Hav u realized we are burning wood faster than it's growing

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Hav u realized we are burning wood faster than it's grow

Post by wanneroo » 16 Jun 2021, 12:29 am

The people that say the earth's resources are getting used up are city people that don't realize how vast the earth is.

I remember in the 1980s, all supermarket bags were paper. But then the greenies said we gotta save the trees, even though trees have a lifespan and not cutting down the old growth means that you don't make way for the new growth. So then we went to plastic and everyone was happy about that until the left decided plastic was very bad. Now we are going back to paper because paper is "renewable" and "biodegradable". And now the supermarkets charge 5 cents a bag for making the change.

These are the same psychologically unstable people that push "global warming".

What these folks fail to recognize is that droughts, floods, storms, climate cycles, is all part of natures self cleaning mechanism. If everything stayed the same all the time the planet would be dead.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by ZaineB » 16 Jun 2021, 12:54 am

wanneroo wrote:The people that say the earth's resources are getting used up are city people that don't realize how vast the earth is.

I remember in the 1980s, all supermarket bags were paper. But then the greenies said we gotta save the trees, even though trees have a lifespan and not cutting down the old growth means that you don't make way for the new growth. So then we went to plastic and everyone was happy about that until the left decided plastic was very bad. Now we are going back to paper because paper is "renewable" and "biodegradable". And now the supermarkets charge 5 cents a bag for making the change.

These are the same psychologically unstable people that push "global warming".

What these folks fail to recognize is that droughts, floods, storms, climate cycles, is all part of natures self cleaning mechanism. If everything stayed the same all the time the planet would be dead.

Correct I, based on advice from a notable British meteorologist, made the prediction of the recent break in drought over 4 years ago, but anyone I uttered it to called me a bs artist. personally those who are among them flooded out now are getting what they deserve.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by wanneroo » 16 Jun 2021, 4:14 am

ZaineB wrote:

Correct I, based on advice from a notable British meteorologist, made the prediction of the recent break in drought over 4 years ago, but anyone I uttered it to called me a bs artist. personally those who are among them flooded out now are getting what they deserve.

It's funny that it's the trees themselves that show the history and it's pretty clear that there are longer cycles and shorter cycles of "climate change".

Drought kills off excessive overgrowth, floods cleanse the land and waterways and replenish the aquifers and ground water.

Now as humans we sometimes don't want to be in the middle of that, but if none of this stuff happened we'd be a dead planet like Mars.

When humans interfere and try to stop nature, nature figures out another way. When I lived in Colorado in the Rocky Mountains, the policy had long been to put out forest fires and not let them burn. The pine trees need fire to reseed themselves and kill off old growth. So nature figured out another way and afflicted most of the pines with the pine beetle. Now there are dead brown forests everywhere and one day it's all going to go up in flames, some of it did last year. But in the end the forest will regrow in time. We may not live to see the whole cycle but a cycle it will be.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by on_one_wheel » 16 Jun 2021, 1:33 pm

Earth was once covered in dense forests,which is evident in our massive oil& fields and massive seams of coal.

Slowly but surely it's becoming increasingly baren, obviously were not helping but one thing is for sure, with or without our help, earth will eventually end up just like Mars, stripped of its life supporting atmosphere and water.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by duncan61 » 20 Jun 2021, 12:41 pm

Satellites can not measure surface temperature but they can take pictures and the planet is most definately greening.The Alarmists will somehow make this a bad thing but it is actualy a good thing.The Amazon is still there even though in my short life time it was all supposed to be gone at least twice.Go figure
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 20 Jun 2021, 10:26 pm

wanneroo wrote:
It's funny that it's the trees themselves that show the history and it's pretty clear that there are longer cycles and shorter cycles of "climate change".

Drought kills off excessive overgrowth, floods cleanse the land and waterways and replenish the aquifers and ground water.

Now as humans we sometimes don't want to be in the middle of that, but if none of this stuff happened we'd be a dead planet like Mars.

When humans interfere and try to stop nature, nature figures out another way. When I lived in Colorado in the Rocky Mountains, the policy had long been to put out forest fires and not let them burn. The pine trees need fire to reseed themselves and kill off old growth. So nature figured out another way and afflicted most of the pines with the pine beetle. Now there are dead brown forests everywhere and one day it's all going to go up in flames, some of it did last year. But in the end the forest will regrow in time. We may not live to see the whole cycle but a cycle it will be.

" When humans interfere and try to stop nature, nature figures out another way. "

Exactly,,,,, however at the moment I'm not sure what Mother Nature may have up her sleeve to fix the monumental f*ck ups that us humans have made
in stuffing up the waterways of the world.
Sure,,,,some of which pay dividends ie: Hydroelectric power,,,,,,,, but there is just as big if not bigger negative issues as a result, on the other side of the coin.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bah! » 27 Jun 2021, 8:32 am

duncan61 wrote:... and the planet is most definately greening.The Alarmists will somehow make this a bad thing but it is actualy a good thing.The Amazon is still there even though in my short life time it was all supposed to be gone at least twice.Go figure

Yes, the planet is greening because;
1) China and India have the largest percentage improvement in green coverage.
2) As Siberian peramfrost warms, it "greens", even if that hasn't been it's natural state for a few million years.

And a special mention for South America/the Amazon, they have some of the highest percentage change in greening, going backwards though. So like Zeno's paradox, they are still clearing the amazon, they just never quite finished.
bah!
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation