Fing Wankers

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Fing Wankers

Post by Die Judicii » 23 Dec 2021, 1:24 pm

Unfortunately it's all too often that ads similar to the following turn up on the likes of "Used Guns"

People that advertise their firearm for SALE.
As per CONDITION,,,,,, you frequently see the item listed as "NEW",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
But upon further reading you see,,,,, "Only fired one box",,,,,,, or,,, "Only fired 300 rounds" (I do recall actually seeing that a while ago)

FFS,,,,,,,,,,,, if its fired only one round since purchase,,,,,, it is still,,,,,,,, second hand.

OK,,,,, if it's listed as "As new condition",,,,,,,,,,,, but seriously not "New"

Fing Wankers. :wtf: :crazy: :roll: :problem:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Fing Wankers

Post by Blr243 » 23 Dec 2021, 1:54 pm

C’mon man, is your safe already not full enough ? Years ago , prior to 96 , in the paper version of the trading post I saw an SLR advertised for 500 bucks. I’m not sure I stuck to the speed limit on my way over to their house ...found a bunch of hairy skinny toothless bikies needing some quick cash to buy more speed. ..... it was an 8 x57 self loading fn49 .....somewhat disappointing... they were too fried to know the difference, I genuinely believe they were not dishonest fake advertisers , They just sat around giggling and really had no idea
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by disco stu » 23 Dec 2021, 2:57 pm

One of my rifles has barely fired any rounds, but damn has it been dragged around the bush, gotten wet multiple times, had to deal with some surface rust etc etc. No chance could I honestly try selling it as new
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by No1Mk3 » 23 Dec 2021, 2:59 pm

Blr243 wrote:C’mon man, is your safe already not full enough ? Years ago , prior to 96 , in the paper version of the trading post I saw an SLR advertised for 500 bucks. I’m not sure I stuck to the speed limit on my way over to their house ...found a bunch of hairy skinny toothless bikies needing some quick cash to buy more speed. ..... it was an 8 x57 self loading fn49 .....somewhat disappointing... they were too fried to know the difference, I genuinely believe they were not dishonest fake advertisers , They just sat around giggling and really had no idea

Technically mate, they were correct if the ad was "SLR" as the Hakim WAS a Self Loading Rifle, just not an L1A1 SLR!! But I get where Die Judicii is coming from, some ads are honestly dribble, some are really pushing the envelope which is why we need to read the ad carefully and ask the seller for more pics if needed. Caveat Emptor!
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 23 Dec 2021, 3:23 pm

Its used guns you shop there you accepts full responsibility for the consequences if you're silly enough
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 23 Dec 2021, 3:43 pm

See the 60 round pmag drum on usedguns a few days ago? $2250 they are selling it for. They are like $100 in America. Such a rip off.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 23 Dec 2021, 3:44 pm

Die Judicii wrote:Unfortunately it's all too often that ads similar to the following turn up on the likes of "Used Guns"

People that advertise their firearm for SALE.
As per CONDITION,,,,,, you frequently see the item listed as "NEW",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
But upon further reading you see,,,,, "Only fired one box",,,,,,, or,,, "Only fired 300 rounds" (I do recall actually seeing that a while ago)

FFS,,,,,,,,,,,, if its fired only one round since purchase,,,,,, it is still,,,,,,,, second hand.

OK,,,,, if it's listed as "As new condition",,,,,,,,,,,, but seriously not "New"

Fing Wankers. :wtf: :crazy: :roll: :problem:

Yep, new shotgun. Fired only one slab.
FFS.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Lsfan » 23 Dec 2021, 8:12 pm

That's a classic gumtree thing. "As new condition" so those people expect to open something new from a shop and find scratches on it?
They simply need to price things according to their condition and not try and entice people with bull..it descriptions. I've declined several Purchases but also been stung a couple of times due to misleading information and Interstate purchases.
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 23 Dec 2021, 8:24 pm

deye243 wrote:Its used guns you shop there you accepts full responsibility for the consequences if you're silly enough

I have bought 3 or 4 firearms s/h off that site, and may have been lucky. They were actually true to description,
However,,,,,, the majority of the time it is from licensed Firearm Dealers that advertise on the site from whom I buy.
And,,,,,,, I've never been shafted or schonked by them.

Two shining examples are,,,,,,,,,,,,

* A 30/06 Sako Grizzly that was listed as second hand,, but when it arrived my Dealer reckoned it was actually brand new.
Courtesy of Safari Firearms in NSW.

* My most recent purchase of the Ruger 77 .17 WSM (unfired) but had three tiny dents in the stock that were shown in the ad pics.
And,,,,,,, seeing as these rifles have a 12 month waiting list from time of ordering,,,,, I was more than happy to buy it.
Courtesy of Mk 1 Developments (a new store) in Redcliffs Vic. > > > > > Highly Recommended Dealer
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by LawrenceA » 24 Dec 2021, 3:36 pm

I use gun sites for purchases way too often and accept the risk.
But really, ignorant dealers peeve me no end.
Bought a musketoon in excellent condition. No mention of chewed out screws and wood chipped out of the stock.
Bought a 12g SxS. The dealer seemed oblivipus to the fact it wasnt a 12g.
Almost purchased a miquelet pistol. It was a wall decoration mafe as a spuveneir. Saw a remington pump action advertised as 44 mag. It was a 44-40.
Only 2 days ago examined a H&R 12g SxS in almost as new condition. Except it was a generic Belgian copy of a Hollis woth home made replacement parys and a coat of paint and BP to boot.
My other pet peeve is " good condition for it's age".
What the hell does that mean?
Anyone notice the 18th century 22 breech lader from H&H on used guns? Not bad considering breech laders are second half of the 19th century and 22lr was invented in real early 20th.
One well placed shot is all it takes.
LawrenceA
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by boingk » 25 Dec 2021, 11:16 pm

Treat all sellers as you would retarded children. Calmly and explicitly and with zero bulls**t.

Photos mean no bulls**t. Action, serial, calibre and manufacturer. Offer after you've got them and are satisfied.

Welcome to the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1BneeJTDcU

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 06 Jan 2022, 10:54 am

This bloke mentions the rifle is near new but that 500 rounds have gone through it. That is not near new. That is just a good condition used rifle.

https://usedguns.com.au/gun/412082/
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 06 Jan 2022, 1:48 pm

‘Has the usual marks from being kept in the safe.’
Riiiiight. Ok.

Or ‘this one would make a good truck gun. ‘
Translation, this thing is fubar.

‘Only fired 25 rounds, bluing a bit worn from being carried in the field’
Oh ffs.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 06 Jan 2022, 1:53 pm

Hard to find win 94 in 30 30. Best example I’ve seen in a long time
GTFO
Last edited by womble on 06 Jan 2022, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 06 Jan 2022, 2:03 pm

"Hexagonal" barrel, count the flats you moron, there's 8! That makes it OCTAGONAL!
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 06 Jan 2022, 4:09 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:This bloke mentions the rifle is near new but that 500 rounds have gone through it. That is not near new. That is just a good condition used rifle.

https://usedguns.com.au/gun/412082/

Yeah right,,,,,,,,, a literally priceless "Bold" shroud,,,,, and buyer "plays"

Apart from that I wouldn't touch a Roughtec with a 40 foot barge pole.
In the heat, the synthetic stock sags under its own weight with the use of a bipod. :thumbsdown:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 06 Jan 2022, 4:11 pm

Gamerancher wrote:"Hexagonal" barrel, count the flats you moron, there's 8! That makes it OCTAGONAL!

Classic,,,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by No1_49er » 17 Jan 2022, 6:39 am

And still they keep coming.
Brand new. Never been fired. Had not even 100 rounds through it.
WTF.
https://usedguns.com.au/gun/414119/
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 17 Jan 2022, 6:46 am

No1_49er wrote:And still they keep coming.
WTF.

Not sure what they are saying here. Is the action new, but the barrel has had 200 rounds through it?
In anycase the whole package has to be new, not parts of it.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 17 Jan 2022, 7:06 am

Does this not make you wonder how some of them got or why they got a firearms licence in the first place?
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 17 Jan 2022, 3:12 pm

No1_49er wrote:And still they keep coming.
WTF.

Brand new, not even 100rds through it...and the stock has been replaced...
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 17 Jan 2022, 4:59 pm

Even a second hand gun has only fired 25 rounds.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Lsfan » 17 Jan 2022, 6:44 pm

If it's brand new then he would be right. He could say not even 99 rounds through it or any number. Or was e meant to say "like new"? But he then goes on to say he never had to use it!

On another matter, it annoys me when people advertise something saying "unmarked, like new, brand new condition" etc. yet photos show the item sitting on concrete or similar. It doesn't fill me with confidence that their descriptions are accurate.
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 18 Jan 2022, 6:24 pm

Methinks I'll give a lot of those "descriptions" the benefit of doubt,,,,,,,
It probly depends on how much and from which stash pile they last partook from.
:lol: :lol:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Florey55 » 02 Feb 2022, 10:02 am

Pisses me off too.
A few years ago, the only people who could use the definition of "new" were dealers, the rest of had to use excellent, very good etc

I think they should go back to this arrangement.

Another one today - https://usedguns.com.au/gun/418558/

Apparently shooting 70 rounds (what he's admitted to; but likely a lot higher) does not affect the rifle being "new"

I tend to reply to these adverts with something like "How can this be new if it's fired 70 rounds?"
Florey55
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Off topic - General conversation