Bloody litter bugs

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Bloody litter bugs

Post by Oldbloke » 13 Aug 2021, 2:20 pm

Out of lockdown and the weather has improved. So I got up early and went for an armed bushwalk this morning.

Anyway mid-morning I stop for a cup of coffee at the ute. What do I spot? Someone's dumped 4 empty tinnies just near my parking spot. Nothing I hate more than litter bugs. I often pick rubbish in the bush. Even worse, these bastards were shooting them, no wonder shooters get a bad name.

Anyway they are in the recycling bin now.

That's my dummy spit for the week.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Bloody litter bugs

Post by Larry » 13 Aug 2021, 2:53 pm

Yes I agree for all the talk about LAFO there seems to always be quite a few that arent. Drinking and guns dont mix not just common sense but a law.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Blr243 » 13 Aug 2021, 3:03 pm

Littering is also my pet hate. Good stuff picking it up and cleaning up after others. No point hate ing rubbish But just leaving it there ...... on a couple of times I have seen people throw rubbish out of stationary cars so I have walked up and thrown it back in their window. This action would not be complete unless off course I abused them at the same time and called them filthy pigs. Once when I threw a lit cigarette but back in their car it got stuck down between the seats. They swore at me because They could not reach it and it burnt a hole In their carpet. That’s ok Stick and stones may break my bones .......a mate of mine saw a chick dump her entire ashtray contents into the kerb when she thought no one was watching. So he scooped it up and thru it allover her beautiful upholstery in her brand new bmw. Hopefully when feral people get told of by other members of the community it may prompt some of them to eventually understand that feral behaviour is unacceptable and they may even change a bit for the better
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 13 Aug 2021, 4:53 pm

Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 13 Aug 2021, 5:22 pm

Blr243 wrote:Littering is also my pet hate. Good stuff picking it up and cleaning up after others. No point hate ing rubbish But just leaving it there ...... on a couple of times I have seen people throw rubbish out of stationary cars so I have walked up and thrown it back in their window. This action would not be complete unless off course I abused them at the same time and called them filthy pigs. Once when I threw a lit cigarette but back in their car it got stuck down between the seats. They swore at me because They could not reach it and it burnt a hole In their carpet. That’s ok Stick and stones may break my bones .......a mate of mine saw a chick dump her entire ashtray contents into the kerb when she thought no one was watching. So he scooped it up and thru it allover her beautiful upholstery in her brand new bmw. Hopefully when feral people get told of by other members of the community it may prompt some of them to eventually understand that feral behaviour is unacceptable and they may even change a bit for the better

i totally agree with your stance on this , but, we have to be careful how we interact with people . don't want to escalate a situation and compromise being
"a fit and proper person " :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 13 Aug 2021, 6:29 pm

True , that was before I had a firearm licence .....maybe I could convince the magistrate that I’m fit and proper because I campaign to keep our environment free of cigarette butts
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by DaveZ » 13 Aug 2021, 6:44 pm

Larry wrote:Yes I agree for all the talk about LAFO there seems to always be quite a few that arent. Drinking and guns dont mix not just common sense but a law.

While I do agree with this sentiment, the alcohol cops just as bad a name in this scenario as the guns. The people who do these things lack respect and they are that way sober as well. It's not the drink that makes them pigs, just as the guns don't make them dangerous.
CZ455 22lr Varmint
Ruger American 243
Located Bundaberg area, looking for property to hunt on.
DaveZ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 13 Aug 2021, 6:47 pm

If you say absolutely "nothing",, but make it obvious that you are photographing the litter and their rego plate and then walk off.
Then covertly watch them.
It's amazing to see that most of em start thinking they'll be copping a fine,,,,, and then clean up their mess.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 13 Aug 2021, 7:28 pm

Die Judicii wrote:If you say absolutely "nothing",, but make it obvious that you are photographing the litter and their rego plate and then walk off.
It's amazing to see that most of em start thinking they'll be copping a fine,,,,, and then clean up their mess.

A better option I think
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by GQshayne » 13 Aug 2021, 7:44 pm

I remember as a boy, my dad's apprentice had a verbal disagreement with another bloke, who ran a stop sign and cut him off. The apprentice was built like a brick outhouse, but he was not a trouble maker. He just yelled at this bloke out his car window "you xxxxhead".

The other bloke WAS a troublemaker and followed Gary home. When dad went to visit him in hospital he could not find him, until Gary said "over here Dave". Dad said to me Gary was so badly beaten up he could not recognise him.

You just never know who you are talking to. Pays to be careful.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Shootermick » 13 Aug 2021, 8:41 pm

Blr243 wrote:Littering is also my pet hate. Good stuff picking it up and cleaning up after others. No point hate ing rubbish But just leaving it there ...... on a couple of times I have seen people throw rubbish out of stationary cars so I have walked up and thrown it back in their window. This action would not be complete unless off course I abused them at the same time and called them filthy pigs. Once when I threw a lit cigarette but back in their car it got stuck down between the seats. They swore at me because They could not reach it and it burnt a hole In their carpet. That’s ok Stick and stones may break my bones .......a mate of mine saw a chick dump her entire ashtray contents into the kerb when she thought no one was watching. So he scooped it up and thru it allover her beautiful upholstery in her brand new bmw. Hopefully when feral people get told of by other members of the community it may prompt some of them to eventually understand that feral behaviour is unacceptable and they may even change a bit for the better

Quite possibly the best thing I’ve ever read on this forum. Well done.
There’s a creek just near my place and you often see a plastic bag full of rubbish on the bridge that someone’s obviously tried to lob off the side it as they drive over it, and it hasn’t made it. I stop, go back pick it up and throw it in my bin. How I’d love to throw it back into the car it came out of. How would these people feel if you threw your rubbish over the fence into their yard in town?
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 14 Aug 2021, 7:23 am

When I was at school someone left a rucksack full of dead kittens outside the teachers office. The smell was bloody disgusting.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 14 Aug 2021, 7:26 am

Some bloke threw a coke can out the window at the traffic lights. The women in the car behind him got out of her car picked up the can and threw it in his window. The bloke didn't do anything. I was a few cars behind, was hilarious.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 14 Aug 2021, 7:42 am

The worst is to find a small camp in SF and then discover used pads or nappies near a creek or river. Another is turds and paper near camp. Too lazy to dig a hole. The pigs are out there.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 14 Aug 2021, 7:47 am

Oldbloke wrote:
Die Judicii wrote:If you say absolutely "nothing",, but make it obvious that you are photographing the litter and their rego plate and then walk off.

A better option I think

Yup , I agree. There was a case out around Ipswich west of Brisbane a few years ago where a dumper was caught out and fined. Someone went through the dumped rubbish and found mail and bank statements in the rubbish. Turns out the dumper was the head honcho of a Facebook four wheel drive club he was named and shamed online as well as the law caught up with him. The four wheeler club cleared up his rubbish as well.
A story with a happy ending :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 14 Aug 2021, 8:04 am

You guys remember the Brisbane poo jogger? The knob was on the Brisbane council advisory board.

https://www.kidspot.com.au/parenting/no ... 1e0451c9e1
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Downunder » 14 Aug 2021, 8:13 am

Littering is common these days, use to be the odd butt, then car rubbish, then garbage bags of household and now additionally fly tipping of household, building and domestic garden waste roadside by the ute and small truck load

I have no problems in confronting those who have forfeited any respect for the land.

We farmers have a new battle emerging in Vic, this bastard Andrews and his governments have change the legislation without any consultation to allow unimpeded access to crown land river frontage. This brings a whole new dimension of exposure to everything from environmental vandalism, trespass, littering, human waste contaminates, poaching, theft etc.

We won’t be tolerating the city centric governments expansion of burdens on farmers whilst they close more governmental department managed public land.
Downunder
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Lsfan » 14 Aug 2021, 9:22 am

Yeah it makes me angry. Even people throwing cigarette butts out the window. Why is it so hard to put a cigarette butt in an ashtray? Being in south west Sydney, I believe it’s about bravado, trying to show “look how tough I am, I don’t care about the law”. The same people tend to drive with the windows down, use mobile phones hand held when driving, play loud music, change lanes without using blinkers, speed, congregate where they shouldn’t, dump trolleys everywhere etc. I think a classic one is to eat your fast food in the car park, place the garbage on the ground discretely and then drive off. There is a theme of lawlessness and it angers me so much. Sorry for the rant, but there are laws to obey and some people need to be taught a good lesson.
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 14 Aug 2021, 11:25 am

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:You guys remember the Brisbane poo jogger? The knob was on the Brisbane council advisory board.

https://www.kidspot.com.au/parenting/no ... 1e0451c9e1

Pig
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 14 Aug 2021, 4:34 pm

Lsfan wrote: The same people tend to drive with the windows down, use mobile phones hand held when driving...

Is there something wrong with people that don't like being isolated from the world by enclosing themselves inside a vehicle?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lsfan » 14 Aug 2021, 5:20 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Lsfan wrote: The same people tend to drive with the windows down, use mobile phones hand held when driving...

Is there something wrong with people that don't like being isolated from the world by enclosing themselves inside a vehicle?

I’m referring to people making themselves a public nuisance by driving with the windows down through built up areas playing loud music, speeding, swearing in front of women and children etc. and generally breaking the law. The same type of people that don’t respect others or the environment by leaving their rubbish everywhere.
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 14 Aug 2021, 5:32 pm

Lsfan wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

I’m referring to people making themselves a public nuisance by driving with the windows down through built up areas playing loud music, speeding, swearing in front of women and children etc. and generally breaking the law. The same type of people that don’t respect others or the environment by leaving their rubbish everywhere.

Oh, I have the windows down, but I don't play music in cars, I prefer to concentrate on what I'm doing :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lsfan » 14 Aug 2021, 7:35 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Lsfan wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Oh, I have the windows down, but I don't play music in cars, I prefer to concentrate on what I'm doing :-)

I play music, but if I feel the need to turn it up loud, I make sure my windows are up.
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 14 Aug 2021, 9:11 pm

Downunder wrote:
We farmers have a new battle emerging in Vic, this bastard Andrews and his governments have change the legislation without any consultation to allow unimpeded access to crown land river frontage. This brings a whole new dimension of exposure to everything from environmental vandalism, trespass, littering, human waste contaminates, poaching, theft etc.

Surely this could be successfully challenged due to the wording "as you describe it"

"unimpeded access to crown land river frontage"

One would think that ACCESS could be gained simply by following the river/watercourse which is all crown land without the necessity to cross,,, PRIVATE PROPERTY to get there. :unknown:

Therefore creating a win win situation.
The governing authorities should've simply worded it in such a way,,,,,,,,, but, silly me.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Downunder » 15 Aug 2021, 7:44 am

Die Judicii wrote:
Downunder wrote:

Surely this could be successfully challenged due to the wording "as you describe it"

"unimpeded access to crown land river frontage"

One would think that ACCESS could be gained simply by following the river/watercourse which is all crown land without the necessity to cross,,, PRIVATE PROPERTY to get there. :unknown:

Therefore creating a win win situation.
The governing authorities should've simply worded it in such a way,,,,,,,,, but, silly me.

My apologies my comment wasn’t entirely clear, unimpeded access relates to now being able to utilise other government easements such as ungazetted road easements through farmers land to gain access to river frontage.

We pay a licence fee for the privilege of maintaining the frontage free from weeds, rubbish and decline which includes plant backs and fencing, we mange fuel loads to reduce and mitigate the spread of fire and now we are told we are to allow access across our land and manage the frontages of public users who can free camp for up to 28 days, not likely.

There’s no win for farmers when the unregulated general public is involved.

We’ll fight it on 2 fronts, in the courts and on the ground.
Downunder
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 15 Aug 2021, 8:21 am

I can understand farmers concerns. It just takes a few to really screw it for everyone.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation