Puma sighted in the Mitta Mitta

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Puma sighted in the Mitta Mitta

Post by ZaineB » 19 May 2021, 11:52 pm

animalpest wrote:So a "pigmy hippo" was shot in the Kimberley. Any factual details or photos that can be verified?

I currently have 2 staff members there out on multiple stations so they can chase the details up.

I'm going to cut you off there, its clear you are getting triggered and are trying to make a point of being the resident "expert" or some such thing, the article is as above, kimberly/nt same s**t different bucket, like I said you are taking other peoples lives personally, its very obvious, and its kinda pointless and as stated before not here to debate and convince anyone, I am 100% affirmed in what I know, I don't need, want nor seek your approval, I can't help if its hitting a nerve for you so I won't take it personally, however its pointless jumping on your roundabout.

cheers.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by duncan61 » 20 May 2021, 3:48 am

Cool story ZaineB.I know what I saw clearly in torch light.I did not have time to place it on scales and weigh it.Big cats have been shot and bought in by hunters and the government response is a reasonable :It must of been a pet:No authority wishes to accept there are large cats getting around in the bush.On the DVD I was sent I remember footage of a large black cat running down a good size roo.Pictures as clear as.Another one where a large cat is at the back fence and you can see the washing line and it just saunters into veiw and then turns and goes back up the hill.This is before photo shopping and stuff.Calm down a bit or this thread will be blocked and its a good one even though I get your point.I also fail to see the logic in making it up and your story you have a heap of independant witnesses that saw the same thing.
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 20 May 2021, 9:27 am

Oldbloke wrote:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-11-16/ ... ke/1145336

OK. Very surprising.

But are there private zoos about with big cats? Doubt it.
Last edited by Oldbloke on 20 May 2021, 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by animalpest » 20 May 2021, 9:27 am

So the suggestion was that family members have spent more time in the bush than I have. I simply stated what my experience has been.

I would not call people liars for what they have seen. Indeed, where there are multiple witnesses then that even better evidence.

But there are also people, for whatever reason, tell porkies and others see what they want to see.

Do I believe there could be big cats or whatever out there that are not feral cats? Maybe. I am open to the evidence. And I would be one of the first to be there trying to find evidence
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 21 May 2021, 4:56 pm

Well done team on toning it down.I will add this.If the cat we saw was 5kg I doubt my ex infantry mate and his son would of wound up the windows and locked the van.Yes I used a van for Kangaroo shooting it was a Mitshibishi L300 4x4 I was given for free and I had to chemiweld it every 6 weeks or so but it went good and I made a rail out of flat bar that went from the sliding door to the back and then to behind the drivers seat.The bonus was if I did an allnighter in Busselton I could drive back to Roelands with 25 30 animals hanging in the back and you could not see them even If I stopped for fuel.The windows were all tinted.Once I had loaded out I would park uphill on the drive and hose it out
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by animalpest » 21 May 2021, 6:21 pm

Good oh. I would be winding up the windows too
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2