30 mm rock

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

30 mm rock

Post by Die Judicii » 18 Sep 2021, 2:24 pm

A while back when I got home and parked in the carport, my partner called out and asked, "What the hell happened there ??"
She was pointing at the front of my ute.

I got out to see what she was on about,,,,, and there was a 30 mm rock wedged in the hole in my headlight protector.

Beats the hell outa me,,, cos I didn't hear or feel the impact.
The protector did a good job though because the headlight itself was undamaged.

A new set of protectors now installed,,,,,, and cheaper by far than having to buy a new headlight. :thumbsup:
100_5929.JPG
100_5929.JPG (733.6 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: 30 mm rock

Post by disco stu » 19 Sep 2021, 10:50 am

That's a fair size rock to get thrown up by a vehicle. Kids in the area throw rocks at cars?

Protector did it's job nicely
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Sep 2021, 1:11 pm

disco stu wrote:That's a fair size rock to get thrown up by a vehicle. Kids in the area throw rocks at cars?

Na, neighbours with a shanghai. He shot their dog. :allegedly: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 19 Sep 2021, 9:50 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Na, neighbours with a shanghai. He shot their dog. :allegedly: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's another Black Cross on your tongue Old Bloke,,, that you'll have to explain to St Peter eventually. :lol:
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 19 Sep 2021, 9:54 pm

disco stu wrote:That's a fair size rock to get thrown up by a vehicle. Kids in the area throw rocks at cars?

Not impossible,,,, but highly unlikely.
Although I still can't understand how I never heard or felt any impact,,, after all when you cop just one of those little ones that chip your windscreen they almost sound like bullet strike. :unknown:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by ZaineB » 19 Sep 2021, 10:46 pm

was probably cabbage moth, them toyotas are delicate these days.

haha dont discount big stones from cars/trucks, but usually a bigger problem in summer when tyres are hot enough to grab rocks like that and turf them a distance.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Sep 2021, 11:01 pm

Die Judicii wrote:

Not impossible,,,, but highly unlikely.
Although I still can't understand how I never heard or felt any impact,,, after all when you cop just one of those little ones that chip your windscreen they almost sound like bullet strike. :unknown:

Yep, industrial dearness. Obviously need to give up shooting before your complety deaf and can't hear the Mrs put the hard word on you. :violin:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bah! » 21 Sep 2021, 8:09 am

Had an oncoming truck on an outside bend thrown up a rock bigger than a golf ball once, thought it was going to come through the windscreen. Left a star the size of my fist in the screen.
bah!
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Return to Off topic - General conversation