Mask effectiveness

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Mask effectiveness

Post by northdude » 25 Dec 2021, 4:29 am

cz515 wrote:They wear a positive pressure full body covering

Compare that to the flimsy non sealing thing that most are wearing and youll get an idea of how effective they are..
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by cz515 » 25 Dec 2021, 8:04 am

Lol.

In olden ages they used to do a lot of weird things, like blood letting etc.... thankfully as medical sciences develop they learn and improve healthcare, it keeps getting better over days/ weeks/ years. Something some of the antivaxxers fail to comprehend
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by northdude » 25 Dec 2021, 6:28 pm

does not getting a flu jab make you an anti vaxxer? Just curious as its only just become trendy to call people that...
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 Dec 2021, 8:11 pm

northdude wrote:does not getting a flu jab make you an anti vaxxer? Just curious as its only just become trendy to call people that...

Precisely :thumbsup: personally, I wasn't keen to be given a experimental vaccine that was developed in a mad rush, I call it vaccine hesitant
I grew up with kids who had severe birth defects thanks to a simple treatment their mothers had for morning sickness that ended up being a massive mistake.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by wanneroo » 26 Dec 2021, 5:16 am

on_one_wheel wrote:Precisely :thumbsup: personally, I wasn't keen to be given a experimental vaccine that was developed in a mad rush, I call it vaccine hesitant
I grew up with kids who had severe birth defects thanks to a simple treatment their mothers had for morning sickness that ended up being a massive mistake.

Agreed. It does seem odd that autism and similar things have exploded in recent decades whereas it used to be an uncommon thing and that matches with the huge amount of stuff they are shooting kids up with these days.

I'm keen to read Robert Kennedy's book on Fauci and the medical industry. Apparently it is quite full of facts and figures showing the legal corruption going on in the medical industry.

Always question everything because in the end government, the health care people and all these other organizations don't give a damn about you. I've learned no matter what it is, fixing your car, your investments, your health care, your employment, always do your due diligence because the only person looking out for you is you.

That doesn't necessarily mean that said people are anti vax, I got a flu shot this year for instance. But I do not trust these mRNA vaccines, plus it appears I already had Covid and it's a cold virus that I have a 99.998% chance of surviving. I'm might consider the J&J vaccine or the new US Army vaccine, but not the Pfizer or moderna stuff.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by cz515 » 26 Dec 2021, 7:45 am

Robert Kennedy didnt he work for Trumps for a few weeks or months.... but he's definitely a loopy, making stat's up as he goes along. He probably doing this more so for the ultimate population control. Less vaxxinated equals more deaths.

North dude, antivaxxers been around for a while, they used to live in fancy inner suburbs and worried about the vaccines and its effects on their children.... funny enough those suburbs were the ones after every year you get an outbreak of a disease that in Western world haven't been seen in decades. Usual resulting in a physical disability endure by their children (some)

Autistic children have always existed, just now we have learned how to identify them more better. As not all autistic people are the classical "ohh look he's...." type like down syndrome.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by northdude » 26 Dec 2021, 7:52 am

cz515 wrote:Robert Kennedy didnt he work for Trumps for a few weeks or months.... but he's definitely a loopy, making stat's up as he goes along. He probably doing this more so for the ultimate population control. Less vaxxinated equals more deaths.

North dude, antivaxxers been around for a while, they used to live in fancy inner suburbs and worried about the vaccines and its effects on their children.... funny enough those suburbs were the ones after every year you get an outbreak of a disease that in Western world haven't been seen in decades. Usual resulting in a physical disability endure by their children (some)

Autistic children have always existed, just now we have learned how to identify them more better. As not all autistic people are the classical "ohh look he's...." type like down syndrome.

Ok maybe it just the trendy word at the moment since its no longer approptiate or even legal in some places to discriminate against brown etc etc people but this one is perfectly fine
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by bladeracer » 26 Dec 2021, 8:40 am

northdude wrote:
cz515 wrote:Robert Kennedy didnt he work for Trumps for a few weeks or months.... but he's definitely a loopy, making stat's up as he goes along. He probably doing this more so for the ultimate population control. Less vaxxinated equals more deaths.

Ok maybe it just the trendy word at the moment since its no longer approptiate or even legal in some places to discriminate against brown etc etc people but this one is perfectly fine

Discriminating?
I don't see any discrimination in his comments.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 26 Dec 2021, 8:44 am

I haven't heard of the book, but if the author is related to The Kennedy clan, I'd be careful describing it as factual. That family don't know what facts are even when giving evidence. They are certainly expert on corruption though.

wanneroo wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:Precisely :thumbsup: personally, I wasn't keen to be given a experimental vaccine that was developed in a mad rush, I call it vaccine hesitant

Agreed. It does seem odd that autism and similar things have exploded in recent decades whereas it used to be an uncommon thing and that matches with the huge amount of stuff they are shooting kids up with these days.

I'm keen to read Robert Kennedy's book on Fauci and the medical industry. Apparently it is quite full of facts and figures showing the legal corruption going on in the medical industry.

Always question everything because in the end government, the health care people and all these other organizations don't give a damn about you. I've learned no matter what it is, fixing your car, your investments, your health care, your employment, always do your due diligence because the only person looking out for you is you.

That doesn't necessarily mean that said people are anti vax, I got a flu shot this year for instance. But I do not trust these mRNA vaccines, plus it appears I already had Covid and it's a cold virus that I have a 99.998% chance of surviving. I'm might consider the J&J vaccine or the new US Army vaccine, but not the Pfizer or moderna stuff.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Dec 2021, 9:36 am

on_one_wheel wrote:
northdude wrote:does not getting a flu jab make you an anti vaxxer? Just curious as its only just become trendy to call people that...

Precisely :thumbsup: personally, I wasn't keen to be given a experimental vaccine that was developed in a mad rush, I call it vaccine hesitant

Thalidomide. I guess I got lucky.

I do understand people being hesitant.
But billions of real life tests I think should alay any fears. True it doesn't take into account long term tests, but medical science has advanced a hell of a lot in 60 years and a vaccine is fundamentally nothing like a medication/chemical.

No time for antivaxers though.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 26 Dec 2021, 9:41 am

Discrimination of any kind should rightly be illegal and called out.

Now no one discriminates against the antivaxxers. It is a choice they made knowing full well the consequences of their actions and knowing the law. It's not about racism or discrimination it's about breaking the law (wether the law is just or unjust that's a different discussion and something you should be allowed to have in a legal manner). But saying it's discrimination is just....laughable
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 26 Dec 2021, 10:29 am

bladeracer wrote:I haven't heard of the book, but if the author is related to The Kennedy clan, I'd be careful describing it as factual. That family don't know what facts are even when giving evidence. They are certainly expert on corruption though.

Not a big fan of the Kennedy clan but apparently the book is well weighted with data and facts to back up what he is saying, so we will see.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by northdude » 26 Dec 2021, 5:30 pm

bladeracer wrote:
northdude wrote:

Discriminating?
I don't see any discrimination in his comments.

I didn't say he was discriminating but its happening out there our pm even encourages it and is quite proud we have 2 different classes now. Now here's a funny story from yesterday We have a big family and we are a mixture of vaxed and vax free and members from both camps have had covid as well, we have just carried on as usual as none of us care what you've decided to do we are still family. Yesterday we had one member want to be part of our christmas but wouldn't come to our christmas day unless all the unvaxed left we just carried on with our day and after they preformed like a professional clown for an hour or so one of the family members had to politley tell them to go and find somewhere else to spend their christmas and we all just carried on and had a great day...
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by mchughcb » 08 Jan 2022, 8:53 am

The current masks being deployed under health orders are extremely effective. Otherwise we'd have daily cases over 100,000 as it is, we are sitting at only - oh wait scrub that.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 08 Jan 2022, 9:23 am

Well if today's cars is anything to go by, I have a couple of observations

Victoria is one again the winner, we finally have more cars than nsw, even though we have lower population.

And people like McCracken who are vaccinated, but still crying and trolling, their time on this forum is limited, see you but not for much longer
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 08 Jan 2022, 10:16 am

It's interesting that states in Australia are each recording tens of thousands of cases a day of the bug. All this after we were told the "zero covid" policy and the vaccines and masking and lockdowns and other oppression would work.

As from the beginning I only look at the data and the data doesn't look too good. I know a lot of people are ego invested in the iron hand of government and don't want to let the drama and hysteria go, but in the end the government if anything has made it worse.

I heard singing and dancing was banned in NSW until Jan 28, so that should stop it.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 08 Jan 2022, 11:01 am

At least now we know the vaccines are performing well above and beyond all expectations.
Given the case numbers vs hospital admissions
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Bill » 08 Jan 2022, 11:32 am

cz515 wrote:Well if today's cars is anything to go by, I have a couple of observations

Victoria is one again the winner, we finally have more cars than nsw, even though we have lower population.

And people like McCracken who are vaccinated, but still crying and trolling, their time on this forum is limited, see you but not for much longer

RAT kit results are included in Victoria number, if NSW was the same then 80-90,000 new cases would probably be reflected and then you have those who caught it and couldnt be bothered getting test.

For those who did their own ' Research " well 70% of Hospitalization were from DELTA the other day and 60% were completely unvaxxed. Its coming for ya :lol: :o
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 08 Jan 2022, 12:15 pm

cz515 wrote:Well if today's cars is anything to go by, I have a couple of observations

keep making assumptions flogger
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation