, but i heard from a friend, that she and her sister were besties with a bikie gang with her sister the contact point for their Bali operation. And a rival gang who wanted to muscle into Bali supply with the support of some (Australian) parties orchestrated the whole sting operation.

Quite an interesting and eye opening yarn actually like CIA and Mexico but in Australia.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by RoginaJack » 04 Apr 2021, 3:56 pm

A star, of course she'd a star! Well, in the eyes of the media anyhow, aftercall look at the money the media make from her under the impression the the public are actually interested in what she does. Don't watch the show, not the least bit interested in what these so called stars do.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation