A little bit deep,,,,,,,, but,,

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

A little bit deep,,,,,,,, but,,

Post by Die Judicii » 21 Oct 2021, 5:41 pm

In light of some of the mud slinging that seems to have taken over,,, consider this.

"We all have moments in our lives that define us as beings, Those moments are everlasting.
I suggest that we all, at times, find difficulty in relating to others.
We tend to sense things very differently, consequently what may have significant meaning to ourselves,, can generate
misunderstanding and at times,, mistrust in others, and, in the world in which we all live.
Therefore it may pose the question as to who and why we are what we are as individuals."
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: A little bit deep,,,,,,,, but,,

Post by bladeracer » 21 Oct 2021, 5:44 pm

Mud slinging?
Can't say I've noticed anything untoward.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by ZaineB » 21 Oct 2021, 6:38 pm

must be on the first expedition to mars then Blade cos its rife.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by bladeracer » 21 Oct 2021, 6:45 pm

ZaineB wrote:must be on the first expedition to mars then Blade cos its rife.

Must be in the off topics then?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by ZaineB » 21 Oct 2021, 7:15 pm

mostly yeah, its a set group of users that basically get triggered then set out to lynch anyone who doesn't share their confirmation bias.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by bladeracer » 21 Oct 2021, 7:26 pm

ZaineB wrote:mostly yeah, its a set group of users that basically get triggered then set out to lynch anyone who doesn't share their confirmation bias.

I have heard that we do have some members like that, but I mostly ignore the off-topic stuff.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bill » 21 Oct 2021, 8:38 pm

U R over thinking things D J

Treat everyone with respect until they act like a karnt, respect the enviroment where possible and don't drink light beer as it will shrink ur balls :drinks:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 21 Oct 2021, 8:42 pm

Bill wrote:U R over thinking things D J

Treat everyone with respect until they act like a karnt, respect the enviroment where possible and don't drink light beer as it will shrink ur balls :drinks:

Yeah, Coors lite. That was shiite. Give me full strength anyday.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 21 Oct 2021, 10:19 pm

Die Judicii wrote:In light of some of the mud slinging that seems to have taken over,,, consider this.

"We all have moments in our lives that define us as beings, Those moments are everlasting.
We tend to sense things very differently, consequently what may have significant meaning to ourselves,, can generate
misunderstanding and at times,, mistrust in others, and, in the world in which we all live.
Therefore it may pose the question as to who and why we are what we are as individuals."

i found a lot of clarity on how to approach life from a book by the deli lama years ago . everything happens for a reason , even if it's not apparent at the time . change and bad events can be a period of personal growth . it's how you deal with the negatives in life that define us and influence what path we're on

with difficulty in relating to others , i have only so much patience , i still call a spade a spade . i have a cut off point where there's only so much time and effort i will waste on some people . they have to find themselves in their own time . life is short . live it now , do what you know in your heart to be the right thing as that is the rememberence and legacy after your gone :thumbsup:

and drink coopers pale ale :D
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by ZaineB » 22 Oct 2021, 2:27 am

bigrich wrote:
Die Judicii wrote:In light of some of the mud slinging that seems to have taken over,,, consider this.

i found a lot of clarity on how to approach life from a book by the deli lama years ago . everything happens for a reason , even if it's not apparent at the time . change and bad events can be a period of personal growth . it's how you deal with the negatives in life that define us and influence what path we're on

with difficulty in relating to others , i have only so much patience , i still call a spade a spade . i have a cut off point where there's only so much time and effort i will waste on some people . they have to find themselves in their own time . life is short . live it now , do what you know in your heart to be the right thing as that is the rememberence and legacy after your gone :thumbsup:

and drink coopers pale ale :D

I am a bit curious however, which one did you read a book by?

download (5).jpg
this one?
download (5).jpg (28.57 KiB) Viewed 5437 times

download (2).jpg
or this one?
download (2).jpg (39.44 KiB) Viewed 5437 times

download (3).jpg
or this one perhaps?
download (3).jpg (25.09 KiB) Viewed 5437 times

or maybe the portable one?

download (4).jpg
download (4).jpg (19.69 KiB) Viewed 5437 times

I think if you had genuinely read a book by the guy you would know its spelled Dalai Lama, or maybe you got inspiration off of a tablecloth or menu?
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Oct 2021, 7:01 am

Bigrich, CZ

Just treat the trolls with the contempt they deserve.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wrenchman » 22 Oct 2021, 8:44 am

I can honestly say that this is a good group go to some of the ones here in the states ask a simple question and it can turn into nothing but insults.
Sure once in a while you can have guys give some one a hard time but I take it in stride I really don't bother me if you call me names or anything I think its like opinions and ass holes every one has one
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by cleger » 22 Oct 2021, 12:16 pm

cleger
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by bladeracer » 22 Oct 2021, 2:02 pm

bladeracer wrote:Mud slinging?

I'm glad you posted this thread now, I've been missing out on all this rubbish :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 22 Oct 2021, 2:11 pm

bladeracer wrote:

I'm glad you posted this thread now, I've been missing out on all this rubbish :-)

I’d prefer to not engage in this sort of thing blade, but no misdeeds should go without comment let alone punishment. It’s very entertaining for some, I think it’s rather petty
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 22 Oct 2021, 2:46 pm

bigrich wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

I’d prefer to not engage in this sort of thing blade, but no misdeeds should go without comment let alone punishment. It’s very entertaining for some, I think it’s rather petty

Sorry, I didn't mean it's entertaining, it's more that it's let me see a little of the "issues" some people have, that don't come out during normal firearm-related discussion.
Some people need a life-changing illness or accident to let them take stock of their lives. Life is way too short for forum trolling, maybe go do some shooting if you've got so much time on your hands guys :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 23 Oct 2021, 6:07 am

We’re a bit of topic fellas :D we should try to be more tolerant of those that bait or annoy us . And conduct ourselves like gentlemen. But it is not hard to respond to such things on the internet.
In real life, face to face, such discussions probably wouldn’t get out of hand. I believe this online behaviour is spilling over into everyday society more and more.
My level of “dry humour “ doesn’t translate too well on the internet very well either ;)
Off to the range to sight in my 270 sako 85 for a upcoming hunt. It is annoying me with ejection but. Sick of the cases hitting the scope. It will have the extractor mods eventually.
Feeling very zen at the moment

Peace be with you all
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 23 Oct 2021, 7:29 am

bigrich wrote:We’re a bit of topic fellas :D we should try to be more tolerant of those that bait or annoy us . And conduct ourselves like gentlemen. But it is not hard to respond to such things on the internet.
In real life, face to face, such discussions probably wouldn’t get out of hand. I believe this online behaviour is spilling over into everyday society more and more.
My level of “dry humour “ doesn’t translate too well on the internet very well either ;)
Off to the range to sight in my 270 sako 85 for a upcoming hunt. It is annoying me with ejection but. Sick of the cases hitting the scope. It will have the extractor mods eventually.

Peace be with you all

The forum does allow you to ignore people.
What are you off to hunt ?
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 23 Oct 2021, 11:18 am

bigpete wrote:
bigrich wrote:We’re a bit of topic fellas :D we should try to be more tolerant of those that bait or annoy us . And conduct ourselves like gentlemen. But it is not hard to respond to such things on the internet.

Peace be with you all

The forum does allow you to ignore people.
What are you off to hunt ?

thanks for reminding me about the "ignore" button pete ;)
i'm off out to stanthorpe in about three weeks . lots of Rusa deer in that area . pigs are making trouble killing lambs on that property as well apparently . not allowed to shoot the goats :cry: once upon a time farmers were glad to be rid of them , now they let them breed up and round 'em up and sell them . goats do well in this country and require no matinence . looking forward to getting out in the paddock, it's bin a while :D
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 23 Oct 2021, 11:30 am

Nice one,and I know what you mean about the goats
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 23 Oct 2021, 12:07 pm

bigrich wrote:i'm off out to stanthorpe in about three weeks . lots of Rusa deer in that area . pigs are making trouble killing lambs on that property as well apparently . not allowed to shoot the goats :cry: once upon a time farmers were glad to be rid of them , now they let them breed up and round 'em up and sell them . goats do well in this country and require no matinence . looking forward to getting out in the paddock, it's bin a while :D

May I be so bold as to correct you on two points.

a) Goats do,,, as you say, "do well in this country" but do require some maintenance. Especially to keep them safe from dog predation.

b) "matinence" is actually spelt MAINTENANCE

:thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 23 Oct 2021, 12:34 pm

Die Judicii wrote:
bigrich wrote:i'm off out to stanthorpe in about three weeks . lots of Rusa deer in that area . pigs are making trouble killing lambs on that property as well apparently . not allowed to shoot the goats :cry: once upon a time farmers were glad to be rid of them , now they let them breed up and round 'em up and sell them . goats do well in this country and require no matinence . looking forward to getting out in the paddock, it's bin a while :D

May I be so bold as to correct you on two points.

a) Goats do,,, as you say, "do well in this country" but do require some maintenance. Especially to keep them safe from dog predation.

b) "matinence" is actually spelt MAINTENANCE

:thumbsup:

Right on both counts DJ . There’s one thing that’s constant, I regularly need correcting :lol: :lol:
Yes ,well , keeping on top of the dogs would be a challenge. Getting rid of a few out of the bush is rewarding I think. Gives the native furry critters a better chance as well
I spell how it sounds. It gets me by and people know what I mean :drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blackened » 23 Oct 2021, 7:16 pm

bigpete wrote:The forum does allow you to ignore people.

Or report people.

A feature people love to ignore, while complaining about problem posts.

Hint hint.
Blackened

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 23 Oct 2021, 8:03 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Bigrich, CZ

Or you could just stop feeding the trolls.
No matter how you reply to a troll, your simply empowering them, they're looking for a reaction.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 23 Oct 2021, 8:27 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:

No matter how you reply to a troll, your simply empowering them, they're looking for a reaction.

correct . i re-thought my responses and attitude to some on this forum who seemed argumentative , and decided to adopt a more "ghandi' attitude rather than feeding them as you put it :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 25 Oct 2021, 12:54 pm

bigrich wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

correct . i re-thought my responses and attitude to some on this forum who seemed argumentative , and decided to adopt a more "ghandi' attitude rather than feeding them as you put it :thumbsup:

Yep. Gandhi rocks. :thumbsup:
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Return to Off topic - General conversation