Australia, attack dog and what's the benefit

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Australia, attack dog and what's the benefit

Post by cz515 » 18 Sep 2021, 7:49 am

Well unlike a few others here, it does me, when I see Aus trying to be little sheriff. So it was good to see someone else point that out. It is behind a pay wall so might not work.

But in short, after becoming America's yap dog against China and the resulting trade bans on Australian exports into China have meant that American businesses are picking up the slack.

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/au ... 1631825971

Or how America made a deal with China to export more things (under trump), covid comes, we attack China, China retaliates and bans our exports, and America products end up replacing ours in Chinese markets.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Re: Australia, attack dog and what's the benefit

Post by bigrich » 18 Sep 2021, 8:22 am

cz515 wrote:Well unlike a few others here, it does me, when I see Aus trying to be little sheriff. So it was good to see someone else point that out. It is behind a pay wall so might not work.

But in short, after becoming America's yap dog against China and the resulting trade bans on Australian exports into China have meant that American businesses are picking up the slack.

Or how America made a deal with China to export more things (under trump), covid comes, we attack China, China retaliates and bans our exports, and America products end up replacing ours in Chinese markets.

attack china ? we asked very valid questions of china :wtf: questions that were being asked by other nations . but being a smaller country china saw us as a easier target . china is a bully that chucks a tantrum when it doesn't get it's way
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 18 Sep 2021, 9:34 am

Did NZ ask the same question, did Singapore did most any other developed country (except uk/us and a little whimper from EU). We should be neutral like Swiss or even NZ.

America could have used tens of other smaller countries to ask the question.

My logic is:
do not bite the hand that feeds you
And every lion roars the loudest before it dies.

You don't have to agree but as I see it neutrality has its benefits
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bah! » 18 Sep 2021, 9:44 am

Yes, I feel sorry for the primary industries that all got f***ed by the libs mishandling of china. Barley, crayfish and who the f*** else knows what. They will probably still vote liberal or national though
bah!
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by bigrich » 18 Sep 2021, 9:45 am

cz515 wrote:Did NZ ask the same question, did Singapore did most any other developed country (except uk/us and a little whimper from EU). We should be neutral like Swiss or even NZ.

America could have used tens of other smaller countries to ask the question.

My logic is:
do not bite the hand that feeds you
And every lion roars the loudest before it dies.

You don't have to agree but as I see it neutrality has its benefits

i can see your point of veiw , but unless you stand up to bullies it just empowers them to continue their standover tactics . we've become too reliant on china for trade . we were once a self sufficiant nation that made most of what we needed right here . the covid situation has expossed fragile foreign supply chains
sco-mo whether you like him or not is reinvigorating a sense of australia of times past and more of a sense of nationalism in a positive way
being neutral in a far corner of the globe is self isolating in the long run . in this modern world you need reliable freinds .

if new zealand was in the south china sea they would be singing a different tune . if china starts raiding their fishing grounds and tresspassing in their territorial waters their attitude would change real fast :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 18 Sep 2021, 9:47 am

bah! wrote:Yes, I feel sorry for the primary industries that all got f***ed by the libs mishandling of china. Barley, crayfish and who the f*** else knows what. They will probably still vote liberal or national though

and they are finding new markets where their not being used as a pawn for the political and military bullying by a communist regime :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bah! » 18 Sep 2021, 9:51 am

Plus that twit, and likely war criminal, Hastie
bah!
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by bah! » 18 Sep 2021, 9:53 am

bigrich wrote:
and they are finding new markets where their not being used as a pawn for the political and military bullying by a communist regime :thumbsup:

The crayfishers sure aint. Many aren't going to even bother finishing their quota, as the price is so low.
bah!
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 18 Sep 2021, 10:08 am

Prior to WW11 countries just let Hitler continue till it was almost too late.

It's the same pattern with China throwing their weight around, time to act is now. Let the bully know it won't be easy and there will be a lot of pain.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 18 Sep 2021, 10:55 am

cz515 wrote:Well unlike a few others here, it does me, when I see Aus trying to be little sheriff. So it was good to see someone else point that out. It is behind a pay wall so might not work.

By no means are we America's yap dog against China.
Our leaders have finally stood up against a regime that has been actively undermining Australia's security and economy for decades.
We were the first to call them out on coronavirus,
We have sacked and deported ccp members from our own government.
We have called them out on cyber hacking and spying.
We have torn up contracts that were written in the absence of our best interests.... the list goes on.

China has been called out and now their throwing a massive tantrum.
We can live without them however decades of pandering to them will make the transition difficult.
Exporters will explore new markets.
Miners will sharpen their pencils (good by 200k dump truck driver jobs :lol: )
Australian industry will pick up... we might even show the world how to make steel once again, perhaps well start using our own products for building infrastructure instead of cheep, inferior chinese rubbish made by slaves in atrocious conditions.
Screw China
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by wanneroo » 18 Sep 2021, 10:57 am

China is a predatory win at all cost nation right now.

Displaying weakness just invites conflict. They've been emboldened by dumping Covid on the world and pretty much everyone has ignored it hoping they don't poke the beast. Biden's disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal was another sign of weakness they seem quite chuffed about.

Some people say oh let's be neutral like Sweden or Switzerland. Great. But you better do what they do which is have significant trained and ready reserves of troops and their countries, especially Switzerland, are prepared to make it as painful as possible to an invader. When I traveled around Switzerland, I heard gunfire all over, and saw shooting ranges everywhere with reservists practicing and came across tons of depots of military equipment ready to roll. They don't mess around.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by ThePlinkster » 18 Sep 2021, 11:28 am

The benefit is protection from the USA (the greatest military force in the history of mankind) in case of a Chinese invasion.

Pretty obvious.
ThePlinkster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 18 Sep 2021, 11:43 am

ThePlinkster wrote:The benefit is protection from the USA (the greatest military force in the history of mankind) in case of a Chinese invasion.

Pretty obvious.

Agree but there is no guarantee of that protection. Also makes a target.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by ThePlinkster » 18 Sep 2021, 12:05 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
ThePlinkster wrote:The benefit is protection from the USA (the greatest military force in the history of mankind) in case of a Chinese invasion.

Pretty obvious.

If we didn't have any diplomatic ties to the USA, that would make us an even greater target I reckon

Australia being heavily diplomatically tied to the USA, it's definitely a deterrent for China I would say
ThePlinkster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 18 Sep 2021, 12:32 pm

ThePlinkster wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:

Pretty obvious.

If we didn't have any diplomatic ties to the USA, that would make us an even greater target I reckon

Australia being heavily diplomatically tied to the USA, it's definitely a deterrent for China I would say

Yep
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 18 Sep 2021, 2:46 pm

I see the problem as this country got drunk on cheap production anybody who had all their eggs in one basket solely deserve everything they frigging get especially the cray market and all that other areas that did the same .

years ago when I was a kid if anybody dealt with a communist nation you got shot for treason or locked up for the rest of your life I do not see why it should be any bloody different today we are after all supposedly living in a democratic Society .
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by ThePlinkster » 18 Sep 2021, 2:55 pm

deye243 wrote:I see the problem as this country got drunk on cheap production anybody who had all their eggs in one basket solely deserve everything they frigging get especially the cray market and all that other areas that did the same .

years ago when I was a kid if anybody dealt with a communist nation you got shot for treason or locked up for the rest of your life I do not see why it should be any bloody different today we are after all supposedly living in a democratic Society .

100% agreed.

Every single free democratic nation should cut all ties with China immediately.

I completely agree.
ThePlinkster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 18 Sep 2021, 5:23 pm

ThePlinkster wrote:
deye243 wrote:I see the problem as this country got drunk on cheap production anybody who had all their eggs in one basket solely deserve everything they frigging get especially the cray market and all that other areas that did the same .

100% agreed.

I completely agree.

This might happen, but certainly not all. And would take a couple of years at least. Many countries have been isolated in the past, just look at Nth Korea.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by ThePlinkster » 18 Sep 2021, 5:45 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
ThePlinkster wrote:

100% agreed.

I completely agree.

This might happen, but certainly not all. And would take a couple of years at least. Many countries have been isolated in the past, just look at Nth Korea.

I hope it will happen one day yes
Trump was extremely tough on China
He was right
It is very silly for the West to make China so rich/so powerful by trading with them so much
To only then complain about China that they are becoming a forever more growing security risk
(When we are the ones (the west) that made China powerful in the 1st place by trading with them so much)

We make China powerful.
We then complain that China is powerful.
Silly.
ThePlinkster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 18 Sep 2021, 6:07 pm

"We make China powerful.
Silly."

It isn't automatic that counties turn into barstards because they have become more affluent. Hard to predict. 60-70 years ago China and US were allies.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by ThePlinkster » 18 Sep 2021, 6:13 pm

Oldbloke wrote:"We make China powerful.
Silly."

It isn't automatic that counties turn into barstards because they have become more affluent. Hard to predict. 60-70 years ago China and US were allies.

Yes
When China was weak and poor
They were acting nice
That's true

Now that they are rich and powerful
It's a whole new different story now
That's right
You are correct
ThePlinkster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 18 Sep 2021, 8:25 pm

Wake up...China is not our friend, they have an obvious agenda and governments all around the world are on to them.

The hand that feeds us rubbish is because we've been sucked in by stealth to become fully dependent on those commy pricks, its their "art of war" its what they need to be successful in owning our asses.

Luckily we're not fully dependent on China and rapid change needs to happen.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by deye243 » 18 Sep 2021, 11:18 pm

bigrich wrote:
deye243 wrote:
cz515 wrote:^^^Rotfl. You would start crying within a couple of weeks when you cannot buy any ps5 mate

Well I think we can agree to disagree.

Wtf is a ps5

amen brother :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha l asked my son when he dropped in and he showed me on his ph ...... does anyone do anything for real anymore
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Sep 2021, 8:35 am

Don't know how accurate this is but....look out. Planet of the apes is coming near you. I hope not.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2021 ... ut-us-str/
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 19 Sep 2021, 9:22 am

whether or not china can maintain it's massive military for a extended period is a question . in big business constant expansion is a business model that eventually folds unless conditions are perfect

anybody remember the russian submarine fleet rusting away after the collapse of soviet empire
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 19 Sep 2021, 9:27 am

Oldbloke wrote:Don't know how accurate this is but....look out. Planet of the apes is coming near you. I hope not.

If it's true, they're preparing to take the world by force.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 19 Sep 2021, 10:32 am

on_one_wheel wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:Don't know how accurate this is but....look out. Planet of the apes is coming near you. I hope not.

more for bluff and bullsh!t . little man syndrome is china's biggest problem . if they use the missles they got , and the west retaliates , there won't be much of a army on either side left to invade . with the size of australia we could hide bunker systems in a lot of places too :unknown:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Sep 2021, 11:05 am

bigrich wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

more for bluff and bullsh!t . little man syndrome is china's biggest problem . if they use the missles they got , and the west retaliates , there won't be much of a army on either side left to invade . with the size of australia we could hide bunker systems in a lot of places too :unknown:

Correct. And just burnt, radioactive dirt. The way I see it the main worry is the CCP DGAF about people. Life has no value, even their own people.

Russians do value life, at least a bit more than CCP.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 19 Sep 2021, 11:33 am

russia has a hard and tragic past . i think the russians are more resiliant as a people who are used to hardship . from one russian i know ( who sounds exactly like the russian meerkat in the insurance adds :lol: ) as long as der is vodka dey'll cope with anytink ! dah ! :D
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Sep 2021, 1:05 pm

Give the man a Scotch. :D He needs it.

wp-content.jpg
wp-content.jpg (36.85 KiB) Viewed 3271 times

Screenshot_20210919-101245_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20210919-101245_DuckDuckGo.jpg (453.4 KiB) Viewed 3271 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation