no politics , just beer and hunting

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

no politics , just beer and hunting

Post by bigrich » 30 Apr 2021, 9:22 pm

hey fellas, no rants about another countries second ammendmant right and politics , no paranoid conspiracy therories .

i'm going on a hunt out to texas in another week , looking forward to having a few quiet beers after a days stalking the hills and water sources for deer and pigs,
looking forward to getting away from the politically correct bullsh!t of so called civilisation and meeting people in regional australia

so , have any of you guys out there got any upcoming trips your looking forward too ?

i'll be taking my 270 sako and 222 win 70 . and my 243 win 70 , just because . can't wait :D

this forum is supposed to be about the firearms/ hunting grass roots life style in my opinion

so , has anyone got any upcoming , or past , adventures to share :clap:

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: no politics , just beer and hunting

Post by Larry » 30 Apr 2021, 9:30 pm

Your on the wrong Forum but if you ever come to Mexico I will show you some Samba
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Oldbloke » 30 Apr 2021, 9:40 pm

Well, I'm off now for a few weeks with the boss in the van. NE Vic. Not a shooting trip as such. But the 30-06 is packed this trip, so should get out for a few walks. See what pop's up I guess. :P
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by ZaineB » 30 Apr 2021, 9:48 pm

I go out for a little hunt every day, gidgee'd a few foxes recently with the bow, had a bit of luck with the same on bunnies (22lr/shotgun is too easy), went spotlighting the other night for under 2 hours and saw 7 foxes, shot 5, other two were sensing the danger early on and on the hoof as soon as the light met them lol.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by Blr243 » 01 May 2021, 7:48 am

Maybe Somerset dam area for wild dogs , in about ten days time ..might have to take proper sleeping gear. It’s getting cooler. . good luck at Texas
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Peter988 » 01 May 2021, 9:19 am

I will be farm sitting my mates place in the New England for a week in a couple days. Pigs, deer, foxes, rabbits and hares. Plus some good fishing. Various bits of farm work - feed the animals, water the garden, mow the lawn. All very relaxing and worthy of a cold cordial at the end of the day. Can’t wait.
Peter988
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 01 May 2021, 4:51 pm

Blr243 wrote:Maybe Somerset dam area for wild dogs , in about ten days time ..might have to take proper sleeping gear. It’s getting cooler. . good luck at Texas

thanks mate , yes it's cooling down. i love this time of year but . good luck to you too BLR , and all you other fellas who responded . :thumbsup: :drinks:

i'm trying to make more effort to get out and about shooting my firearms than trying new loads and talking about them :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by disco stu » 01 May 2021, 6:01 pm

Mate has a friend with a pig problem. Hoping we can get out there in the next few weeks. But like all things it will probably never happen. Other than that trying to find the energy to get up the range tomorrow to get a 22 sorted out
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by GQshayne » 01 May 2021, 7:16 pm

I am going to Millmerran on Monday, so not far away from you. Unfortunately, no hunting to be done on this small block. Just doing a bit of testing with my .17 Rem and also dad's .222.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 01 May 2021, 7:59 pm

GQshayne wrote:I am going to Millmerran on Monday, so not far away from you. Unfortunately, no hunting to be done on this small block. Just doing a bit of testing with my .17 Rem and also dad's .222.

sounds like a good reason to be outdoors mate, 17 rem and triple deuce . old school cool :thumbsup:

i'll be at ripley monday , got my 270 loads sorted for my trip, 243 just needs a fine tune and sight in . new brass loads groups better than fired/neck sized loads.
i've had this problem before , receiver and barrel aren't quite square . i'm doing full length resized loads for testing and running with that .
sounds like a excuse for a rebarrel but :P

besides that i've got a 94-22 winchester recently that's a whole lot of fun as 22lr is fairly cheap and i don't have to load for it :D

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation