The "Graveyard of Empires" strikes again

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: The "Graveyard of Empires" strikes again

Post by RoginaJack » 18 Aug 2021, 4:17 pm

Nah, these guys were far too young for that era. Looked up to date..
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by JohnV » 18 Aug 2021, 6:00 pm

cz515 wrote:Jees mate where do you get your information You are so wrong on so many fronts.

My suggestion is google a place called Gwadar. China is already operating the deep sea port and have built a shiny road through the middle of Pakistan under a program called CPEC.

The last news I heard Pakistan was puling out of that deal . I know there is a port facility at Gwadar but I was under the impression Pakistan is running it not China but I could be wrong .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by disco stu » 18 Aug 2021, 6:21 pm

Can't help thinking of this song with all this discussion

https://youtu.be/1dGuiWGHFsI
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 18 Aug 2021, 9:58 pm

You do realise Betoota is a satirical news site
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 18 Aug 2021, 10:10 pm

JohnV wrote:
cz515 wrote:Jees mate where do you get your information You are so wrong on so many fronts.

My suggestion is google a place called Gwadar. China is already operating the deep sea port and have built a shiny road through the middle of Pakistan under a program called CPEC.

The last news I heard Pakistan was puling out of that deal . I know there is a port facility at Gwadar but I was under the impression Pakistan is running it not China but I could be wrong .

You are mistaken.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Downunder » 20 Aug 2021, 6:30 am

I’ll reflect again on the decisions that facilitated the Taliban to enslave, torture, rape and murder women and girls when white ribbon political season rolls around again....
Downunder
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Downunder » 20 Aug 2021, 7:55 am

Downunder
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 20 Aug 2021, 1:08 pm

The only way to win a war of insurgency is to do what the British did to the Boers. Put people in concentration camps then kill everybody outside of the camps. Sounds brutal but that is just history. Nation building never works and wars of insurgency should never be attempted. Unless you are the people being occupied.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 20 Aug 2021, 5:56 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:The only way to win a war of insurgency is to do what the British did to the Boers. Put people in concentration camps then kill everybody outside of the camps. Sounds brutal but that is just history. Nation building never works and wars of insurgency should never be attempted. Unless you are the people being occupied.

i agree .and after reading the new book out on breaker morant , i think the boer war is one of the most unjustified disgusting acts of the british empire . i have no disrespect for those that served , but the empires greed and what it did to the boers was unjust :thumbsdown:

i read a news article today that the taliban have been using chairman Mao's playbook on guirilla warfare and insurgency . there moves and propoganda mimic mao which is why they won out in the long haul
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Bill » 20 Aug 2021, 6:40 pm

The Taliban have been celebrating for a while ........ :wtf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKQGnWPq0y0
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 21 Aug 2021, 12:33 am

There's one positive... they seem to be sticking to their word by allowing people to leave.
I feel for those who won't be able to, living under those barbaric laws is no place for anyone.

As for that former leader bugging out with a chopper full of cash and 4 cars.... perfect example of prime greed
#priorities
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 21 Aug 2021, 12:38 am

Bill wrote:The Taliban have been celebrating for a while ........ :wtf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKQGnWPq0y0

The goat dance
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by cz515 » 21 Aug 2021, 11:14 am

Why do ya'll care, there are bigger problems in Australia with Chairman Dan and his Billy goat McGowan. And the army in NSW.

the problems always come once you start sticking your nose in other people's affairs. We get s**ty when China tells us we should do XYZ.

what right do we have to go into a country, invade it and install our puppet government in there.

When are we going to learn that going into countries and forcing our values just does not work.

Now in time of cronavirus we are letting in thousands of Afghans, all while 40k plus Australian are stranded overseas, in some cases without any income, parents and children separated, children from 1 year to 60 year old
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 21 Aug 2021, 4:04 pm

bigrich wrote:
i agree .and after reading the new book out on breaker morant , i think the boer war is one of the most unjustified disgusting acts of the british empire . i have no disrespect for those that served , but the empires greed and what it did to the boers was unjust :thumbsdown:

i read a news article today that the taliban have been using chairman Mao's playbook on guerilla warfare and insurgency . there moves and propaganda mimic mao which is why they won out in the long haul

I will have to check out that new Morant book mate. Taliban are defiantly playing the long game. Same as the Viet Cong did. The solider goes over and does his tour of duty(deployment) and goes home(if he is lucky). Whilst the Taliban fighter lives and breaths it for decade after decade. Every single drone strike hardeners his resolve and breads a never ending circle of violence.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by albat » 21 Aug 2021, 10:02 pm

Coronavius was the final straw for the yanks a 300 million dollar a day fiasco they could no longer afford looking like russia are next cab off the rank , short memory indeed
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by womble » 22 Aug 2021, 4:46 am

Russia have already been there done that. Learnt the hard way.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 22 Aug 2021, 7:23 am

cz515 wrote:Why do ya'll care, there are bigger problems in Australia with Chairman Dan and his Billy goat McGowan. And the army in NSW.

the problems always come once you start sticking your nose in other people's affairs. We get s**ty when China tells us we should do XYZ.

what right do we have to go into a country, invade it and install our puppet government in there.

When are we going to learn that going into countries and forcing our values just does not work.

Now in time of cronavirus we are letting in thousands of Afghans, all while 40k plus Australian are stranded overseas, in some cases without any income, parents and children separated, children from 1 year to 60 year old

good points :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 22 Aug 2021, 7:24 am

womble wrote:Russia have already been there done that. Learnt the hard way.

the USA shoulda learned after vietnam and the puppet regimes they propped up in south america :unknown:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 22 Aug 2021, 8:50 am

Mate they won't learn as they have a messiah complex. Plus the size of their army increases in times of low employment and recession and bigger armies need a reason to exist.... hence war

The only issue is, the bully needs supporters and Australian politicians like to feel they are powerful... like the small dog syndrome.

Australia got no benefit from its fight in middle East, Afghanistan and now China..... but we sure as he'll paid a big price. It's a fact you can deny... but can't change
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 22 Aug 2021, 12:21 pm

bigrich wrote:

i read a news article today that the taliban have been using chairman Mao's playbook on guirilla warfare and insurgency . there moves and propoganda mimic mao which is why they won out in the long haul

The Boer War was appalling. The Union of South Africa was another dumb idea that as we see 100 plus years later isn't working well.

If you can find it there is an excellent four part Boer War documentary that was done in the 1990s. They still very able to find a few old folks that had memories of it as a child, which was very cool.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 22 Aug 2021, 2:48 pm

Vietnam asked for help.
And every country that America has tried to help have begged for their help.
And in diplomacy also worldwide, America also always spreads the message of free democracy.
The wars have’nt had the intended outcomes for big lists of reasons, but not least of all America has powerful enemies always supporting the other side.
Every casualty they suffered died for noble causes, for a free world for all in peace and prosperity.
Evil prevailed as is more often the case than not in our cruel world.
But they still went to battle it. They still faced it. Bravest people this world has ever known,.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by disco stu » 22 Aug 2021, 4:17 pm

bigrich wrote:
womble wrote:Russia have already been there done that. Learnt the hard way.

the USA shoulda learned after vietnam and the puppet regimes they propped up in south america :unknown:

After ww1 the allies went to Russia to help fight the communists. The same lessons were learnt then and that was 100 yrs ago now
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by ZaineB » 22 Aug 2021, 5:20 pm

elephant in the room here is the religion starting with "I", no peace till thats gone. and dont care what geopolitical nonsense you wanna throw around, its the root of all trouble in that part of the world.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by womble » 22 Aug 2021, 5:58 pm

Just get everyone out that we like.
And any women that are hot.
Then nuke it.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 22 Aug 2021, 8:25 pm

ZaineB wrote:elephant in the room here is the religion starting with "I", no peace till thats gone. and dont care what geopolitical nonsense you wanna throw around, its the root of all trouble in that part of the world.

Ahh thanks someone who finally gets it

The British fought the French, the Portuguese, the German, the Russians, sheet the list goes on but suffice to say excluding the WW1/2 in the 20th century alone the list is over 20 countries.

The Americans fought the Mexicans, the Spanish, the Korean, the Vietnamese, the Japanese, the Iraqi, the Afghans, the Russians, among themselves. And probably another 20 odd countries they were involved in some type of armed conflict.

:welcome:

But you are upset with some cave dwellers whose country you invaded, just like they did in Israel/Palestine.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bah! » 22 Aug 2021, 9:29 pm

cz515 wrote:
But you are upset with some cave dwellers whose country you invaded, just like they did in Israel/Palestine.

zing
bah!
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by cz515 » 23 Aug 2021, 7:58 am

IMG-20210823-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20210823-WA0003.jpg (96.14 KiB) Viewed 2855 times

Click on it to see the full picture
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation