Been a bit crook :-)

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Been a bit crook :-)

Post by bladeracer » 08 Jun 2021, 3:14 pm

Had an extremely busy week last week, topped off by the first Covid jab.
An hour of standing around followed by an hour of sitting around, but came away feeling just fine.
Later that night though I discovered my shoulder was too tender to be able to lie on, oh well, not a big deal.
But then I spent the next four days in bed :-)

Just basic flu symptoms that never really eventuated into a flu, headaches, particularly while standing or sitting upright, sinus aching, some snot generation, sore throat, zero concentration, and _extremely_ lethargic. I stayed in bed, only getting up for the toilet. Drank tons of water, and did tons of weeing!

Seem to be back on my feet today, at last! Shoulder is still very tender, that stuff must pack a wallop :-)

Last week I was walking up to set up some targets (hoping to do some shooting before we had to go castrate some bull calves after Rose came home from town) and spotted a bull calf trapped in the shelter belt, struggling to breathe. I tackled him, hog-tied him, and we moved him out into our cattle yard in case he needed a vet. Rose rang the neighbour to let him know, and then we waited. He finally showed up after 1700, declared it to be pneumonia, gave him some shots, and left him with us overnight rather than that let him go back with the herd straight away His cattle are not user-friendly at all, so trying to capture one would be a nightmare. He survived the night, but sadly died later that morning. Apparently he was a twin and simply wasn't getting any milk from mum after his sibling drained the tanks. I wanted to autopsy and see if his lungs were damaged, but I got nailed by the vaccine.

Then when we did our bulls, I managed to get my left hand in between the steel crush and the fast-moving hoof of a not very happy little bull, with perfect timing. Split the skin and put the hand out of action for an hour or so, but nothing seems to be broken :-)

Was in town this morning getting some scans and managed to grab a brick of Remington Thunderbolts to add to my testing stash. I asked about Trailboss and AR2205 but with no result.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Been a bit crook :-)

Post by Patriot » 08 Jun 2021, 3:30 pm

Had my first covid injection on Sunday. No side effects so far not even a sore arm. Glad you’re feeling better mate.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 08 Jun 2021, 3:34 pm

Patriot wrote:Had my first covid injection on Sunday. No side effects so far not even a sore arm. Glad you’re feeling better mate.

Yep, Rose had hers with me, a very slight feeling of being "not quite right" in the morning, but nothing else.
Viruses do tend to beat me up though :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 08 Jun 2021, 4:06 pm

You got the astra zenica or the Pfizer one?

I was in hospital for pathology as daughter is needle phobic plus they are better than the numnuts in the commercial lab. While there two ladies rocked up and asked if I interested in getting the Pfizer Jab.... I went why not. The look in their eyes was funny, as I recon they were thinking they would have to convince a number of people... this was before the current outbreak.

Anyho upshot they booked me in for my second Jabsaving me hassle later. My shoulder was sore the next day but nothing else. Others have mentone 2nd Jab is worse for Pfizer.

Regarding farming incidents, yeah always isn't it, always something breaking or going bad.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 08 Jun 2021, 4:22 pm

Had both Pfizer jabs and only a sore arm on both, nothing too bad and no other side effects. Second jab was no worse than the first in my case mate.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 08 Jun 2021, 4:39 pm

Pfizer for me. I’m in the 40-49 group.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by womble » 08 Jun 2021, 4:54 pm

Getting my 5g on saturday. I want the Pfizer but have to have the AstraZeneca. I suppose if the jab knocks you around a bit, the covid would’ve been worse.
Don’t like needles. Don’t like doctors. Better be jelly beans.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Peter988 » 08 Jun 2021, 5:41 pm

Had the AZ the other day. No after effects at all. Played golf the next day.
Peter988
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 08 Jun 2021, 6:00 pm

I see on the news that our illustrious leader (Anastasia) had her 1st jab,,,, and got the Pfizer even tho she was supposed to get the Astra Jenica.

RULES FOR SOME ???????????

She apparently used the excuse that she MAY have to go to the Olympic Games,,,, and the Astra wouldn't have her covered in time. :wtf: :wtf:

I am in the age group that is supposed to have the Astra,,,,,,, but also have health issues that put me in the high risk area of the Astra clotting.
When I rang the Vaccination advertised number and asked about getting the Pfizer I was flatly refused.

On the Vacc website it clearly states that ALL Australians will be offered a "Safe and effective vaccine"

With medical issues putting me at risk of clotting,,,,,,,,,,, added to the clotting issues associated with Astra Zenica,,,,, the statement that
"ALL Australians will be offered a Safe and effective vaccine" just doesn't ring true.

Yet Anastasia can get it in case she goes to the Olympics ?????? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 08 Jun 2021, 6:01 pm

Had the AstraZeneca nearly 2 weeks ago.
SWMBO had no effects. I woke up that night with a mild headache and following day felt tired. Needed 2 grandpa naps. Lol. But all good next day put in 3 hrs gardening.
Last edited by Oldbloke on 08 Jun 2021, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 08 Jun 2021, 6:04 pm

A-to-Z for us, we're 54. Not that I knew anything about different types beforehand.
My daughter asked me which vaccine I had, I said it was the Covid one :-)
She reeled off a list so I found the piece of paper they gave me and it said AstraZeneca.

Went to the Post Office today and she asked me to log-in with my phone. I looked at her like she'd asked me to do a cartwheel :-) She tried to explain that my phone can apparently communicate with a sign on the wall, but neither of us could work it out, so she just wrote my details down on paper.

I was watching a video of a Police interrogation the other night.
The detective says to the guy, "You've seen the TV, you've read the papers, you know why you're here."
I looked at Rose and said, "What am I supposed to say if a cop ever says that to me?", we don't watch TV or read newspapers :-)

Agreed, the term "farming" should be read as "fixing and falling over" :-)

cz515 wrote:You got the astra zenica or the Pfizer one?

I was in hospital for pathology as daughter is needle phobic plus they are better than the numnuts in the commercial lab. While there two ladies rocked up and asked if I interested in getting the Pfizer Jab.... I went why not. The look in their eyes was funny, as I recon they were thinking they would have to convince a number of people... this was before the current outbreak.

Anyho upshot they booked me in for my second Jabsaving me hassle later. My shoulder was sore the next day but nothing else. Others have mentone 2nd Jab is worse for Pfizer.

Regarding farming incidents, yeah always isn't it, always something breaking or going bad.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 08 Jun 2021, 6:04 pm

First Covid about 4 weeks ago, with no problems. Had flu jab last week, again no problems. 2nd Covid not due until July and hopefully all will be ok.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 08 Jun 2021, 6:13 pm

Had my first az jab today couple of hours ago .....before me In the doctors was a new born Baby getting some sort of needle and he was going ape and not very happy at all..... if he knew the F word I’m sure he would have used it
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 08 Jun 2021, 6:18 pm

What's puzzling me is I now have a small pellet shaped lump under the skin at the back of the neck where they stuck me with the needle. Anyone else got a lump there too?

Oh, when I drive past the local mobile tower it "buzzes". What's causing that???
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Patriot » 08 Jun 2021, 6:28 pm

Die Judicii wrote:I see on the news that our illustrious leader (Anastasia) had her 1st jab,,,, and got the Pfizer even tho she was supposed to get the Astra Jenica.

She apparently used the excuse that she MAY have to go to the Olympic Games,,,, and the Astra wouldn't have her covered in time. :wtf: :wtf:

I am in the age group that is supposed to have the Astra,,,,,,, but also have health issues that put me in the high risk area of the Astra clotting.
When I rang the Vaccination advertised number and asked about getting the Pfizer I was flatly refused.

On the Vacc website it clearly states that ALL Australians will be offered a "Safe and effective vaccine"

With medical issues putting me at risk of clotting,,,,,,,,,,, added to the clotting issues associated with Astra Zenica,,,,, the statement that
"ALL Australians will be offered a Safe and effective vaccine" just doesn't ring true.

Yet Anastasia can get it in case she goes to the Olympics ?????? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Mate I’m in Brisbane and got the jab at the PA hospital. Nobody asked me for any proof of age or any ID at all except Medicare card. I reckon if you just rock up you’ll probably get the jab you want.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 08 Jun 2021, 8:00 pm

Die Judicii wrote:I see on the news that our illustrious leader (Anastasia) had her 1st jab,,,, and got the Pfizer even tho she was supposed to get the Astra Jenica.

Go to your Dr mate. Ask him/her for the pfizer jab.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 08 Jun 2021, 8:17 pm

bladeracer wrote:A-to-Z for us, we're 54. Not that I knew anything about different types beforehand.
My daughter asked me which vaccine I had, I said it was the Covid one :-)
She reeled off a list so I found the piece of paper they gave me and it said AstraZeneca.

Went to the Post Office today and she asked me to log-in with my phone. I looked at her like she'd asked me to do a cartwheel :-) She tried to explain that my phone can apparently communicate with a sign on the wall, but neither of us could work it out, so she just wrote my details down on paper.

I was watching a video of a Police interrogation the other night.
The detective says to the guy, "You've seen the TV, you've read the papers, you know why you're here."
I looked at Rose and said, "What am I supposed to say if a cop ever says that to me?", we don't watch TV or read newspapers :-)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Mate,,,,,,,,, you are a funny man. :lol: :lol:

By your very own description,,,, I believe you must be my long lost twin brother.
But,,,,,,,,,, the time is coming when we both will have to learn about the "sign on the wall" and how to let our phones talk to it.
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 08 Jun 2021, 9:27 pm

Oldbloke wrote:What's puzzling me is I now have a small pellet shaped lump under the skin at the back of the neck where they stuck me with the needle. Anyone else got a lump there too?

Oh, when I drive past the local mobile tower it "buzzes". What's causing that???

;) good-on-ya OB :lol:

there's lots of paranoid people who would bite at that though :roll:

:thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by pomemax » 08 Jun 2021, 10:10 pm

Had the Flu shot today went to Dr to ask about Covid Jab said he did not do them to small a practice told me have to wait 3 weeks now .
Hope yer feeling better Blade I heard it was a lottery how it affects people My mum(87 ) no effects at all my sister same brother in law ended in hospital he fainted 10 min after , ambulance and they dont know why he was out in 4 days tho all ok still dont know why .
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by ZaineB » 08 Jun 2021, 11:48 pm

I am in the same debarkle which means I basically will not be getting the vaccine, so that's that I guess until they stop making a big deal out of enforcing what group gets what. there is no way I am risking serious side effects when I have dependents.

but yeah the good old favoritism never fades along with the double standards and condescension from above.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by ZaineB » 09 Jun 2021, 12:04 am

all those who have been vaxxed do my a solid and go get a covid test, want to fact check something and there is no reliable data on it.. interested to see what your test results are.

cheers.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by womble » 09 Jun 2021, 3:42 am

Oldbloke wrote:What's puzzling me is I now have a small pellet shaped lump under the skin at the back of the neck where they stuck me with the needle. Anyone else got a lump there too?

You should be able to hear a faint beep. It’s just the nsa keeping tabs on you. Nice to know someone cares.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 09 Jun 2021, 4:06 am

ZaineB wrote:

I am in the same debarkle which means I basically will not be getting the vaccine, so that's that I guess until they stop making a big deal out of enforcing what group gets what. there is no way I am risking serious side effects when I have dependents.

but yeah the good old favoritism never fades along with the double standards and condescension from above.

I was of the exact same mindset. If I was in WA i probably still would be. But in vic the vaccine available is getting snapped up.
I do worry about possible side effects, but then the risk of covid making me sick is higher. And in vic it’s definitely getting around now. I don’t think they can contain it, so i think the chances of getting it likely and inevitable now.
So now i think, bugger it I’ll just get jabbed. Everybody dies sooner or later. I’ll take blood clot over slow respirator death :drinks:

I think if you’re under 50 and in good health it’s still highly unlikely covid will make you any sicker than than a typical cold/flu. Most likely not ill at all.
But myself over 50 with a few underlying conditions i;ve just got a higher chance of it knocking me around and i don’t want to end up needing to rely on our public health system for care here in vic because it’s really crap.
I’ve spent quite a lot of time in public hospitals because of a past love for motorcycles. Probably a couple of years in total. Our hospitals are really bad. The staff are great but the system dose’nt cope in the best of times. I would’nt want to be in one when they are under load.
I don’t expect the AZ to give me full immunity from covid but it will give me some. And if it’s the difference between my own bed and a public hospital then that’s a win.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 09 Jun 2021, 7:21 am

if you are over 70 you have a 97% chance of surviving covid19 and if you are under 70 you have over 99% chance of surviving.

Also only 6% of people who have died of covid 19(in the USA) did not have a comorbidity.

I will take my chances and not get a vaccine. Big pharma are trying to push for yearly vaccines at the tax payers expense. They are loving the media hysteria because they are making so much money. The vaccine companies are not legally liable for deaths sustained by the vaccine and the tax payer is paying for it. So big pharma want everybody to get it and a booster shot for a new strain every year.

It amazes me how the media makes out that covid 19 is as bad as ebola yet you need a test to tell you that you are sick. If you don't strengthen your immune system it will weaken. When I was a kid allergies were nearly unheard of, now they are rather common.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 09 Jun 2021, 8:07 am

Mate OB, you have a lump on your neck because you have an old school phone without Android. Actually I had a friend who went to a "mobile doctor" for a prostate exam, he was asked to bend over, and that it might hurt.... but what was strange is that both of the hand of the "doctor" was on his shoulders. :shock: :shock:

DieJ, I saw that. First I was surprised that she hadn't yet gotten it, and then surprised it was the Pfizer one. Saying that I know scomo got the Pfizer one (but the circumstances were different.

As the Pfizer one needs to be kept in liquid nitrogen and 25 dozes per vial and the higher cost, it will probably not be available from GPs anytime soon.

I have been reading about it, and in the UK they are now very confident that they can detect the blood clots from AZ earlier, before they can cause issues, hence rate of death is falling from initial reports. Same as rate of death from covid has fallen.

The simple thing is covid is here to stay, eventually everyone in the world will have had covid or been vaccinated for covid. And I said it last year, as even last year it was known that the anti bodies leave the system after 4 to 6 months, hence you could get covid twice. So yearly booster shots just like he the flu will be it for covid. Plenty of other vaccines that need 5 or 10 year booster shots, I am due for my tetanus one.

Now for those who still think the vaccine have trackers, don't you think it would be simpler for governments to add those trackers in drinking water, I mean they add fluoride in it already.

Secondly our government can't even implement IT systems properly that will generate them income, but they are competent enough to develop a plan on a global scale, and gotten every country in the world to read from the same manual, of inventing a fake virus, that needs vaccination where they will insert chips into every human (getting the data from Google/Apple be easier as they already track us). Lock us down for extended periods (usa didn't btw). To what end really?
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 09 Jun 2021, 12:13 pm

Several of my family members that have had the shot from different manufacturers have gotten sick for a few days and felt like they were going to die, spending a couple days in bed.

I have not gotten it yet as Covid risk is very low right now and I am not opposed to getting it but figure they will learn from their mistakes and there will be something better in the fall. The county in another state I am working in right now has zero active cases and at my home hundreds of kilometers away there are just a handful of people, probably in the old folks home that have Covid.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Jun 2021, 12:45 pm

"Mate OB, you have a lump on your neck because you have an old school phone without Android"

Yeh, I'm still using a "brick". Lol
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 09 Jun 2021, 2:40 pm

Lol I knew it... the chip needed to be implanted in you... next time just buy a Samsung/Apple it records everything abs makes it easier for the federal police to get your data anytime

Incase someone is listening, or does not understand jokes......I was just joking
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 09 Jun 2021, 4:13 pm

womble wrote: Our hospitals are really bad. The staff are great but the system dose’nt cope in the best of times. I would’nt want to be in one when they are under load.

Here's one,,,,,,, just to go AGAINST the flow.

Recently I saw my GP regarding really bad indigestion.
He wrote a referral for me to have an endoscopy (swallow the camera),,,,, and in the same consult he changed my current medication for such.

The change of medication fixed the problem.

So,,,,,,,,, I rang the hospital and explained what had happened,,,, and cancelled the endoscopy.

That was two months ago,,,,, but I kept getting text messages and letters asking me to go for a pre anaesthetic appointment and reminders of the procedure date and time.
And,,,,,, even a letter explaining where to go,,,, etc etc.

I rang them each time I got another letter or text message,,,, and saying that the procedure had been cancelled and why can't you people get your act together.

The seventh ( 7th ) time I rang them to say it had been cancelled,,, this dopey woman says,,, "Yes we noticed that,, so we re booked your appointment.
That was when I absolutely lost my cool,,,,, and used a few profanities.

Thinking that was the end of it once and for all,,,,, I then relaxed.
But no way,,,,,,, just (two days ago) I got yet another letter saying that if I didn't turn up for the pre Anaesthetic appointment they would have to remove my name from the waiting list. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

I made one last phone call,,, and once connected to the office from whence the letters originated I made my final statement ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
"You people are HARDER to get rid of than the FU#KING PLAGUE.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by ZaineB » 09 Jun 2021, 4:23 pm

Die Judicii wrote:
womble wrote: Our hospitals are really bad. The staff are great but the system dose’nt cope in the best of times. I would’nt want to be in one when they are under load.

Here's one,,,,,,, just to go AGAINST the flow.

Recently I saw my GP regarding really bad indigestion.
He wrote a referral for me to have an endoscopy (swallow the camera),,,,, and in the same consult he changed my current medication for such.

The change of medication fixed the problem.

So,,,,,,,,, I rang the hospital and explained what had happened,,,, and cancelled the endoscopy.

That was two months ago,,,,, but I kept getting text messages and letters asking me to go for a pre anaesthetic appointment and reminders of the procedure date and time.
And,,,,,, even a letter explaining where to go,,,, etc etc.

I rang them each time I got another letter or text message,,,, and saying that the procedure had been cancelled and why can't you people get your act together.

The seventh ( 7th ) time I rang them to say it had been cancelled,,, this dopey woman says,,, "Yes we noticed that,, so we re booked your appointment.
That was when I absolutely lost my cool,,,,, and used a few profanities.

Thinking that was the end of it once and for all,,,,, I then relaxed.
But no way,,,,,,, just (two days ago) I got yet another letter saying that if I didn't turn up for the pre Anaesthetic appointment they would have to remove my name from the waiting list. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

I made one last phone call,,, and once connected to the office from whence the letters originated I made my final statement ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
"You people are HARDER to get rid of than the FU#KING PLAGUE.

If you are suffering Gord or Gerd (depends what country ya in as to the exact term used) and taking medication to remedy it, I suggest you dont continue that trend and work to actually address the root cause for the reflux, too many people think its a matter of taking medication and she'll be right and sadly so many doctors adhere to this lunacy also, Gerd needs to be completely remedied at the cause, using proton pump inhibitors and the likes is very detrimental to most systems in the body, and cause deterioration of the skeletal system and other key parts of our bodies, Gerd can and will go away with the right treatment/management,

not saying you are specifically in this group, but thought I would say something as waaaayy too many people are on pills for this, and they are as bad as the original issue.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation