Some people are plain rude/ignorant

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Some people are plain rude/ignorant

Post by Die Judicii » 09 Nov 2021, 6:27 pm

To day I was in town and having a midday meal at a venue.
When finished we got up to leave, and I started to thread my way (on crutches) between the tables toward the exit.
As I approached one table where people were seated,,, this guy looked at me and pushed back away from his table,,,, then stood up and walked off inside
to either make a further order or maybe go to the toilet.
Fair enough,,,,,,,,,, but the rude prick just left his chair blocking the aisle.

I was tempted to insert one crutch under the edge of his chair and flick it up and into his back.
Only reason I didn't was because there were other patrons seated ahead that may have worn the chair instead.

:roll: :x :x
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Some people are plain rude/ignorant

Post by Shootermick » 09 Nov 2021, 7:35 pm

Rude people are one of my biggest pet hates. It’s never that hard to show some consideration and kindness towards others.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Tiger650 » 09 Nov 2021, 7:48 pm

Hard to think of at the time but a good reaction would have been to politely ask one of his mates to move the chair.
When the did that politely thank them and make comment on their mate's poor manners.
His parents were plainly not good at the job.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by womble » 10 Nov 2021, 4:01 am

That’s disgusting.
I dont usually report incidents to the mods, but in this case i will make an exception.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 10 Nov 2021, 4:03 am

And i expect Blackened to follow it up with the venue involved promptly.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 10 Nov 2021, 10:47 am

womble wrote:And i expect Blackened to follow it up with the venue involved promptly.

WTF,, did I miss something?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Noisydad » 10 Nov 2021, 11:59 am

Makes a fella want to go all “Augustus McCrae” with blacksmith tongs (Lonesome Dove)…”Can’t abide rudeness in a man and won’t tolerate it!”
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 10 Nov 2021, 12:26 pm

Well I think it's rude of you to be there, in crutches. People are there to enjoy a nice meal not feel sorry for a disabled oldie.

Joking
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 10 Nov 2021, 12:42 pm

cz515 wrote:Well I think it's rude of you to be there, in crutches. People are there to enjoy a nice meal not feel sorry for a disabled oldie.

Joking

FU2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Also joking. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 10 Nov 2021, 2:55 pm

That's the pitts DJ. But they are everywhere.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 10 Nov 2021, 2:59 pm

As a firearms owner you just have to smile and nod. Something stupid like that could easily lead to an assault or affray charge.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 10 Nov 2021, 6:59 pm

I was on crutches for a while many years ago when in New Zealand I accidentally fractured my spine ski ing off the edge of a cliff. If I had to go to the supermarket during recovery it was awesome the way everyone makes room for you. They all just get out of the way for you and shopping is so much quicker when there’s no crowds to negotiate.....and at the bank , or wherever there’s a queue, people in front are always offering to let you in front of them. eventually I did no longer need the crutches but I always took just one with me shopping anyway for a while purely because it was so much easier in crowded areas . Mongrel dog that I am
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by womble » 11 Nov 2021, 2:51 am

That’s a hard way to find out you cant ski.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 11 Nov 2021, 3:04 am

I did crutches for about a year after being hit by a car.
Challenges i found were crossing the creek. Walking the dog. And going down staircases was sometimes catastrophic.
You can get pretty fast on them though in open terrain because you can take like 3 metre strides.
I don’t remember people being rude to me. But i was often rude to them. As a cripple i compensated with aggression. Particularly towards cars with my new found hate for them.
I’m not making this s**t up. They offered me a wheelchair but that’s useless where i live because they don’t come in 4wd.
3 legs for the win.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 11 Nov 2021, 9:36 am

womble wrote:I did crutches for about a year after being hit by a car.
Challenges i found were crossing the creek. Walking the dog. And going down staircases was sometimes catastrophic.

Another big challenge is when your p!ssed.
I found out all about that as a teenager after breaking a leg in footy. :thumbsdown:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 11 Nov 2021, 2:44 pm

I absolutely hate it when ignorant people walk along the street or through a shopping centre, while concentrating on texting and not looking where they are going.
Lost it in my local shopping mall when a young fellow was doing this and although I tried to maneuver around him, he ran into my shopping trolley, dropped his phone and then started to berate me (Quote: "stupid old pr&%k, look where you are going"
I just asked him the question as to if he drives while texting. Still he carried on.....so I told him to "get far away" :x
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 11 Nov 2021, 5:49 pm

A simple comment like "it's OK mate, I'll move your chair out of the way" would probably make a point clear.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Fionn » 11 Nov 2021, 6:51 pm

Entitled, temporary cripple, what more is their to say ;)
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Lsfan » 11 Nov 2021, 7:44 pm

That's a bit rough. It annoys me enough when people don't thank me for letting them merge into traffic or out of a side street.
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 11 Nov 2021, 8:32 pm

When I go driving I stay in my lane
It's getting cut off that drives me insane
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 12 Nov 2021, 2:34 am

Lsfan wrote:That's a bit rough. It annoys me enough when people don't thank me for letting them merge into traffic or out of a side street.

Yes. I have zero tolerance for this. I need that wave and if i don’t get it i become enraged.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by northdude » 14 Nov 2021, 8:10 am

I think doing that kind of thing gives some people the feeling of some kind of superiourity or control over other people..
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Return to Off topic - General conversation