F'ing Australia Post (AGAIN)

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

F'ing Australia Post (AGAIN)

Post by Die Judicii » 16 Dec 2021, 3:42 pm

Damm Aust Post to hell.
My new Stainless Steel cleaning rod turned up today,, YeeHa just in time to start using on the new WSM that I'm picking up tomorrow.

I start un wrapping it ,,,,,,,, but, severely disappointed to find that it, and the protective tube it's contained in has a sharp 35 degree bend in it.
The protective tube is all crushed, and bent as well.

It was in the protective tube, then fully wrapped in multiple layers of bubble wrap, and then in plastic sheeting wrapped around the entire lot.

Looks very much like some over weight moron has stepped on it while it was laying across timber bearers in the truck.
Arrrrrgh ,,,,,,,,,, And it was the last one in stock at the suppliers. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: F'ing Australia Post (AGAIN)

Post by bigpete » 16 Dec 2021, 3:46 pm

You can't straighten it ?

I'm still waiting on trigger springs i ordered 6 months ago,at least you got yours
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bugman » 16 Dec 2021, 4:14 pm

It is frustrating. I have had numerous parcels delivered by Oz Post with no problems. Buggered if I know why others have had problems. It just aint fair.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by disco stu » 16 Dec 2021, 4:30 pm

I've found them really good lately. Now I'm waiting on a set of dies. On Monday they were on their way from sth west Sydney to Wollongong, and still haven't arrived at Wollongong post centre 4 days later. I drove to sth west Sydney and back today, in one afternoon.

For the price I paid for shipping I figured it would have been sent express-$22 for a set of dies and some breech lock bushes
Last edited by disco stu on 16 Dec 2021, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 16 Dec 2021, 4:40 pm

bigpete wrote:You can't straighten it ?

I have two schools of thought on that.

Yes, I might be able to straighten it to a certain degree but being for a brand new .17 there's not much wiggle room in the barrel, and
I don't want to risk damaging the rifling.

And,,, Why the f@ck should I have to,,,,,,, when it was some imbecile that doesn't have 1/2 of the brain cells of a mongoloid maggot, that
put his clod hoppers where they should never have been.

GGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil: :twisted:
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 16 Dec 2021, 6:12 pm

I’d say more of a packaging fault. Including a cheap timber splint that can’t be bent would have prevented this ..people transporting mail are just like donkeys carting firewood u can’t expect too much from them
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 16 Dec 2021, 8:47 pm

I've learnt this the hard way
Whenever packing items to be sent via Au post, every effort needs to be taken to protect it from damage, parcels are thrown and stacked, heavy on top of light. Something like a cleaning rod should be firmly taped to a piece of broomstick, whoever sent it in its original "protective" tube needs to be made aware of their error in judgement.
Always contact suppliers to ensure things are sent AU post proof even if it means paying more, consider paying AU post insurance on the item, Always contact the supplier when something arrives damaged as obvious no thought or care has been made when packing it.
Lastly, sometimes it pays to simply buy directly from a store to completely avoid postage, sometimes it saves you from essentially paying twice as much when your new item needs to be replaced.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by northdude » 17 Dec 2021, 3:55 am

Hows our one here nz post. When they deliver stuff they cross out the delivery address and send it to the po box. Its real handy having car parts delivered to a po box a couple of suburbs away when you need them to be delivered to the workshop. Whats the purpose of putting an address on it?
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by SPRINT-GTO » 17 Dec 2021, 4:47 pm

No trying to be a smart---e but Australia Post currently refuse to accept ANYTHING that is longer than 105cm.
Apparently they have wire baskets 105cm square & if it dont fit in wire basket it dont go !!.
It make life difficult as a Club Armourer trying to post/receive firearms.
Nowadays the dealer posting a firearm in excess of 105cm ( & what one isnt?) generally has to remove the stock from barrel & wrap them up together.
Otherwise they will go by road but TNT & most major transport companies refuse to carry firearms as they say it is necessary for driver to stay with truck 24/7 for security purposes!!
I have had dealers send firearms by road with those companies but items are listed as "sporting equipment"& not as firearms!!!
Only company I know who will carry firearm is Startrack Express & this deal was only recently put in place..
Obviously said cleaning rod was in excess of 105cm & suffered the consequences. My sympathys.
SPRINT-GTO
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 18 Dec 2021, 12:04 am

SPRINT-GTO wrote:No trying to be a smart---e but Australia Post currently refuse to accept ANYTHING that is longer than 105cm.
Apparently they have wire baskets 105cm square & if it dont fit in wire basket it dont go !!.
Nowadays the dealer posting a firearm in excess of 105cm ( & what one isnt?) generally has to remove the stock from barrel & wrap them up together.
Otherwise they will go by road but TNT & most major transport companies refuse to carry firearms as they say it is necessary for driver to stay with truck 24/7 for security purposes!!
I have had dealers send firearms by road with those companies but items are listed as "sporting equipment"& not as firearms!!!
Only company I know who will carry firearm is Startrack Express & this deal was only recently put in place..
Obviously said cleaning rod was in excess of 105cm & suffered the consequences. My sympathys.

It was 39 inches, which is under.

I took it to Australia Post Shop today, and they have covered the cost and postage for a new one.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 19 Dec 2021, 3:43 pm

Die Judicii wrote:
SPRINT-GTO wrote:No trying to be a smart---e but Australia Post currently refuse to accept ANYTHING that is longer than 105cm.

I took it to Australia Post Shop today, and they have covered the cost and postage for a new one.

Good result
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 19 Dec 2021, 4:16 pm

northdude wrote:Hows our one here nz post. When they deliver stuff they cross out the delivery address and send it to the po box. Its real handy having car parts delivered to a po box a couple of suburbs away when you need them to be delivered to the workshop. Whats the purpose of putting an address on it?

Sounds like this is problem caused by the sender putting two addresses on the package, or the buyer giving the sender two addresses instead of just the address they want it sent to?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 19 Dec 2021, 4:20 pm

Die Judicii wrote:

That sounds like a good result at least. Last time I tried to make a claim with OzPost they wanted it returned to the sender first, they weren't interested in the receiver's story, despite the receiver being the one with the damaged item.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 19 Dec 2021, 9:34 pm

bladeracer wrote:
That sounds like a good result at least. Last time I tried to make a claim with OzPost they wanted it returned to the sender first, they weren't interested in the receiver's story, despite the receiver being the one with the damaged item.

Aus Post kept the damaged one (no doubt they'll throw it in the bin when the claim is finished) and opened the claim case, which
had a claim number.
I supplied the claim number to the seller,, and when he gets the claim payout,,,,,, then he reimburses me.

A pretty complicated love triangle,, but at the end of however long the process takes I'll be happy.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Irish9 » 22 Dec 2021, 7:53 am

I post a huge amount of parcels with one of our business and must say they have been OK of late, OK being the highest praise I have ever used for Aust post by the way. We pack everything with the assumption it is going to be dropped down a flight of stairs and cop a good kick at the bottom...

I received a glass codd bottle (the ones with a marble in them) from England a few weeks ago, it was wrapped in one turn of bubblewrap and thin card and taped with cloth tape, parcel was squashed into the shape of the bottle and mangled but not even a mark on the bottle inside! Buggered if I know how it made it.
Irish9
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by northdude » 22 Dec 2021, 10:36 am

bladeracer wrote:
northdude wrote:Hows our one here nz post. When they deliver stuff they cross out the delivery address and send it to the po box. Its real handy having car parts delivered to a po box a couple of suburbs away when you need them to be delivered to the workshop. Whats the purpose of putting an address on it?

Sounds like this is problem caused by the sender putting two addresses on the package, or the buyer giving the sender two addresses instead of just the address they want it sent to?

Nope only ever give one address been doing it for 30+ years every other courier just delivers it to the address we give them but not these muppets
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by bladeracer » 22 Dec 2021, 10:46 am

northdude wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Nope only ever give one address been doing it for 30+ years every other courier just delivers it to the address we give them but not these muppets

Rose worked for OzPost 20+ years ago. She said there might be something in your PO box contract that defaults _all_ your deliveries to your PO box instead of to your delivery address? When the system scans your delivery address from a package, it links it to your Box address. That might explain why only OzPost deliveries get redirected. It should be possible to de-link your PO Box address from your business address though.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by disco stu » 22 Dec 2021, 4:41 pm

Irish9 wrote:I post a huge amount of parcels with one of our business and must say they have been OK of late, OK being the highest praise I have ever used for Aust post by the way. We pack everything with the assumption it is going to be dropped down a flight of stairs and cop a good kick at the bottom...

I received a glass codd bottle (the ones with a marble in them) from England a few weeks ago, it was wrapped in one turn of bubblewrap and thin card and taped with cloth tape, parcel was squashed into the shape of the bottle and mangled but not even a mark on the bottle inside! Buggered if I know how it made it.

I used to work in a shop that had an online store also, so posted heaps of stuff every day, including fishing rods. We always packed with the same thinking-it's going to be dropped, trodden on etc. Very rarely has broken things, but the rods were packed in heavy cardboard tubes from inside carpet rolls.

I get surprised the way some sellers pack things. But that glass bottle takes the cake!
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by northdude » 22 Dec 2021, 8:00 pm

bladeracer wrote:
northdude wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Rose worked for OzPost 20+ years ago. She said there might be something in your PO box contract that defaults _all_ your deliveries to your PO box instead of to your delivery address? When the system scans your delivery address from a package, it links it to your Box address. That might explain why only OzPost deliveries get redirected. It should be possible to de-link your PO Box address from your business address though.

Its nz post over here. that could be whats happening. Ill have to look into it
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Return to Off topic - General conversation