I phones pop up advertising

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

I phones pop up advertising

Post by Blr243 » 23 Dec 2021, 12:58 pm

We all know ads appear based on our searches, most know that I phones are constantly viewing Our surroundings and listening to our conversations ... it’s not surprising that I been getting pop up ads for rural sheds because I’m currently sheltering in one . But ads for floating pontoons /pumps?
Attachments
6C5F94EC-7770-480F-92D9-289154423B9F.png
6C5F94EC-7770-480F-92D9-289154423B9F.png (222.89 KiB) Viewed 1582 times
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: I phones pop up advertising

Post by Blr243 » 23 Dec 2021, 1:06 pm

Yesterday while practicing with my drone I saw a high dam wall. I knew I needed practice on controlling the drone without actually maintaining eye contact with it. So I flew over the dam wall ( the drone, not me left my bloody super man cape home again) , dropped down close to the surface of the water so I was out of visual contact with my drone. Then as I spun it around simulating checking the edges for pig wallows, I saw ag pipe floating on the surface and eventually a floating red pontoon ....so my drone connected to my phone has remembered this item and decided to flick me an advert for one. We live in an age of very sneaky computer s
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by disco stu » 23 Dec 2021, 3:04 pm

Yeah, that's concerning.

I've got android, but I assume they're all the same.

Had a conversely on the phone with my dad about eyelid surgery. First and only time I had ever heard about it, never googled it etc. Next day I had ads for eyelid survey
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 23 Dec 2021, 5:11 pm

Now I got an idea. Next time I send the drone up I’m going to zoom in on a pair of undies I have hanging from MY OWN. Clothesline .... and see if I get an ad for undies
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 23 Dec 2021, 5:16 pm

Sounds like you need duckduckgo
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by MtnMan » 24 Dec 2021, 5:38 am

MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 24 Dec 2021, 6:44 am

Mate just some well intentioned advice.

I would not put on an internet forum that you are flying your drone out of sight, as it's against CASA rules. Rule no 4 on this link

https://www.casa.gov.au/knowyourdrone/d ... ous%20area.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 24 Dec 2021, 9:00 am

Had a look at duck duck but I’m not alarmed at what they collect I just find it interesting...I’m boringly cooperative with the laws so nothing to hide ...I do know a bloke who despise the covid qr check in process. He’s always raving on about the invasion of privacy. I can understand wanted criminals being uncomfortable about it but if your 100 per cent complying with the law and your not banging somebody’s wife then u got bugger all to worry about. Seriously bob, your just not that interesting , the federal police really don’t give a damn if you visited bunnings at 1145 am on Sunday ......thanks a lot cz515 for the reminder I was totally unaware of that law .....my drone has up to 8k transmission range so I guess in some parts of the world that law not pertain ..good luck me seeing it even at 1000 m with binos. ....good vid mountain man. Sad That if we need to stay private we have to throw our devices in the skip bin
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 24 Dec 2021, 11:54 am

Blr that I'd the law, my post was more about not posting it on a forum... incase

And what you do in middle of mozzie town is what you do... someone could just say they have great eyesight, or you mistook a mozzie for the drone
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 24 Dec 2021, 11:58 am

Yes mate I understand I’m currently on 7000 acres and caretaking alone with no danger of dropping it on anyone’s head ( other than my own, and that would mean I really do have poor eyesight) .....but I totally get what you mean about posting illegal activities online , it don’t look good
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation