Returns of "goods" getting harder.

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Returns of "goods" getting harder.

Post by Die Judicii » 16 Aug 2021, 10:56 pm

Anybody noticed that there is an ever increasing method of packaging that (according to most vendors) but not necessarily consumer law,,,,
that makes life difficult in returning goods for whatever reason.
Most vendors try to insist that returned goods must be in original packaging,,,,, undamaged and unmolested.

Dammmmmmm hard, when they come in packaging that has to be "literally" destroyed to even get the item out.

I bought two items today,,, and both are packed in such a way that there is literally no other way of getting them out without destroying the packaging.
( if I had to return them,, due to faulty etc. )

:crazy: :unknown: :unknown: :unknown:
Last edited by Die Judicii on 17 Aug 2021, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Returns of "goods" getting harder.

Post by deye243 » 16 Aug 2021, 11:43 pm

Not fit for purpose is exactly that regardless of how it is packed
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by NTSOG » 17 Aug 2021, 7:12 am

G'day,

Surely the packaging around items we buy is designed by the producers and vendors for security, thus is specific to their needs. We buy the goods inside the packaging, thus what happens to the packaging after we take possession is not our problem.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 17 Aug 2021, 7:43 am

If I buy a bricklayer's trowel for the purpose of chopping down trees and then after some exertion I decide it is "not fit for purpose" then whose fault is that, assuming of course that the vendor did not make such a claim.
Nearly all Australian consumer law only recognises defective goods or defective descriptions by vendors.
It is completely silent regarding defective purchasers.
If the goods themselves are defective then the vendor has no claim over packaging. Things may be different if somebody is returning due to change of whim.
The fact that some vendors have fairly liberal return policies does not mean that all vendors are obliged to do so.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by JohnV » 19 Aug 2021, 9:00 pm

You can also got to consumer affairs and make a claim on a product after the warranty has expired if the product never gave reasonable service . It can't be years after it expired but if something expensive has 12 month warranty and it break's down at 14 months they can be forced to replace it or refund your money or part there off .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by yoshie » 21 Aug 2021, 4:14 pm

you have ever right to return something you've bought if it's faulty
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 21 Aug 2021, 4:20 pm

Did you see Toyota announce they will cut their production of cars by 40% due to computer chip shortages? Literally everything has computer chips in them.

Give me my no computer, drum brake, vinyl seats, leaded petrol, no power steering HQ Monaro any day thanks
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by yoshie » 21 Aug 2021, 5:41 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:Did you see Toyota announce they will cut their production of cars by 40% due to computer chip shortages? Literally everything has computer chips in them.

Give me my no computer, drum brake, vinyl seats, leaded petrol, no power steering HQ Monaro any day thanks

Yeah I agree, I ran a '92 Suzuki Sierra for 10 years.
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 21 Aug 2021, 5:55 pm

Here is the article about Toyota.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-20/ ... /100392630

Second hand cars and a lot of other things are drastically rising in value. The hyper inflation and supply shortages are upon us.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bah! » 21 Aug 2021, 8:57 pm

Lols, my car has a fully mechanical diesel, I can run it on anything with a cetane value, chips are for chumps.
bah!
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Return to Off topic - General conversation