Paranormal

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Paranormal

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Jul 2021, 1:01 am

Or just some freak in full cammo, cammo backpack and a not so cammo hoodie wearing nv gogs waiting to drop bear someone? Apparently she took a snap and bolted.
She probably should've taken that photo to the police, just in case someone out there was up to no good :unknown:
Resized_image000000.jpeg
Resized_image000000.jpeg (51.14 KiB) Viewed 2647 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Re: Paranormal

Post by ZaineB » 22 Jul 2021, 1:18 am

Filipinos would call that an aswang lol, forget the folk law for witches in Japan but something similar there and in Taiwan haha... I would have rushed back there with the 12 gauge lol
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Jul 2021, 3:23 am

One of these.

Resized_Wandjina_Donkey_Ridge_Kimberley_Rock_Art.jpeg
Resized_Wandjina_Donkey_Ridge_Kimberley_Rock_Art.jpeg (260.7 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 22 Jul 2021, 4:06 am

:wtf:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Jul 2021, 10:27 am

There's people out there who hunt other people, I reckon it's one if those.
Perhaps a army guy doing an exercise, they sometimes head out into the public and train
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Jul 2021, 12:19 pm

This... glow from nv against the face
Screenshot_20210722-114718_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210722-114718_Chrome.jpg (268.97 KiB) Viewed 2601 times
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by disco stu » 22 Jul 2021, 1:53 pm

Someone you know take the photo?
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Bugman » 22 Jul 2021, 4:42 pm

mmmmmmmmm. Looks like a blind date I had many years ago.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 22 Jul 2021, 9:36 pm

bunyip ? jabawocky ? or just some nut job ?
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Tiger650 » 22 Jul 2021, 11:22 pm

Put a bullet into it and wait for ground thump, if none change undies.
If it were a weirdo easy enough to claim in defence that you thought it was a large possum or whatever,
Or gut it an chuck it into a creek.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by boingk » 22 Jul 2021, 11:30 pm

Tiger650 wrote:Put a bullet into it and wait for ground thump, if none change undies.
If it were a weirdo easy enough to claim in defence that you thought it was a large possum or whatever,

Use a shotgun slug so theres no rifling to trace. Make sure its something you havent bought the day before for that specific purpose.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by bigrich » 23 Jul 2021, 4:41 am

Tiger650 wrote:Put a bullet into it and wait for ground thump, if none change undies.

Gotta watch what you say online these days , nut jobs and possums have all sorts of rights ;)
Honestly what sort of person sits in a tree all camo’ed up like that ? Just plain freaking weird :unknown:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 24 Jul 2021, 8:55 am

bigrich wrote:

Gotta watch what you say online these days , nut jobs and possums have all sorts of rights ;)
Honestly what sort of person sits in a tree all camo’ed up like that ? Just plain freaking weird :unknown:

Ah,you serious ? Plenty of hunters sit in trees camo'd up like that,in fact that seems the standard method of deer hunting in the states lol
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 24 Jul 2021, 1:03 pm

bigpete wrote:
bigrich wrote:

Ah,you serious ? Plenty of hunters sit in trees camo'd up like that,in fact that seems the standard method of deer hunting in the states lol

definately isn't my idea of hunting . they probably sit in their hide in a tree , munching on burger king and sucking down a coke while their waiting for the deer to come and eat the "bait" corn they put down ....... :roll: . last hunt i went on was out around texas queensland , i probably walked 15-20 klicks a day . didn't get a deer , but saw all sorts of other wildlife and got some sorely needed excercise . hunting trips for me aren't just about blastin" critters ;)
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 24 Jul 2021, 3:08 pm

Not my idea either,but fact is,its a valid method,and something predators of all species do...
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 24 Jul 2021, 3:43 pm

Yeh, lay bait for a couple of weeks then shoot it with the help NV. Not what I call "sporting". Maybe I'm old fashioned.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 24 Jul 2021, 4:10 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Yeh, lay bait for a couple of weeks then shoot it with the help NV. Not what I call "sporting". Maybe I'm old fashioned.

Predators do lay in wait,in trees,over water holes,game trails,salt links,etc
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 24 Jul 2021, 4:25 pm

bigpete wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:Yeh, lay bait for a couple of weeks then shoot it with the help NV. Not what I call "sporting". Maybe I'm old fashioned.

Predators do lay in wait,in trees,over water holes,game trails,salt links,etc

imagine old world english big game hunter ,"it's just not sporting old bean , what would they say at the explorer's club what !" :D
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 24 Jul 2021, 4:29 pm

Waiting over a water hole in the evening isn't the same a laying bait for a week and using NV gear. Just not the same.

I'm sure there is a place for it but not my thing.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 24 Jul 2021, 5:08 pm

I actually never said lay in wait over a bait with nv ,only that hunters sitting in trees in camo was common. And fwiw,the old big game hunters often sat over bait....for days....often with a torch.....
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 24 Jul 2021, 6:16 pm

bigpete wrote:I actually never said lay in wait over a bait with nv ,only that hunters sitting in trees in camo was common. And fwiw,the old big game hunters often sat over bait....for days....often with a torch.....

Didn't say you did.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 24 Jul 2021, 7:49 pm

bigpete wrote:I actually never said lay in wait over a bait with nv ,only that hunters sitting in trees in camo was common. And fwiw,the old big game hunters often sat over bait....for days....often with a torch.....

no , no, old chap . you have gun bearers to hold the torch :P my, my , how standards have slipped in the empire :D

your quite right about the camo though old bean . i slipped some branches in my pith helmet and drunk my gin and tonic behind a rock . if i don't find any blasted lions soon, i'll tie a steak around one of my gun bearers necks and chase him into the bushes . should at least be a bit of sport . pip pip ! :D

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 24 Jul 2021, 10:14 pm

The best bait thing I ever did. Was on cape York , mostly hunters seek pigs up there by hunting water in the hottest part of the day and I did plenty of that but at night after dinner I would grab my bow and walk from the house to an old cattle carcass. This drew Solitary boars in Like a magnet When relatively close I would stop and listen for the sounds of the boar feeding on the carcass ....a grazier once told me boars will seek old bones when they are in Calicim deficient country. Then off with my shoes and ever so slowly I would approach the feeding boar ... I could hardly see. I needed just a bit of moonlight. Just nuff to make out one end of the boar from the other ...too much moonlight and I would bee seen. Thank god for fibre optic pins on bow sights. There was no cover no bushes just the correct amount of darkness. I had to move ridiculous ly slow and had to draw my bow very slowly it was pure excitement slow stalking with no cover. At about ten metres I would shoot ...I can remember as if it were yesterday I big hooky boar chased me up a skinny sapling ...I could hear him clicking At me under the tree As I clung on ....if I made an unsuccessful stalk and scared the boar away I would return 30/45 mins later and another boar would be there Keen for his carcass snack such was the lure of a smelly carcass for a cape York boar .... I miss the cape
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation