It’s too hot

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

It’s too hot

Post by Blr243 » 03 Dec 2021, 3:35 pm

And it’s too humid. Everyone should knock off early and grab a six pack. And take their dog to the park. That’s what I’m doin
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: It’s too hot

Post by bigrich » 03 Dec 2021, 4:05 pm

Blr243 wrote:And it’s too humid. Everyone should knock off early and grab a six pack. And take their dog to the park. That’s what I’m doin

i got the air-con on and am putting my new 7-08 tikka together . beers later.... :D
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by disco stu » 03 Dec 2021, 4:25 pm

Down here I don't think we're had more than 2 hottish days in a row. Those clear warm days only come when the next weather change is on its way. Warm today, storm building while I'm on my way home. Had hail when I got home at the front of a southerly change
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 03 Dec 2021, 4:27 pm

bigrich wrote:
Blr243 wrote:And it’s too humid. Everyone should knock off early and grab a six pack. And take their dog to the park. That’s what I’m doin

i got the air-con on and am putting my new 7-08 tikka together . beers later.... :D

I can handle anything in life mate but my one secret luxury in life is air con. I remember life before it, trying to sleep in the middle of summer in north Queensland and it sucked balls.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 03 Dec 2021, 6:15 pm

Had a few hot days down here, takes a while to get used to :-)
Had a very quick storm last night, heaps of wind, lightning, thunder, and a little rain, but it blew through in just a few minutes.
https://youtu.be/kKFS7n8nXnM
No dog unfortunately, so I went and did 100rds practice on the silhouettes. Shooting is my go-to when I can't be bothered with anything else :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 03 Dec 2021, 6:17 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:
bigrich wrote:

I can handle anything in life mate but my one secret luxury in life is air con. I remember life before it, trying to sleep in the middle of summer in north Queensland and it sucked balls.

Not a fan of air-con, I prefer a fan. But air-con was pretty essential working in the Kimberley in summer.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 03 Dec 2021, 6:34 pm

My wife considers me "hot to trot....not"
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Wm.Traynor » 03 Dec 2021, 6:53 pm

bigrich wrote:

North Qld would be deadly without air-con.
I recall driving to Cairns from Penrith 45 years ago, in Spring. On getting out of the car, the humidity soaked straight throgh my shirt, instantly. Its poisonous up there :o
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 03 Dec 2021, 7:18 pm

Lemon lime and bitters?
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 03 Dec 2021, 8:33 pm

Rich. Is the new tikka getting in a paddock over the Xmas break ?
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 03 Dec 2021, 9:23 pm

I remember a couple of nights in FNQ in 2008 in the middle of bum f#ck nowhere,,, in a caravan that had an air con,,,,, but I didn't have the gennie
with me.

Ended up sitting just inside the screen door,,,,,,, bathed in sweat,,,,,,,,, and praying for a breeze.
Next to a water course,,,,,, but it had salties so I stayed in the van.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 03 Dec 2021, 10:16 pm

You’ve done plenty on the Cape mate, surely the humidity down there can’t compare with NQ.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by NTSOG » 04 Dec 2021, 5:30 am

G'day,

It's not too hot down here in central Victoria. It's too damned wet! I cut my hay over several days at the end of last week and over the weekend only to cop 47mm of rain and 1.25" hail on it two days later. The storm formed up virtually overhead and sat there. It was a localised drop so people outside a 10 - 15 km radius apparently received little rain. I'm hoping I can start to rake today to get the bleached stuff up off the ground, but rain is forecast about every second or third day as far as I can see in the various forecasts. At best it's going to be cattle hay. Thankfully last year was a good [dry!] cut and I have quite a bit for the horses in the shed.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 04 Dec 2021, 8:35 am

Blr243 wrote:Rich. Is the new tikka getting in a paddock over the Xmas break ?

If I can get load development done in time. Otherwise, it’ll be the 270 sako 85. It’ll be going once the 7-08 is sorted. Weather permitting I’ll be out around Roma over Xmas. Had to cancel a Stanthorpe trip, again :roll: for those that have been watching the news about Qld floods, I have to go through Inglewood to get there :(
I bought a bell and Carlson stock for the tikka 7-08. After a little inletting they fit well and the stock design shoulders and fits me very well.
Put one on my tikka 223 the other weekend and the groups shrunk down to.2’s
I should take my 45-70 out as well though, hey blr :)
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 04 Dec 2021, 2:22 pm

Def take the 4570 if that’s what your already thinking. I’m leaving mine at home this time ...I feel ill be accepted easier not bringing elephant guns on my first visit to the new spot ....my new sauer 270 is my main thing this trip .....I could get to Nindigully via the northern route so I’m safe there at the end of the day ....perhaps Inglewood and gundy might be safe to drive thru by the time I leave bris. We shall see. Thank god for updates and the Internet .....Dj sent me some pics to my mobile phone. Pretty sure he’s still very well stuck in stuff so soft almost quicksand ..... getting to Roma will be no dramas at all. I expect the country up that way to b looking green. Roma will b warm. Good luck on your hunt.
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 04 Dec 2021, 2:42 pm

Anything over 20 is too hot lol
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 04 Dec 2021, 3:14 pm

Blr243 wrote:Def take the 4570 if that’s what your already thinking. I’m leaving mine at home this time ...I feel ill be accepted easier not bringing elephant guns on my first visit to the new spot ....my new sauer 270 is my main thing this trip .....I could get to Nindigully via the northern route so I’m safe there at the end of the day ....perhaps Inglewood and gundy might be safe to drive thru by the time I leave bris. We shall see. Thank god for updates and the Internet .....Dj sent me some pics to my mobile phone. Pretty sure he’s still very well stuck in stuff so soft almost quicksand ..... getting to Roma will be no dramas at all. I expect the country up that way to b looking green. Roma will b warm. Good luck on your hunt.

Inglewood hospital was evacuated last night Mate.
via chopper to Warwick and T/ba
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 04 Dec 2021, 7:27 pm

Rain is hitting my roof now. I just read that the river at Nindigully is rated as minor flooding and rising , and more rises predicted in the next few days. So seriously I must be aware that I may not even b able to go
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 04 Dec 2021, 7:28 pm

The only thing I don’t miss about NQ is the f***ing humidity. I left there in 2001 and haven’t slept in air conditioning since I don’t think it’s necessary here in Brisbane. I am planning on retiring to my block of land at Cowley Beach so will definitely be in the air con in my old age.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation