IOC 2032 (Amidst much controversy)

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

IOC 2032 (Amidst much controversy)

Post by Die Judicii » 21 Jul 2021, 11:06 pm

After much controversy our current illustrious leader Anastacia flew out to Japan to enable securing the 2032 Olympic games for Qld,, Australia.
Even though touted as a foregone conclusion,
Against the wishes/beliefs of many,
At a time of foreboding Covid threats,
At a time when thousands of abroad Australians can't get back home,

In a day and age of technology that could enable tele link handling of such matters,, that would be perfectly acceptable by the multitudes,,,,,
especially in light of the global pandemic.

I can't help but wonder,,,,, on the opening of the 2032 Olympics,, will she even rate a mention,,, let alone be remembered ? :unknown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: IOC 2032 (Amidst much controversy)

Post by boingk » 21 Jul 2021, 11:45 pm

Nope.
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by Bill » 22 Jul 2021, 7:20 am

She will go down as the GREATEST leader QLD has ever had period. 3 Election victories and its hard to not to see her getting a 4, 5 or even a 6th :wtf: :lol:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by straightshooter » 22 Jul 2021, 7:26 am

Bill wrote:She will go down as the GREATEST leader QLD has ever had period. 3 Election victories and its hard to not to see her getting a 4, 5 or even a 6th :wtf: :lol:

What surprising comment from a self avowed apolitical forum member!
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Robin » 22 Jul 2021, 7:32 am

I don't agree with her flying over for this, in fact, I don't understand the need for any politician to fly overseas, it would be cheaper to plug into a VR headset and the experience would be the same kinda.

Anyway events for this Olympics mmm
- Shooting
-More Shooting
-Pig Shooting
-Rabbit Shooting
-Shooting something
-Car racing ( street style)

Belmont gets a big upgrade and will cost $100 just to enter
More noise is created and Shooting gets banned
Aircraft gets banned due to noise
Cars get banned due to noise
Talking gets banned due to noise.

Ok I'll stop now, need coffee
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Robin » 22 Jul 2021, 7:37 am

I forgot a few things

Thong tossing , just make sure everyone knows what a Thong is over here or it could get interesting.
Cockroach racing.
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 22 Jul 2021, 4:47 pm

All you Queenslanders will be paying big for the games. I think it is great that Brisbane got the nod, but it is going to cost megabucks. Just my opinion, mind you.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 22 Jul 2021, 5:02 pm

Beats the hell outta me why the whole Olympic games weren't just cancelled and be done with it.
With all their so called diligence,,,,, how many athletes have tested positive so far ?
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 22 Jul 2021, 6:10 pm

Queensland the only state that has money to spend building stadiums and housing for athletes. But not enough money to insure its roads and bridges against floods..... so the rest of the covey has to chip in to pay a levy.

And she probably won't even be alive in 2032
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Bill » 22 Jul 2021, 7:20 pm

Cmon straightshooter ya gotta agree Anna has done a good job recently and attending Tokyo for a week or two would seem to be part of the IOC announcing the winner.

Sure the cost will be atleast $5 Billion to host the Games but you cant discount the Tourism lift in the economy post 2032 that QLD will enjoy for decades after.
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 22 Jul 2021, 7:42 pm

What mate? now many people goto qld to see the commonwealth games sites

Ohh you were being sarcastic :lol:
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 23 Jul 2021, 7:55 am

Bill wrote:Cmon straightshooter ya gotta agree Anna has done a good job recently and attending Tokyo for a week or two would seem to be part of the IOC announcing the winner.

Sure the cost will be atleast $5 Billion to host the Games but you cant discount the Tourism lift in the economy post 2032 that QLD will enjoy for decades after.

Bill put a 3 or a 4 in front of the 5 and you will be closer to the mark.
What Queenslanders will "enjoy" is their government, irrespective of the party governing, screwing every possible $ out of them for generations to pay for all the white elephants the games demand.
As for the palace chook doing a "good job", is it because she has been blessed with the most hopeless opposition ever.
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 23 Jul 2021, 9:07 am

I saw the news coverage and I know one thing, she should leave the mask ON her face :lol: :lol:

She has the looks and personality of a union delegate from a Russian tractor factory :lol:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by straightshooter » 23 Jul 2021, 9:48 am

bigrich wrote:She has the looks and personality of a union delegate from a Russian tractor factory :lol:

You, you flatterer you!
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Wm.Traynor » 23 Jul 2021, 10:49 am

straightshooter wrote:As for the palace chook doing a.
[/quote]

"Palace chook"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 23 Jul 2021, 11:08 am

Apparently 100-150m for the opening ceremony alone
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bah! » 23 Jul 2021, 4:29 pm

Yeah the IOC said turn up or miss out and what else is she going to do?
bah!
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Noisydad » 24 Jul 2021, 7:30 am

Robin wrote:I forgot a few things

Thong tossing , just make sure everyone knows what a Thong is over here or it could get interesting.
Cockroach racing.

There are two more events you forgot. There’s one that 3rd world competitors are unbeatable at - the 400km Doing a runner as soon as they get here.
The most popular event in the village that gets no air time at all - the How many of this big bowl of rubbers can we use freestyle.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 24 Jul 2021, 7:36 am

Wm.Traynor wrote:
straightshooter wrote:As for the palace chook doing a.

"Palace chook"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:[/quote]

Actually it's as close as a native English speaker can get to the correct pronunciation of her surname in the language from which it originates.
No joke.
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Robin » 25 Jul 2021, 10:55 am

cz515 wrote:What mate? now many people goto qld to see the commonwealth games sites

Ohh you were being sarcastic :lol:

The GC commonwealth games was run by who should have known what QLD is about, too be honest. He really f***ed up.

Hopefully who the new lead is for this event will showcase Qld for what it is, we have so much to offer , you have the Gold and Sunshine Coast beaches, we have the outback, we have perfect camping locations, we have North Qld and what ever they have to offer, what I'm saying is that if the does the job right and tourism Australia plays with it , this can be a real benefit to this state , both leading up to the event and after.

We are currently building a Live Entertainment Arena which can be used for the Opening, plus we have plenty of pools and stadiums capable, that's with money that's already been spent , the jobs this will create leading up will me massive.

I know I already plan in seeing the shooting and swimming, its a long way, however I still want to see it.
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by womble » 25 Jul 2021, 1:43 pm

This direly needs the attention it deserves. https://www.change.org/p/queensland-government-make-the-ibis-bin-chicken-the-official-mascot-of-the-2032-brisbane-olympics

I don’t much like her. Bit over rules for some not for others.
Getting the games here however is a win.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by animalpest » 28 Jul 2021, 1:21 am

I thought Joe Bielkie was the most, best, most successful and honest Premier Queensland ever had?
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by straightshooter » 28 Jul 2021, 7:31 am

Ah yes Banana Joe. He was repeatedly criticised for exploiting the Laber designed electoral gerrymander and leading one of the best governments money could buy.
Reminds me of a humorous anecdote.
Joe walks into a meeting, sits down and takes his hat off. On his head is a cane toad.
After a bit of murmur one attendee plucks up the courage to ask "where did you get that".
The cane toad replies "it started out as a wart on my a$$".
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 28 Jul 2021, 11:07 am

bigrich wrote:I saw the news coverage and I know one thing, she should leave the mask ON her face :lol: :lol:

She has the looks and personality of a union delegate from a Russian tractor factory :lol:

:lol: :thumbsup:

That is so spot on.

Personally not a fan, I think she's half of a half wit, not impressed at all.

But I do think it would be cool for QLD to get the Olympics.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Woden » 11 Aug 2021, 1:51 pm

bigrich wrote:She has the looks and personality of a union delegate from a Russian tractor factory :lol:

Bahaha!! That's gold!
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by womble » 11 Aug 2021, 5:27 pm

I demand cricket
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 11 Aug 2021, 7:06 pm

Cricket cricket

Ohh crikey!!!!
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 12 Aug 2021, 11:41 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh good old Joe. If Joe was in power in 1996 QLD would not of got molested the way it did, you can believe that. Joe would of stood up to the fed. Never forget QLD and WA did not want to sign the NFA because they new having a registry would cost a fortune and achieve nothing but Howard blackmailed them. Joe would of told him to get stuffed and got the money elsewhere.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation