General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Post by Die Judicii » 25 Oct 2021, 2:12 pm

What is it with the changing of Avatars ?
I see quite a few are changing of late.
Is it because of some of the sh!t on here, cos it's like some of you changing underwear.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Avatars ?

Post by Bugman » 25 Oct 2021, 2:52 pm

I changed mine, because not only is change as good as a holiday but my wife said I looked like Walter Brennan (for those who don't know.....google it),
when I was wearing my huntin hat.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 25 Oct 2021, 3:11 pm

Die Judicii wrote:What is it with the changing of Avatars ?
I see quite a few are changing of late.
Is it because of some of the sh!t on here, cos it's like some of you changing underwear.

i thought i'd follow OB and bugman's lead ,and get a new one . just for a change . didn't get the one i wanted right , now i just can't be f@cked :D
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Oct 2021, 4:14 pm

Bugman wrote:I changed mine, because not only is change as good as a holiday but my wife said I looked like Walter Brennan (for those who don't know.....google it),
when I was wearing my huntin hat.

Same here
Change is as good as a holiday.

BRW I can't see yours BR.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 Oct 2021, 6:01 pm

Keeping up with trends ... I'm thinking about changing to Chad Morgan.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 25 Oct 2021, 6:08 pm

i tried a pic i downloaded online . took a lead from OB and bugman . got a nice pic of a smiling "liberty valance" leaning on a card table with a ace of spades in his hand and a six gun on the table . thought that was pretty cool with the western theme :D bloody thing won't play ball. it's got too many mega-bits or sumfin' .
good thing i don't have a sixgun , me 'puter would be full of holes :lol:

it was either that or lee van cleef as his "colonel" bounty hunter character :lol:

showing my age :P
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 25 Oct 2021, 6:23 pm

The avatars ( for that matter any pictures) are an absolute pain in the arse to use. I've just spent the last 20 minutes trying to crop a photo down to below 50 kilobytes to use as an avatar,only to be told it has too many pixels in it. So I just give up :unknown:
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 25 Oct 2021, 6:30 pm

bigpete wrote:The avatars ( for that matter any pictures) are an absolute pain in the arse to use. I've just spent the last 20 minutes trying to crop a photo down to below 50 kilobytes to use as an avatar,only to be told it has too many pixels in it. So I just give up :unknown:

:lol: yup . me too :lol:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by disco stu » 25 Oct 2021, 6:35 pm

There used to be a program for Windows where you could right click on image, choose resize and it would make a smaller/less pixel version

On phone I've got an app that does it.
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 25 Oct 2021, 9:40 pm

disco stu wrote:There used to be a program for Windows where you could right click on image, choose resize and it would make a smaller/less pixel version

Yep, Windows resize,,,,,,,,, but even with that it took me ages when I did mine.
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 26 Oct 2021, 8:29 am

I wanted to put Trump on... but thought someone will complain.

Then I thought I get a picture of ziad from Google seeing everyone calls me ziad, but the first person is apparently a September 11 bomber.. well that scuttled that idea.

So then in thought I put my hero John Howard when he was little... and I thought... naa let's just keep it clean.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 26 Oct 2021, 12:10 pm

cz515 wrote:I wanted to put Trump on... but thought someone will complain.

Then I thought I get a picture of ziad from Google seeing everyone calls me ziad, but the first person is apparently a September 11 bomber.. well that scuttled that idea.

So then in thought I put my hero John Howard when he was little... and I thought... naa let's just keep it clean.

Trump would have been good. Fake news and all that. :lol:
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by disco stu » 26 Oct 2021, 12:37 pm

Die Judicii wrote:
disco stu wrote:There used to be a program for Windows where you could right click on image, choose resize and it would make a smaller/less pixel version

Yep, Windows resize,,,,,,,,, but even with that it took me ages when I did mine.

That's the one. I thought it was great, quick and easy with just a right click....normally
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Gamerancher » 27 Oct 2021, 9:52 am

I've found the easiest way to get a photo to "fit" is to open it in paint, then resize using pixels until you get it down to an accepted amount. Save as a jpeg and post.
I 'aint no computer expert, not by a longshot, no doubt someone will have far superior skills and let us all know. :sarcasm:
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by cleger » 28 Oct 2021, 2:39 am

None will complain. Here's one that will work, at only 5KB.

trpu.jpg
trpu.jpg (5.44 KiB) Viewed 2091 times
cleger
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by bigpete » 28 Oct 2021, 5:05 am

cleger wrote:

trpu.jpg

Lolololol
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by cz515 » 28 Oct 2021, 5:08 am

Hahaha
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 28 Oct 2021, 9:24 am

cleger wrote:

trpu.jpg

Love it! (The spectacle,that is.)
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 28 Oct 2021, 11:20 am

Done

Hahaha
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 28 Oct 2021, 11:53 am

There was a picture floating around at some stage that was an almost exact copy of the above Avatar,,, but it was from
Australian Parliament.
I can't remember who the politicians were though.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation