Zombie Apocalypse - look like it's started

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Zombie Apocalypse - look like it's started

Post by rc42 » 06 Sep 2021, 3:35 pm

Not quite what the movies have been predicting but I saw some youtube videos taken from a car driving through the city streets of Philadelphia and the number of homeless and seemingly mindless meth addicts aimlessly wandering the streets or collapsed in a heap anywhere they happened to be is jaw dropping and depressing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ3BtEp9REE

Here in Oz the homeless are moved on whenever they are seen by police, nobody really knows where they move on to and police and government certainly don't seem to care but things in these videos are a whole new scale.
It also appears that the economic impact of covid has put a lot more people onto the streets where crime, violence and drugs is all that their futures hold.

Scenes like this coming to cities near all of us maybe?
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Re: Zombie Apocalypse - look like it's started

Post by Harrynsw » 06 Sep 2021, 3:55 pm

Flakka is its name. The zombie drug. Cheap and very destructive.
https://www.rn.com/headlines-in-health/ ... mbie-drug/
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Bugman » 06 Sep 2021, 3:59 pm

Yes your quite right about the impact from Covid, especially on the homeless. You just have to look at the number of rental properties, especially units, that are for rent, because no one wants to rent or can afford to for fear of a Covid outbreak in that complex. Just the tip of the iceberg and obviously more to come. Maybe, just maybe, this will be a lesson for us all in all aspects of society.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Larry » 06 Sep 2021, 5:20 pm

Apart from the walking dead the rubbish on the streets is worse than third world places i have been to.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by bladeracer » 06 Sep 2021, 5:48 pm

rc42 wrote:Not quite what the movies have been predicting but I saw some youtube videos taken from a car driving through the city streets of Philadelphia and the number of homeless and seemingly mindless meth addicts aimlessly wandering the streets or collapsed in a heap anywhere they happened to be is jaw dropping and depressing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ3BtEp9REE

Here in Oz the homeless are moved on whenever they are seen by police, nobody really knows where they move on to and police and government certainly don't seem to care but things in these videos are a whole new scale.
It also appears that the economic impact of covid has put a lot more people onto the streets where crime, violence and drugs is all that their futures hold.

Scenes like this coming to cities near all of us maybe?

I follow some Youtube "auditors" in the UK and homelessness is pretty dire there also.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by pomemax » 06 Sep 2021, 6:20 pm

Flakka is its not a banned drug in the us YET what ffffffffffffffffffffff Its made they think in "China" sells for $3-5 a time you can see what it doing and they have to respect peoples right to take it if they wish.
Have politicians gone mad watch the second clip what they have decriminalized sleeping in tents in city Defecating anywhere Drug use Prostitution .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j73cjA1IcJw
can you imagine if that was out front of you house
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 06 Sep 2021, 7:37 pm

Larry wrote:Apart from the walking dead the rubbish on the streets is worse than third world places i have been to.

Yep, according to many who study or read good old Nostradamus,,,,, the belief is that he predicted AIDS as the end of society as we know it
due to huge losses of life from the virus.
Even to some drawings that he apparently made that have a striking resemblance of the AIDS virus as seen under modern microscopes.

He apparently wrote of "weeds growing prolifically in the streets due to there not being enough people/workers to combat the problems.

I'm simply wondering if he just got AIDS and our current VIRUS problem confused and mixed up. :unknown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Bill » 06 Sep 2021, 9:05 pm

Looks like the War on Drugs was a Success...
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by ZaineB » 06 Sep 2021, 9:09 pm

yep Philadelphia the liberal ******.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by ZaineB » 06 Sep 2021, 9:11 pm

Larry wrote:Apart from the walking dead the rubbish on the streets is worse than third world places i have been to.

new york and portland are the same.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by ZaineB » 06 Sep 2021, 9:17 pm

Die Judicii wrote:

Yep, according to many who study or read good old Nostradamus,,,,, the belief is that he predicted AIDS as the end of society as we know it
Even to some drawings that he apparently made that have a striking resemblance of the AIDS virus as seen under modern microscopes.

He apparently wrote of "weeds growing prolifically in the streets due to there not being enough people/workers to combat the problems.

I'm simply wondering if he just got AIDS and our current VIRUS problem confused and mixed up. :unknown:

Nostradamus was also completely full of sh*t almost all the time, keep making proclamations eventually some will come true, just like a drunk guy hitting on chicks, play the odds one will be keen for mindless fun.

what we are instead seeing is something that blind freddy could predict in the eventuation of every empire/epoch the age of decadence is well and truly upon us and has been since the start of the modern nuclear era. there isnt an empire/kingdom/epoch/nation that hasn't fallen to its own decadence. biggest driver of ours, left wing pervs and drug addicts forcing change to suit their perverse ideology and rejecting all that keeps society civil and has done time and time again throughout the millennia
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by womble » 07 Sep 2021, 3:52 am

Just throwaway people in an intensely competitive capitalist society.
What use are they if they don’t consume. They have no value.
Or in fairness this is the only value they have left, to build wealth for the drug dealers.
Some are there by bad choices, some were born into it and never found a way out.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 07 Sep 2021, 3:55 am

ZaineB wrote:
Die Judicii wrote:

Nostradamus was also completely full of sh*t almost all the time, keep making proclamations eventually some will come true, just like a drunk guy hitting on chicks, play the odds one will be keen for mindless fun.

what we are instead seeing is something that blind freddy could predict in the eventuation of every empire/epoch the age of decadence is well and truly upon us and has been since the start of the modern nuclear era. there isnt an empire/kingdom/epoch/nation that hasn't fallen to its own decadence. biggest driver of ours, left wing pervs and drug addicts forcing change to suit their perverse ideology and rejecting all that keeps society civil and has done time and time again throughout the millennia

Haha. Did it start with the birth of rock and roll. Elvis’s hip movements.
I’m not saying you’re wrong though.
But religion and ideology dose’nt protect people from consumerism and greed. The dollar wins every time.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by northdude » 07 Sep 2021, 8:18 am

we are seeing it more and more here as well. Problem is its all good and well moving them on but where do you go when you have no where to go???
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by Die Judicii » 07 Sep 2021, 12:29 pm

northdude wrote:we are seeing it more and more here as well. Problem is its all good and well moving them on but where do you go when you have no where to go???

Is that exactly the same,,,,,,,,,, only different ?

:unknown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by disco stu » 07 Sep 2021, 3:23 pm

ZaineB wrote:

new york and portland are the same.

New York stink bad as well, like rotting things and urine mixed together. Couldn't believe people idolised that city. Absolutely no care from people to other people except if they wanted something from them. Made me appreciate Sydney more, but I'm still no city boy. don't remember Philadelphia being like that but then I was not in the area in the video.

Funny story. Was hanging out in Central Park as I couldn't stand the city any longer. A guy came up to me handing out CDs saying he was trying to get his band out there. I took one and said I would give it a listen and hand it around, then he awkwardly said he's actually looking for tips for it. when I said of got no cash at all he took the CD back and walked off! That typified every interaction I had in that city
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 08 Sep 2021, 1:41 am

Philadelphia is a democrat party run craphole. Like with other democrat run cities they really don't bother to prosecute offenders for crimes in a lot of cases. The District Attorney is a complete slimeball. There are ok parts of Philadelphia but some places you better stay out of.

The main problem is Fentanyl from China flooding everywhere, that's likely what all these people are on. It's worse than heroin and once on it, you are pretty much a goner. I guess the people bent over are technically unconscious from the drug but yet standing up.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 08 Sep 2021, 4:25 am

Thanks for clearing that up wanneroo. Yes it looks like opioids.
I guess that’s what’s coming here next when the crystal meth fades out. It only needs to be cheaper to be a roaring success.
Heroin was pretty bad here 30 odd years ago, we saw similar images but not on that scale.
But fentanyl is 100 times stronger. They’d genuinely have no idea where they were or what they were doing. They’d feel nothing.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Bill » 08 Sep 2021, 8:35 am

Sex, Drugs and Guns... easy access to all of them. We want our freedoms, the good old USA

You dont see drug addicts on the streets of the major cities in China, drug dealers get taken away and executed, take away the supply chain.....
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by ZaineB » 08 Sep 2021, 11:30 am

Bill wrote:Sex, Drugs and Guns... easy access to all of them. We want our freedoms, the good old USA

You dont see drug addicts on the streets of the major cities in China, drug dealers get taken away and executed, take away the supply chain.....

there is only one way to combat illicit drug sales, and it is making those who sell abundantly aware that they are going to die if they do it, no doubts, no ifs no buts, Philippines achieved this under Rodrigo Duterte and the place has been utterly transformed, places where gangs funded by illicit drugs terrorized the streets are now back to being friendly, albeit poor, areas, how do I know? I have a neighbor, friends, relatives and coworkers from these areas, I also sit on a board of a committee responsible for distribution of funds to at risk kids and elderly people in these same areas. Its far from something I would attribute to China, if anything China has the most to answer for relating to illicit drugs on the entire planet, I am guessing by your comments and a few others you have made, that you have an affection for China, however this is sadly misplaced as they are the number 1 polluter, number 1 human rights violator, number 1 exploiters of impoverished, number 1 illicit drug manufacturer and distributor, and number 1 aggressor. A far and distant cry from anything noble by an order of magnitude.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by on_one_wheel » 08 Sep 2021, 1:28 pm

Totally agree.
We're far too soft on crime in Australia, gangs are targeting this country because it's highly profitable and soft AF.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 08 Sep 2021, 4:52 pm

Duterte gave out free handguns to anyone who would shoot drug dealers.
He’s a wild and crazy guy :D
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by NTSOG » 08 Sep 2021, 6:30 pm

one_on_one wheel: "We're far too soft on crime in Australia, gangs are targeting this country because it's highly profitable and soft AF."

Yes but PW sentencing gives the social welfare 'set' excellent and ongoing employment as they run their generally useless restorative justice programs and sing kumbaya to all the poor, needy and helpless crims who just need love and understanding.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by ZaineB » 08 Sep 2021, 6:35 pm

womble wrote:Duterte gave out free handguns to anyone who would shoot drug dealers.
He’s a wild and crazy guy :D

citation? I know more than ample people from here, not one was offered a firearm, many I know are in law enforcement, sounds like BS to me, besides anyone with means in the Philippines owns a firearm already, or many, from pistols to full autos, so I'm not buying it mate.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by womble » 08 Sep 2021, 6:56 pm

Old news, don’t actually know if he went ahead with it. Was open season on drug dealers though.
https://www.businessinsider.com/r-philippines-aims-to-arm-community-leaders-to-help-fight-crime-drugs-2018-6?r=AU&IR=T
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by ZaineB » 08 Sep 2021, 8:33 pm

womble wrote:Old news, don’t actually know if he went ahead with it. Was open season on drug dealers though.
https://www.businessinsider.com/r-philippines-aims-to-arm-community-leaders-to-help-fight-crime-drugs-2018-6?r=AU&IR=T

the reality of what went on and the reports in almost all media outside the Philippines are mostly in polar opposites. there was an across the board wipe, corrupt police forces were sacked and prosecuted, drug kingpins were arrested or shot if they resisted, drug dealers were arrested or shot if they resisted, serial drug offenders were given a single chance to basically repent of their habits and criminal behavior lest they were arrested or shot if they resisted, all he really did was mandate that immediate action is taken and that anyone involved in the distribution of narcotics were either arrested or neutralized, anyone that has been to SEA would know that trying to take a soft approach on such an issue is a gross misuse of taxpayer funds and government resources and would achieve nothing, as it does the world over, no one needs illicit drugs and those that use them are weak and pathetic, for whatever reason, if they're an adult their drug use is their fault no one else's. and they should be dealt with accordingly.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by Patriot » 09 Sep 2021, 5:33 pm

F#ckin rubbish left right and centre.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Downunder » 10 Sep 2021, 8:33 am

Very few people give a s**t about those struggling with life. Many pay lip service though for another smiley stamp on their social passport.
Downunder
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 10 Sep 2021, 12:55 pm

and, in south east asian countries, life could well be considered cheap, especially with those of lower economic social standing.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 10 Sep 2021, 11:38 pm

Downunder wrote:Very few people give a s**t about those struggling with life. Many pay lip service though for another smiley stamp on their social passport.

The reality is that no one cares about you so you better step up and make your own life as best as you can. When times go bad in your life is when you find out who your friends are and most of the time you don't have as many friends as you think.

I see a lot of people engage in these destructive behaviors to get attention and it might get negative attention but it never helps them.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation