Who's been unlucky enough,,,,,

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Who's been unlucky enough,,,,,

Post by Die Judicii » 13 Dec 2021, 12:09 pm

This doesn't apply to those who live in the city with town supply water
But,,,,,,,,, for those out of town and reliant on rain water via household pressure pump/s,,,,,,,
Who's been unlucky enough to be in the shower,,, all lathered up,,, and then cop a power outage ????

I copped it the other day.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Who's been unlucky enough,,,,,

Post by bladeracer » 13 Dec 2021, 12:15 pm

We're on tank water, but only from head pressure, we don't use pumps.
I think I've only used pump-pressure water supply when we lived in the bus for two years, and we don't have a shower in there :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 13 Dec 2021, 12:27 pm

OR! For those on town water, having a shower, when some nitwit turns on either cold tap or HW tap in some other part of the house. GGGGGRRRRR! DOH!
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 13 Dec 2021, 1:03 pm

Yeah what about when a kid had a bath.... (yes but don't argue). we have a plumbing issue and the pump senses a leak and kills itself.

And then you go 4 a shower and there is no water period.
Last edited by cz515 on 13 Dec 2021, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 13 Dec 2021, 1:05 pm

Bugman wrote:OR! For those on town water, having a shower, when some nitwit turns on either cold tap or HW tap in some other part of the house. GGGGGRRRRR! DOH!

Strangely, that's a problem for us as well.
The hot water comes out of a storage tank in the roof space (it comes from the rainwater tank but only draws cold water in when a hot tap gets opened), the cold supply comes straight from the water tank 60m up the hill. It means our hot supply is _very_ hot (the piping runs through a coil within the rear wall of the wood stove), with no regulation at the tap, so we crack the hot tap just enough to get a dribble, then use the cold tap to regulate the temperature to something less than scolding, which is a very, very fine adjustment :-)

But if somebody flushes the dunny or uses another tap in the house, it drops enough pressure at the cold shower tap to make the water scalding hot :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 13 Dec 2021, 1:19 pm

If this were a plumbing forum , who’s been unlucky enough to be working at the lowere end of a sewer pipe , and homeowners forget not to use the toilet , and send waste all over plumber ? Expect bill to be 500 bucks more
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 13 Dec 2021, 1:31 pm

Lol and in that case justified
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 13 Dec 2021, 1:43 pm

Blr243 wrote:If this were a plumbing forum , who’s been unlucky enough to be working at the lowere end of a sewer pipe , and homeowners forget not to use the toilet , and send waste all over plumber ? Expect bill to be 500 bucks more

Ha,,,,, yeah.
I knew a plumber down Sth that actually did have that very scenario happen to him. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Yuk.
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Shootermick » 13 Dec 2021, 2:08 pm

I’m on a farm with a pressure system.
About a month ago the power was off for 24 hrs, I plugged the generator into the pressure pump so that we could all have a shower that night. Then at about 11 that night my 8 year old got up and did the biggest spew I think I’ve ever seen. Had to go out and turn the generator on again so he could have another shower and I had some water to mop it up with. No lights so I was cleaning it up with the head torch on. Not a good night.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 13 Dec 2021, 5:52 pm

Blr243 wrote:If this were a plumbing forum , who’s been unlucky enough to be working at the lowere end of a sewer pipe , and homeowners forget not to use the toilet , and send waste all over plumber ? Expect bill to be 500 bucks more

Just ask the resident plumber, "mchughcb". I'm sure he has experienced it. :D Spends a lot of his time with his trigger finger in the S bend.

Resized_tempFileForShare_20211213-185421_56927494295931.jpeg
Resized_tempFileForShare_20211213-185421_56927494295931.jpeg (217.13 KiB) Viewed 1714 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 13 Dec 2021, 7:36 pm

Ob , I just finished my evening meal. Can we ban u for a month for posting that photo ?
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 13 Dec 2021, 11:14 pm

Blr243 wrote:Ob , I just finished my evening meal. Can we ban u for a month for posting that photo ?

Yeah,, That was pretty gross
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation