Inspection/borescope type camera

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Inspection/borescope type camera

Post by disco stu » 13 Jan 2022, 9:40 pm

Just wondering if anyone has played with the cheaper versions of the inspection cameras on eBay?

They call them borescope cameras, but I'm not looking at using it on rifle bores, just for jobs around the house/garage, obviously when you can't get a good look. Current situation is an oil leak in bell housing of car and I'm trying to pick if it's the rear main or gearbox front seal leaking (changed both a year ago while engine was out, sigh). Always working on cars, so that's where I would use mostly.

I'm not looking for top notch images etc, but would need good enough image for seeing the bolt dropped down timing cover, oil and water leaks etc.

Anyone got any experience?

Thanks in advance

Stu
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Re: Inspection/borescope type camera

Post by disco stu » 14 Jan 2022, 12:57 pm

Well, I stupidly didn't think to search for info before posting. Saw a few videos where the image quality was much better than I expected. Looks like the same unit being sold on all the usual cheap sites that plug into your phone so I took a massive leap of faith and invested a grand total of $8 something ($5 eBay discount) on one.

Fingers crossed it actually works or I'm out the cost of a cheap hamburger
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Return to Off topic - General conversation