TV show starring Ron Iddles

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

TV show starring Ron Iddles

Post by Die Judicii » 19 Sep 2021, 10:12 pm

Anyone that may have watched these recently with Ron (a supposed retired detective) re telling how he caught criminals whilst working
on unsolved/cold cases in the past.

Ever wondered about the connection between the show itself,,, and his name ??

Ron Iddles when broken down is actually Riddles.

If nothing better,,,,, at least it is befitting of the show. :lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: TV show starring Ron Iddles

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Sep 2021, 11:34 pm

Die Judicii wrote:Anyone that may have watched these recently with Ron (a supposed retired detective) re telling how he caught criminals whilst working
on unsolved/cold cases in the past.

Ever wondered about the connection between the show itself,,, and his name ??

Ron Iddles when broken down is actually Riddles.

If nothing better,,,,, at least it is befitting of the show. :lol:

Your a winner. You solved the riddle. :drinks:

You will get an email next week. Give the Nigerian all of your banking details including password inorder to collect 2 billion dollars in gold bars. :drinks: :clap: Once again congratulations.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 20 Sep 2021, 1:11 am

Supposed? Retired from the Police, but still the greatest Homicide Detective Australia has ever known, possibly will ever know. 99% conviction rate may never be equalled, would love to see him collaborate more with Charlie Bezzina, both of them have been threatened by Police Command for being too honest.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 20 Sep 2021, 11:15 am

Yes. Appears to have been a very capable copper with a good track record. Charlie Bezzina was the same, and he apparently fell foul of the police hierarchy according to his book. Another good copper put out to pasture for the wrong reasons, it appears.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by disco stu » 20 Sep 2021, 1:52 pm

Sounds interesting. What channel is it on?
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Lsfan » 20 Sep 2021, 6:42 pm

I tend to prefer watching movies but I must admit have twice been sucked in watching that show. It's very satisfying to see criminals being convicted. Unfortunately one of the 2 episodes I watched reached no conclusion. If I had known that at the beginning I probably wouldn't have watched it!
It surprised me though how basic the plots are. The Hollywood movies are so much more complicated.

Slightly off topic, but I watched some of a 9-11 documentary around the same time slot which interviewed survivors and family members of casualties. I was amazed that they record every body part, no matter how small and then forensically study it to identify who it was from. One guy had a fragment of femur from his brother which was accompanied by a map showing where it was located relative to the towers. It impressed me the lengths they go to, simply out of respect for the dead and the remaining family.
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Off topic - General conversation