Really big guns

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Really big guns

Post by Blr243 » 17 Dec 2021, 3:44 pm

And if the roads are too wet I won’t be able to go into town to the supermarket to stock up. I may have to eat my new pet lamb
Attachments
AFFF7786-D64C-42BE-91CC-B9365481D75F.png
AFFF7786-D64C-42BE-91CC-B9365481D75F.png (147.63 KiB) Viewed 2730 times
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 17 Dec 2021, 4:19 pm

But if you had a k9... you could go hunting and blow up 100 pigs within 1 minute :lol:
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 17 Dec 2021, 6:34 pm

Blr243 wrote:And if the roads are too wet I won’t be able to go into town to the supermarket to stock up. I may have to eat my new pet lamb

Beautiful :-)
I should grab a couple of those myself, got grandkids coming down in January.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 17 Dec 2021, 8:42 pm

cz515 wrote:But if you had a k9... you could go hunting and blow up 100 pigs within 1 minute :lol:

from 40 kays away ...... :P
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 17 Dec 2021, 8:44 pm

Blr243 wrote:Guys None of this is relevant. I’m in a shed in central qld. Storm just turned up , it’s raining. I’m on blacksoil. If it keeps raining I won’t be able to go hunting tonight , artillry or no artillery

sorry to hear that mate , least your out bush but . away from the covid madness in the cities
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 17 Dec 2021, 8:54 pm

bigrich wrote:
cz515 wrote:But if you had a k9... you could go hunting and blow up 100 pigs within 1 minute :lol:

Ohh yes that's right.. and accurate enough that you just lob it in the middle of the group of pigs... best thing it skins and minces the meat for you :drinks:
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 17 Dec 2021, 8:55 pm

Blr243 wrote:Guys None of this is relevant. I’m in a shed in central qld. Storm just turned up , it’s raining. I’m on blacksoil. If it keeps raining I won’t be able to go hunting tonight , artillry or no artillery

Hunting at night? Do you mean spotlighting?
Blacksoil is bloody filthy stuff even when it's dry, I think even tracked vehicles struggle with that stuff :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 18 Dec 2021, 5:57 am

cz515 wrote:
bigrich wrote:

Ohh yes that's right.. and accurate enough that you just lob it in the middle of the group of pigs... best thing it skins and minces the meat for you :drinks:

I suppose I depends on what type of rounds you lob at them. Anti personal or amour piercing :D
Or you could just confuse them and use coloured smoke rounds :lol:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 18 Dec 2021, 6:49 am

No spotlights here strictly thermal binos and scope. Walking and quad bike
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Tiger650 » 21 Dec 2021, 5:38 pm

There is more !
I am betting the South Koreans are in the box seat for this competition also.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ8tOpz0W-o
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 21 Dec 2021, 6:38 pm

Tiger650 wrote:There is more !
I am betting the South Koreans are in the box seat for this competition also.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ8tOpz0W-o

the rheinmetal plant in ipswich qld is already producing their "boxer" LAV replacement . i reckon the germans know a thing or two about armoured vehicles :) . their KF41 lynx looks the goods . the old leopards we had were world class in their day, and upgradeable as new tech was developed . interesting times . i love it :thumbsup:

notice the german's still stick with predatory big cat names for their tanks . started with tiger , then panther ...... ;)
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by womble » 10 Jan 2022, 3:17 pm

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 10 Jan 2022, 4:14 pm

Yes tanks are good and very important. Essential to show China we mean business
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 01 May 2022, 4:59 pm

Thought I would resurrect this post. I see in the news the US is shipping mobile heavy/long range artillery to ukrain as long distance artillery duels are becoming a key element in this conflict. The UK and Germany are shipping armoured air defence as well. Presumably as defence against air strikes on the artillery. Whether or not we see a similar type of battle on Australian soil remains to be seen :unknown:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Larry » 01 May 2022, 5:10 pm

I think all modern wars will be fought from a distance and from the air in the first place whether it is shells or cruise missiles. The old ploy of soften them up with artillery before making an advance still seems a reasonable strategy. In the end it will come down to boots on ground but they could be even after a surrender.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation