Australia, attack dog and what's the benefit

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Australia, attack dog and what's the benefit

Post by bigrich » 22 Sep 2021, 6:29 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Soooo,,, hang on. We are making some sh1t here.

rheinmetals tank. Ipswich
Drones. Toowoomba
Bush master , Bendigo
Destroyers few yrs ago Williamstown
Bombs and ammo at Benalla
Explosives/powder at Mulwulla
Lithgow. Rifles
Missile testing @ woomera
And I think ammo nioa?

rheinmetal also have a munitions factory north of brisbane as well :clap: :thumbsup:

edit , we got tommahawk and latest technology missles coming from the yanks . to be manufactered here soon apparently . i'd love to see a enemy ship captains face when the last thing he see's is a "australian made" sticker on the nose of one of our missles :lol:
Last edited by bigrich on 22 Sep 2021, 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 22 Sep 2021, 6:31 pm

ZaineB wrote:Personally I would like to see even more diversification in our armament and munitions productions, we should have multiple plants doing each thing, whole thing stinks of all eggs in one basket type deal at the moment.

unfortunately due to our population /budget that's probably not feasable , but hidden ammo stashes throughout the country would be a good idea
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Sep 2021, 7:03 pm

bigrich wrote:
ZaineB wrote:Personally I would like to see even more diversification in our armament and munitions productions, we should have multiple plants doing each thing, whole thing stinks of all eggs in one basket type deal at the moment.

unfortunately due to our population /budget that's probably not feasable , but hidden ammo stashes throughout the country would be a good idea

I agree BR.

Perhaps we are being a bit too negative. There is a bit happening.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Sep 2021, 7:12 pm

There's a few little Aussie joints making military stuff around the place.

Lithgow arms comes to mind with their F90 & F90MBR

Here in SA, Edinburgh Defence Precinct is apparently busy, there was (possibility still is) a private co. building armoured military vehicles down that way.
Weapons development has ramped up at Woomera SA, who knows exactly what's happening our there but every time I pass Woomera it's busy.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 22 Sep 2021, 7:18 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
bigrich wrote:

I agree BR.

and this is just what we know about ..... ;)
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Sep 2021, 7:38 pm

We've made some awesome boats here too
images (23).jpeg
images (23).jpeg (36.67 KiB) Viewed 2979 times
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Sep 2021, 8:34 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:There's a few little Aussie joints making military stuff around the place.

Here in SA, Edinburgh Defence Precinct is apparently busy, there was (possibility still is) a private co. building armoured military vehicles down that way.
Weapons development has ramped up at Woomera SA, who knows exactly what's happening our there but every time I pass Woomera it's busy.

They are back into missiles/rockets.

Believe it or not, I worked with a chemist who worked there in the 60s/70s when they first started out.

Very smart and great bloke, but wired a bit differently :lol:
Sadly passed away about 3 years ago. We lost a lot that day.

Woomera is on my bucket list along with Maralinga
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Sep 2021, 8:36 pm

bigrich wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:
bigrich wrote:

I agree BR.

and this is just what we know about ..... ;)

You can bet your left nut that right
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Sep 2021, 8:57 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:There's a few little Aussie joints making military stuff around the place.

Believe it or not, I worked with a chemist who worked there in the 60s/70s when they first started out.

I pass through at least every year, we do a lap through the station country from Andamooka up over Lake Torrens to Farina and back down through the Flinders Ranges.
My mother grew up in Woomera with my Grandparents both working there, Grandad for special weapons development and Nan as a human computer.
I always cut a lap through Woomera and check out the displays of rockets and planes.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Sep 2021, 10:16 pm

Yep, want to see the museum..

Did you inherit their brains?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 23 Sep 2021, 5:52 am

Oldbloke wrote:Did you inherit their brains?

Redoing his posts, and style of arguments... sadly nope :sarcasm:
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Marlin44 » 23 Sep 2021, 7:47 am

bigrich wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:Soooo,,, hang on. We are making some sh1t here.

rheinmetals tank. Ipswich
Drones. Toowoomba
Bush master , Bendigo
Destroyers few yrs ago Williamstown
Bombs and ammo at Benalla
Explosives/powder at Mulwulla
Lithgow. Rifles
Missile testing @ woomera
And I think ammo nioa?

rheinmetal also have a munitions factory north of brisbane as well :clap: :thumbsup:

edit , we got tommahawk and latest technology missles coming from the yanks . to be manufactered here soon apparently . i'd love to see a enemy ship captains face when the last thing he see's is a "australian made" sticker on the nose of one of our missles :lol:

NIOA are NOT manufacturing ammo.
The Rheinmetal / NIOA facility north of Brisbane is a foundry, that will produce steel shell cases for large calibre eg:155mm
Marlin44
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 23 Sep 2021, 10:03 am

Oldbloke wrote:Yep, want to see the museum..

Sometimes I wonder.
I'm either one of a limited few in the room smart enough to understand what's going on or I'm too stupid to know just how wrong I am :unknown:
Perhaps I sit somewhere in the middle?
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by boingk » 23 Sep 2021, 3:13 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:Yep, want to see the museum..

Sometimes I wonder.
I'm either one of a limited few in the room smart enough to understand what's going on or I'm too stupid to know just how wrong I am :unknown:
Perhaps I sit somewhere in the middle?

The mere fact you're paying attention decidedly puts your toward the top of the stack. Understanding means you're likely *at* the top with the few other percentage points of people who sit there.

Meanwhile, on the neutral theory...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNXwew5vn2Y

And for those who don't like links or videos:

Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by niteowl » 23 Sep 2021, 3:25 pm

Oldbloke wrote:

Was that Mike J.....?

niteowl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by cz515 » 23 Sep 2021, 3:33 pm

I don't know nothing I am taking about... except here is some criticism from experts. P

https://www.aspistrategist.org.au/the-h ... cellation/

And for a bit more of a think
https://www.aspistrategist.org.au/how-t ... 1-edition/

And the leasing idea came from them. I do think it might be sarcasm. Any way why would America lease or sell a nuclear submarine for $5b when Australia will happily pay $20 billion for them.... American Subs built by American companies in America, assembled by American companies using Australian workers. :lol: :lol:
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by boingk » 23 Sep 2021, 4:20 pm

Direct quote:

First Article wrote:On the one hand, the government should be applauded for abandoning a program that was clearly deficient in its provision of the Australian Defence Force’s strategic requirements.

Second Article wrote:I’ll admit to being surprised when Australia announced the termination of the deal with Naval Group to build the Attack-class submarines. Not because I thought that shouldn’t happen—I’m on the record as saying that it looked like a seriously risky project from the start

Both go on to say that small/medium business may suffer long term, and that we would do well to leverage our partners in the US and UK in building and operating the nuke boats.

Well. That was a lot of reading for a small gain?

Fair points, but I will say obvious ones. No-one likes sinking 2.4Bn into half a decade of a project and seeing it go nowhere, but when the end outcome is only to spend more money and time for a result that is sub-par then the question should be asked; why would you?

If France is pissy so be it. Have a better product in a more timely manner and we would've stayed.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by bigrich » 23 Sep 2021, 5:17 pm

boingk wrote:Direct quote:

First Article wrote:On the one hand, the government should be applauded for abandoning a program that was clearly deficient in its provision of the Australian Defence Force’s strategic requirements.

Second Article wrote:I’ll admit to being surprised when Australia announced the termination of the deal with Naval Group to build the Attack-class submarines. Not because I thought that shouldn’t happen—I’m on the record as saying that it looked like a seriously risky project from the start

Both go on to say that small/medium business may suffer long term, and that we would do well to leverage our partners in the US and UK in building and operating the nuke boats.

Well. That was a lot of reading for a small gain?

Fair points, but I will say obvious ones. No-one likes sinking 2.4Bn into half a decade of a project and seeing it go nowhere, but when the end outcome is only to spend more money and time for a result that is sub-par then the question should be asked; why would you?

If France is pissy so be it. Have a better product in a more timely manner and we would've stayed.

- boingk

agreed, minor details compared to the strategic capabilities of getting USA/UK spec nuke subs . i think the goal of having cutting edge equipment to counter threats is paramount . any student of history would know the german equipment was far superior to allied stuff . the only reason they lost was poor strategy because of hitler's meddling and the fact the russians and allies outproduced germany in qauntity . allied tank and bomber crews suffered horrendous losses . now before cz515 comes back with the sheer number of the chinese military our navy army will be offset with more advanced technology , as well as support from allies

cz515 needs to stop reading "the peoples daily news" and believing all off president Xi's propoganda . seriously , your debating all these little points when the end results are a far better outcome for the capabilities of our armed forces . i suppose we shouldn't get any new fighter jets and go back to tiger moth biplanes cause the bottom line and local content is better . if he was still alive , i'd like to send you off to boot camp under "the gunny" , lee r emery
he'd sort out your priorities :P

and yes the french are not happy . their ambassador says , "i fart in your general direction you sons of english peoples ....."
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 23 Sep 2021, 5:25 pm

and yes the french are not happy . their ambassador says , "i fart in your general direction you sons of english peoples ....."

Me thinks their country is run along the lines of Monty Python. Maybe they are worried that they will have to be bailed out of a third world war? :oops:
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 23 Sep 2021, 7:22 pm

Bugman wrote:and yes the french are not happy . their ambassador says , "i fart in your general direction you sons of english peoples ....."

Me thinks their country is run along the lines of Monty Python. Maybe they are worried that they will have to be bailed out of a third world war? :oops:

:lol:
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

The french invented the art of being offended, anyhow we don't want a sub designed to be its most efficient in reverse with it's reverse lever labelled "RETREAT"
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 23 Sep 2021, 8:05 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
Bugman wrote:and yes the french are not happy . their ambassador says , "i fart in your general direction you sons of english peoples ....."

:lol:
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

The french invented the art of being offended, anyhow we don't want a sub designed to be its most efficient in reverse with it's reverse lever labelled "RETREAT"

not "retreat" , it's "RUN AWAY , RUN AWAY ......" i guess we're lucky they didn't fall for the trojan rabbit :lol:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 29 Sep 2021, 3:01 pm

https://youtu.be/MTCqXlDjx18

Lol, sometimes comedy says it so well that I could be preaching for hours when a 90sec clip says more.

Only watch if you are intelligent
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by womble » 29 Sep 2021, 3:18 pm

Would’nt complain if we had the same alliance with France that we do with the US
Would probably prefer that actually.
I would’nt like to see the legion on our soil unless absolutely necessary, but if so that’s who I’d want fighting on our team.
I don’t think China would mess with France either. I don’t think anyone would. The French will act if provoked or threatened. And they would not hold back anything. Plus they don’t listen to anyone.
As much as i enjoy the ww2 surrender jokes, theres two countries on earth you don’t mess with even a little bit. That would be France and Israel. Neither would show any restraint.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 29 Sep 2021, 3:32 pm

cz515 wrote:https://youtu.be/MTCqXlDjx18

Lol, sometimes comedy says it so well that I could be preaching for hours when a 90sec clip says more.

so your trying to continue a argument based on half truths and selective facts :wtf: i watched the link , i consider myself inteligent . satirical comedy from the ABC doesn't carry the facts . yes we trade with china, to what extent in the future is debateable . the south china sea is also a trade route for vietnam , indonesesia and japan , among others . you don't seem to acknowledege china's aggressive behaviour and recently, threats of missle strikes against our nation . for what ? calling for a enquiry on the origins of covid ? for daring to upgrade our military capabilities to provide better defence for our nation ?
can you please explain to me , if china is such a peace loving benevolent nation and friend to australia , why have the expanded THEIR military and navy to such extreme levels ? and they have kept developing intercontinental ballistic missles .why have they taken control of the traditional territories and fishing grounds of soverign nations in the south china sea and built military bases on reclaimed islands ? can you provide a straight forward answer to my questions without any misdirection ?

ziad/cz515 , or whatever you want to call yourself , your supposed inteligence is misguided as you avoid the key facts of how we arrived at where the nation is now . you seem more concerned with money and trade than any sort of morals regarding the wellbeing and freedom of this country . a "usefull idiot" for the communists seems to be your goal , and undermining the current government is the path to this goal . a lot of your comments on this situation would've resulted in charges of sedition and possibly treason during a time like WW2 . your free to have your opinions ,which would result in censorship and reprogramming of your mind under the PRC . but you are seriously misguided and/or just a internet troll :thumbsdown:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Sep 2021, 3:46 pm

bigrich wrote:
cz515 wrote:https://youtu.be/MTCqXlDjx18

so your trying to continue a argument based on half truths and selective facts :wtf: i watched the link , i consider myself inteligent . satirical comedy from the ABC doesn't carry the facts . yes we trade with china, to what extent in the future is debateable . the south china sea is also a trade route for vietnam , indonesesia and japan , among others . you don't seem to acknowledege china's aggressive behaviour and recently, threats of missle strikes against our nation . for what ? calling for a enquiry on the origins of covid ? for daring to upgrade our military capabilities to provide better defence for our nation ?
can you please explain to me , if china is such a peace loving benevolent nation and friend to australia , why have the expanded THEIR military and navy to such extreme levels ? and they have kept developing intercontinental ballistic missles .why have they taken control of the traditional territories and fishing grounds of soverign nations in the south china sea and built military bases on reclaimed islands ? can you provide a straight forward answer to my questions without any misdirection ?

ziad/cz515 , or whatever you want to call yourself , your supposed inteligence is misguided as you avoid the key facts of how we arrived at where the nation is now . you seem more concerned with money and trade than any sort of morals regarding the wellbeing and freedom of this country . a "usefull idiot" for the communists seems to be your goal , and undermining the current government is the path to this goal . a lot of your comments on this situation would've resulted in charges of sedition and possibly treason during a time like WW2 . your free to have your opinions ,which would result in censorship and reprogramming of your mind under the PRC . but you are seriously misguided and/or just a internet troll :thumbsdown:

Well put. :thumbsup:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 29 Sep 2021, 4:31 pm

Well said bigrich.

One word really stood out to me in there... freedom
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by cz515 » 29 Sep 2021, 6:39 pm

BR one day you will be reading your post and realise you are wrong.

I can assure you, you won't be in any Chinese re-education facility :lol:
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 29 Sep 2021, 6:44 pm

Communism is no joke.

Take a look at how they live in North Korea after several generations of it.
They are literally slaves, their country is a prison and most have no clue about the outside world, they even believe they defeated America.

I'm astonished that anyone could stand up for China it is literally heading for a grim future.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Sep 2021, 7:31 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Communism is no joke.

Take a look at how they live in North Korea after several generations of it.
They are literally slaves, their country is a prison and most have no clue about the outside world, they even believe they defeated America.

I'm astonished that anyone could stand up for China it is literally heading for a grim future.

I agree on_one_wheel but I think we need to keep in mind that the everage Chinese are just like us. Want family, kids, free time, a job, etc etc. It's the CCP that is the problem.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 29 Sep 2021, 7:34 pm

cz515 wrote:BR one day you will be reading your post and realise you are wrong.

in what way ? i'll bite . illuminate me with your wise words of wisdom cz515 , put your money where your mouth is :unknown:

i certainly will have more interesting and important things going on than reading old posts . maybe out shooting/hunting instead of trying to argue with a loony on a forum about why china's bad news for global stability and why being supportive of a long overdue military overhaul for our nation is a good thing :roll:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation