Well known UK Firearms Accessories Retailer “Spud 1967”

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Well known UK Firearms Accessories Retailer “Spud 1967”

Post by Downunder » 05 Aug 2021, 6:13 am

Anyone deal with this company out of the UK, I’m having some issues with an order ($800au), the freight company (Parcelforce (Royal Mail)) tell me the consignment has been registered or advised to them only but not scheduled for pick up, the supplier tells me it was sent (picked up 6 weeks ago, the tracking has remained at “advised” for 6 weeks now.
The consignment is for tools, nothing restricted.
Downunder
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: Well known UK Firearms Accessories Retailer “Spud 1967”

Post by straightshooter » 05 Aug 2021, 7:59 am

You no doubt paid with a credit card.
If no satisfactory response from the retailer and an appropriate passage of time (the goods could be coming on a slow freighter via Cape Horn) take it up with your credit card operator.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Downunder » 05 Aug 2021, 9:02 am

straightshooter wrote:You no doubt paid with a credit card.
If no satisfactory response from the retailer and an appropriate passage of time (the goods could be coming on a slow freighter via Cape Horn) take it up with your credit card operator.

Thanks, we’re not quite at that stage yet, just putting the feelers out to gauge reputations.
Downunder
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 05 Aug 2021, 2:11 pm

I would say 1967spud has a better rep than Royal Mail, and 6 weeks is nothing for wait times from the UK at the moment, even before Covid a surface mail order used to take 2 months. I have had items lost by Royal Mail in the past and their tracking was useless so all I can say is wait 8 weeks then contact the seller again and see if they can track from their end, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 05 Aug 2021, 2:57 pm

Downunder wrote:Anyone deal with this company out of the UK, I’m having some issues with an order ($800au), the freight company (Parcelforce (Royal Mail)) tell me the consignment has been registered or advised to them only but not scheduled for pick up, the supplier tells me it was sent (picked up 6 weeks ago, the tracking has remained at “advised” for 6 weeks now.
The consignment is for tools, nothing restricted.

If you get notified that it is "enroute",,,,,then get your credit card people to pull the pin on it.
Being on a slow boat to China as the saying goes,,,, there'd be bugger all they could do about it then.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 05 Aug 2021, 3:34 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:I would say 1967spud has a better rep than Royal Mail, and 6 weeks is nothing for wait times from the UK at the moment, even before Covid a surface mail order used to take 2 months. I have had items lost by Royal Mail in the past and their tracking was useless so all I can say is wait 8 weeks then contact the seller again and see if they can track from their end, Cheers.

I ordered a clutch slave cylinder on July 22nd and received it yesterday, two-weeks to the day.
Same with clothing and books I ordered in early July.
UK postage is excellent just now.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by pomemax » 05 Aug 2021, 4:06 pm

was it purchased via evilbay I hope so they have excellent resolution service had similar problem in the past got in touch Fixed 5 days I left a realy bad review they threatened not to fix till I removed review I let eBay know via email and it was fixed and they were banned from selling on eBay apparently they had a file on them, I think it was like a 1 or 3 months ban
If not get in touch with you credit provider and ask for a reversal NOW let them know why UK to Aus should be 3 weeks Max I bet you paid for postage airmail.

I just looked at the site it a compiler, Looks like you order from them they get from supplier or have it delivered direct they may be on Back order waiting a lot of there product seems to be comming from Brownells Usa and the like
what was it you ordered nothing way out ?
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by NTSOG » 06 Aug 2021, 7:01 am

G'day,

I purchased some bicycle parts form an English supplier about a month ago and they arrived in 12 days. My purchase of a bore scope several months back from the US took about the same time to arrive. Clearly the international mail system isn't doing too badly.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Downunder » 06 Aug 2021, 5:41 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:I would say 1967spud has a better rep than Royal Mail, and 6 weeks is nothing for wait times from the UK at the moment, even before Covid a surface mail order used to take 2 months. I have had items lost by Royal Mail in the past and their tracking was useless so all I can say is wait 8 weeks then contact the seller again and see if they can track from their end, Cheers.

Tracking hasn’t moved pared “advised“ in 6 weeks, RM says it’s not even in its system.

I ship other work related gear from the UK regularly Via RM, even with Covid it’s been no more than 4.5 weeks at the worst.

I’ve followed it up with the supplier but I was told is at odds with RM...

Regards,

Tony
Downunder
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Downunder » 06 Aug 2021, 5:46 pm

pomemax wrote:was it purchased via evilbay I hope so they have excellent resolution service had similar problem in the past got in touch Fixed 5 days I left a realy bad review they threatened not to fix till I removed review I let eBay know via email and it was fixed and they were banned from selling on eBay apparently they had a file on them, I think it was like a 1 or 3 months ban
If not get in touch with you credit provider and ask for a reversal NOW let them know why UK to Aus should be 3 weeks Max I bet you paid for postage airmail.

I just looked at the site it a compiler, Looks like you order from them they get from supplier or have it delivered direct they may be on Back order waiting a lot of there product seems to be comming from Brownells Usa and the like
what was it you ordered nothing way out ?

Ordered directly through the website.

I was thinking that the delay may be that they haven’t shipped it and are waiting on stock, I actually emailed them prior to purchase to make sure they had stock.

As it stands now they can’t resend the order because my original exhausted the stock they had they say.

Their communication has been timely but I’m not sure about their honesty in guaranteeing it was sent and in the system for delivery....
Downunder
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Downunder » 06 Aug 2021, 5:55 pm

Thanks for the replies folks, an email just now from RM confirms from their POV it’s not in their system “advised” means it’s being prepared, they say they have not been notified to pick anything up.

The supplier says they sent it on the 30/06 and their communications with RM say whilst the tracking may not be working it’s still scheduled for delivery....

Australia post tells me it can’t be moving without the tracking working either through the mail system or customs....

I’ve asked for a refund on the items the supplier can’t supply now due to being out of stock as well as a few other directly associated with them and for the balance to be sent.

I’m happy with the suppliers communication, Im just not sure whether Im getting the full storey.....
Downunder
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation