Taiwan v China

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Taiwan v China

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Oct 2021, 6:28 am

It's slowly getting hotter. Typical of China intimidating, threatening Tiawan. Bastards.

I'm beginning to think a war is inevitable. Xi has made it clear he will take it and can't lose "face" by backing down.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-04/ ... /100511294

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
Albert Einstein
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Taiwan v China

Post by cz515 » 04 Oct 2021, 7:13 am

Xi has pledged to unify China by 2027.

Still I don't understand why are you all so interested in China. I haven't seen any worried posts when the allies invaded Iraq, when abbey's invaded Syria, or when the 20 year invasion of Afghanistan.

Just relax and chill, enjoy shooting (if you can) and be thankful we have Chairman Dan looking after Victoria. Even China look at us and laugh going they had less lockdowns than Victoria
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Oct 2021, 7:55 am

CZ Your statement is unbelievable. China has nukes and is acting aggressively. It has grown its military a huge amount in last 5-6 years.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 04 Oct 2021, 7:56 am

Keep in mind Taiwan is the last remnant of pre-revolution China due primarily to the US's only slight support for the regime existing at the time of the revolution.
China as it exists today is also primarily due to actions of the US.
Research, Nixon in China and the Kissinger NSSM of 1974.
The Kissinger NSSM is in many ways the roadmap of how the world has gotten to where it is today.
Putting "Yellow Peril" chest thumping aside as the distraction it is, the real issue is the threat to the US petrodollar. The US tried to 'pick off' the junior partner in the threat group with punitive sanctions but that only has served to strengthen Russia.
As individuals we should be more concerned with the consequences of the collapse of the petrodollar rather than a war to end all wars.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by ThePlinkster » 04 Oct 2021, 8:01 am

Oldbloke wrote:CZ Your statement is unbelievable. China has nukes and is acting aggressively. It has grown its military a huge amount in last 5-6 years.

Exactly what I was gonna say ^
Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq also never had means of starting WW3
China does
(Hence the global concern with China)
What a disappointing statement from CZ515/Ziad
ThePlinkster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by womble » 04 Oct 2021, 8:26 am

The unity pledge was June this year.
100th anniversary of ccp
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 04 Oct 2021, 8:28 am

Sorry 1st July
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Lsfan » 04 Oct 2021, 9:01 am

ThePlinkster wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:CZ Your statement is unbelievable. China has nukes and is acting aggressively. It has grown its military a huge amount in last 5-6 years.

China does

Me too!! FFS, why are people so blind? Next thing people will pull the racist card and the government will start an initiative to make Chinese people feel more welcome.

What about buying thousands of acres in Australia, ports, the Trade agreements, placing ships in strategic positions, spying, cyber attacks, nuclear weapons testing and the dialogue in the media which are basically threats.

Not to mention their perfect weapon, covid-19!

I always look at it from the other perspective. How do other governments treat foreigners or even their own people? Does China offer the same freedoms to foreigners that we do? F... No!

We need to be worried because we are a light weight compared to them. Even with our allies, China is a formidable opponent wth an enormous population of people who I believe value life less than we do.
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Oct 2021, 9:16 am

Lsfan wrote:
ThePlinkster wrote:

China does

Me too!! FFS, why are people so blind? Next thing people will pull the racist card and the government will start an initiative to make Chinese people feel more welcome.

What about buying thousands of acres in Australia, ports, the Trade agreements, placing ships in strategic positions, spying, cyber attacks, nuclear weapons testing and the dialogue in the media which are basically threats.

Not to mention their perfect weapon, covid-19!

I always look at it from the other perspective. How do other governments treat foreigners or even their own people? Does China offer the same freedoms to foreigners that we do? F... No!

We need to be worried because we are a light weight compared to them. Even with our allies, China is a formidable opponent wth an enormous population of people who I believe value life less than we do.

Spot on. But I think we need to remind our selves that it's the CP and Xi that are the problem. Average Chinaman is no different to us.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 04 Oct 2021, 9:21 am

Thanks straightshooter an informative answer. Tiawan is disputed territory it should be decided by the UN.

But still I'll come back to your answer my friend OB, america has nukes and it is the only country that has invaded another country in the last 40 years, remembering China hasn't invaded Taiwan (yet).
The invasion of Iraq on the basis of WMD was false
this is on record
it was an illegal occupation
an act of war against an independent country that the whole world stood by and watched in silence

And similarly Syria and Afghanistan.

So in essence what you are saying is it's OK for America which has nukes has acted aggressively to invade another country, but not China. Come on is it just me who sees the irony in this stance
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Oct 2021, 9:29 am

cz515 wrote:Thanks straightshooter an informative answer. Tiawan is disputed territory it should be decided by the UN.

But still I'll come back to your answer my friend OB, america has nukes and it is the only country that has invaded another country in the last 40 years, remembering China hasn't invaded Taiwan (yet).
The invasion of Iraq on the bases of WMD was false
this is on record
an act of war against an independent country that the whole world stood by and watched in silence

So in essence what you are saying is it's OK for America which has nukes has acted aggressively to invade another country, but not China. Come on is it just me who sees the irony in this stance

1. You have forgotten Russia invasion.

2. (US invading Afghanistan) Two wrongs don't make a right. And doesn't change the concern about China.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by ThePlinkster » 04 Oct 2021, 9:33 am

Oldbloke wrote:1. You have forgotten Russia invasion.

2. (US invading Afghanistan) Two wrongs don't make a right. And doesn't change the concern about China.

Furthermore;
The US invaded Afghanistan because the Taliban were hiding and protecting Bin Laden there after 9/11
Completely legitimate reason to invade Afghanistan after 9/11
I would recommend for Ziad to do more research before posting his views
ThePlinkster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Oct 2021, 10:38 am

ThePlinkster wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:1. You have forgotten Russia invasion.

Furthermore;
The US invaded Afghanistan because the Taliban were hiding and protecting Bin Laden there after 9/11
I would recommend for Ziad to do more research before posting his views

Yep, that had slipped my mind.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cleger » 04 Oct 2021, 10:48 am

Lsfan wrote:We need to be worried because we are a light weight compared to them. Even with our allies, China is a formidable opponent wth an enormous population of people who I believe value life less than we do.

With your allies, you have never been beaten. Not once. And your former enemies sing a different tune these days.

Re: Iraq, Afghanistan, etc, those have nothing to do with confronting China -- and it's not as if certain of the steps toward that end have been kept secret lately.
cleger
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by bigrich » 04 Oct 2021, 11:12 am

cz515 wrote:Xi has pledged to unify China by 2027.

Still I don't understand why are you all so interested in China. I haven't seen any worried posts when the allies invaded Iraq, when abbey's invaded Syria, or when the 20 year invasion of Afghanistan.

Just relax and chill, enjoy shooting (if you can) and be thankful we have Chairman Dan looking after Victoria. Even China look at us and laugh going they had less lockdowns than Victoria

mate , your seriously just a goose , or your trying to wind people up :roll: :sarcasm:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by straightshooter » 04 Oct 2021, 11:16 am

ThePlinkster wrote:The US invaded Afghanistan because the Taliban were hiding and protecting Bin Laden there after 9/11

Do you seriously believe that the US preferred to spend a trillion plus dollars on a futile conflict when a bribe of not even a 10000th of that amount would have had him on a plane to the US in no time flat from the country that was actually harbouring him?
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by ThePlinkster » 04 Oct 2021, 11:31 am

straightshooter wrote:
ThePlinkster wrote:The US invaded Afghanistan because the Taliban were hiding and protecting Bin Laden there after 9/11

Do you seriously believe that the US preferred to spend a trillion plus dollars on a futile conflict when a bribe of not even a 10000th of that amount would have had him on a plane to the US in no time flat from the country that was actually harbouring him?

The occupation of Afghanistan was more than just getting Bin Laden.
The occupation of Afghanistan also made the United States and the West safer.
(By rendering the Taliban and Al-Qaeda inoperable)
Thus, making the world, a safer place.
Last edited by ThePlinkster on 04 Oct 2021, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThePlinkster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by ThePlinkster » 04 Oct 2021, 11:31 am

bigrich wrote:

mate , your seriously just a goose , or your trying to wind people up :roll: :sarcasm:

+1
ThePlinkster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 04 Oct 2021, 11:35 am

Owning Tiwan is extremely important to China.

It's the only missing link to be able to claim full sovereignty over the entire south China sea.

If this is ever achieved they control the shipping through the south China sea and most importantly OWN the riches beneath, a plethora of untapped oil and gas... an estimated fourteen trillion barrels of natural gas and up to thirty-three billion barrels of oil.
Have no mistake this is yet another oil war.
The economic fall out would be devastating.

Spare a thought for the Taiwanese people, they are facing a full blown invitation and takeover by a foreign nation. Hardly something to fob of.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by ThePlinkster » 04 Oct 2021, 11:40 am

on_one_wheel wrote:Owning Tiwan is extremely important to China.

It's the only missing link to be able to claim full sovereignty over the entire south China sea.

If this is ever achieved they control the shipping through the south China sea and most importantly OWN the riches beneath, a plethora of untapped oil and gas... an estimated fourteen trillion barrels of natural gas and up to thirty-three billion barrels of oil.
Have no mistake this is yet another oil war.
The economic fall out would be devastating.

Spare a thought for the Taiwanese people, they are facing a full blown invitation and takeover by a foreign nation. Hardly something to fob of.

Agreed.
Anyone trying to appease China
Anyone trying to look the other way when it comes to China, is morally, on the wrong side of history.
ThePlinkster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 04 Oct 2021, 11:43 am

cz515 wrote:Thanks straightshooter an informative answer. Tiawan is disputed territory it should be decided by the UN.

The invasion of Iraq on the basis of WMD was false
this is on record

So using your own logic (right or wrong) do you think it's OK to stand by and allow China to invade Tiwan? (your comments suggest it's all good)
And if so, why is it OK?
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by cz515 » 04 Oct 2021, 11:52 am

ThePlinkster wrote:
straightshooter wrote:

The occupation of Afghanistan was more than just getting Bin Laden.
The occupation of Afghanistan also made the United States and the West safer.
(By rendering the Taliban and Al-Qaeda inoperable)
Thus, making the world, a safer place.

Just shows how much you lack the knowledge of world politics and reality. The fact, bin laden was found in Pakistan not Afghanistan. So why invade an independent country. I'll tell you

It was never about Taliban, but all about the money. Money from rebuilding a country, building all those roads, hospitals etc was done by mainly US based private companies, and paid by US citizens and Afghanistan. money from digging up vast mineral resources in the ground to go into US private companies.

The Americans thought they could invade a country, install their puppet govt and could strip the country of all its wealth. It's a fact Afghanistan has huge deposits of minerals including the biggest resources of rare earth minerals in the world after China.

Bigrich maybe I upset you, I apologise... but that's only because I am telling the truth and you are not prepared to accept the reality.

And Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria etc is relevant because that's an example where America, UK and Australia invaded an independent country. Same thing you are saying that "evil" China wants to do.

But I suppose I should shut up now lest I upset the people even more. Doesn't mean I am wrong
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Oct 2021, 12:13 pm

bigrich wrote:

I can only conclude that is a bulls eye.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by ThePlinkster » 04 Oct 2021, 12:21 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
bigrich wrote:

I can only conclude that is a bulls eye.

Agreed.
ThePlinkster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 04 Oct 2021, 12:23 pm

cz515 wrote:
Bigrich maybe I upset you, I apologise... but that's only because I am telling the truth and you are not prepared to accept the reality.

there has been invasions , wars , ethnic cleansing , puppet governments , ect all throughout history . nobody ever said the USA or the british empire were saintly in their expansion . as others have said , china taking control of tiewan is about territory and control of trade routes that affect trade for countries all over the globe, as well as resources in that sea . your defence of the PRC is truly astounding . your view of the "truth" involves being selective of facts and completely forgetting some history . heard of tibet ? heard of the uyghurs ? that's happening now . a control freak communist regime which is tightening it's control on it's society that hasn't been seen since the stalin years in russia . PRC ramping up their military on a scale not seen since 1939 nazi germany , with nukes and threat of missle attacks on our nation just for saying stuff they don't like .

i mean really . do i have to point this out to you ? i don't know you , but if your into recreational drugs just stop . your grip on the facts and reallity are off base in regards to this defence of china . can you not see the difference in PRC mindset and lifestyle compared to australia and the USA ?

you must be making your outlandish posts in a bid for attention , or simply like winding people up . if you can't see what people are pointing out to you time and time again , you should stop and think why

i can't rewrite the history books on what past leaders have done , but what concerns me now is the increasingly authoritarian propoganda of china on it's own people , angry childish rants and coersive trade bulling agaist any country who even verbally critisises or opposes china . and a expansion of it's military and capabilities that is just downright threatening . this is happening now , we have to deal with this now . whether or not america's invasion of iraq for WMD was a con or not is irrelevant to the current situation . using that fact to discredit the USA and excuse your chinese buddies is appalling :thumbsdown:

have i explained things and their relevance now :unknown:
Last edited by bigrich on 04 Oct 2021, 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Oct 2021, 12:23 pm

Pill, anyone?

Chill-Pills-.jpg
Chill-Pills-.jpg (50.4 KiB) Viewed 2625 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 04 Oct 2021, 12:29 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Pill, anyone?

Chill-Pills-.jpg

so long as you didn't get them from ziad . i think his must have lsd or magic mushrooms in them :P
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Oct 2021, 12:46 pm

bigrich wrote:
cz515 wrote:

there has been invasions , wars , ethnic cleansing , puppet governments , ect all throughout history . nobody ever said the USA or the british empire were saintly in their expansion . as others have said , china taking control of tiewan is about territory and control of trade routes that affect trade for countries all over the globe, as well as resources in that sea . your defence of the PRC is truly astounding . your view of the "truth" involves being selective of facts and completely forgetting some history . heard of tibet ? heard of the uyghurs ? that's happening now . a control freak communist regime which is tightening it's control on it's society that hasn't been seen since the stalin years in russia . PRC ramping up their military on a scale not seen since 1939 nazi germany , with nukes and threat of missle attacks on our nation just for saying stuff they don't like .

i mean really . do i have to point this out to you ? i don't know you , but if your into recreational drugs just stop . your grip on the facts and reallity are off base in regards to this defence of china . can you not see the difference in PRC mindset and lifestyle compared to australia and the USA ?

you must be making your outlandish posts in a bid for attention , or simply like winding people up . if you can't see what people are pointing out to you time and time again , you should stop and think why

i can't rewrite the history books on what past leaders have done , but what concerns me now is the increasingly authoritarian propoganda of china on it's own people , angry childish rants and coersive trade bulling agaist any country who even verbally critisises or opposes china . and a expansion of it's military and capabilities that is just downright threatening . this is happening now , we have to deal with this now . whether or not america's invasion of iraq for WMD was a con or not is irrelevant to the current situation . using that fact to discredit the USA and excuse your chinese buddies is appalling :thumbsdown:

Big tick. We think alike.

Tick.jpg
Tick.jpg (10.44 KiB) Viewed 2618 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lsfan » 04 Oct 2021, 12:59 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
bigrich wrote:
cz515 wrote:

Big tick. We think alike.

Tick.jpg

Same here. :thumbsup:
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by ThePlinkster » 04 Oct 2021, 1:04 pm

bigrich wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:Pill, anyone?

Chill-Pills-.jpg

so long as you didn't get them from ziad . i think his must have lsd or magic mushrooms in them :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ThePlinkster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation