Alone- Australia

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Alone- Australia

Post by MtnMan » 22 Feb 2022, 7:03 pm

SBS TV has commissioned the production of a series of Alone Australia with casting applications being accepted now.

I was keen to apply but I crashed and burned at the 3rd clause of the general terms and conditions. Something about being vaxxed. :x

Anyway, anyone care to speculate on the location?

All the north American series are filmed in cold locations which limits the length of the show by placing extreme demands on food supply and warmth.

It will be interesting whether hunting will be allowed. If so it limits where it could be held. Pretty much all I could think of is some massive private property with feral game, Arnhemland or Alpine national park in Victoria. since large tracts of public land with hunting just don't exist other than Alpine NP.

I can't picture where they would stage it here. If it was up north somewhere like Cape York or Arnhemland then participants maybe medically pulled for obesity from the the abundance of food. :lol: I can see it now- "Day 274- 8 people remain" :lol:

Any suggestions?
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Alone- Australia

Post by Bill » 22 Feb 2022, 8:41 pm

fresh water, crodiles and man eating jelly fish.....anywhere in the top end

Coburg Peninsula in the middle of the Wet season to make it uncomfortable. Cape York also would be good
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Feb 2022, 8:43 pm

FNQ Alone and carried away by mozzies.
Simpson desert Alone and perished in 24 hours.

Tasmania would be my pick, Alone and loving it.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 22 Feb 2022, 9:57 pm

MtnMan wrote:SBS TV has commissioned the production of a series of Alone Australia with casting applications being accepted now.

I was keen to apply but I crashed and burned at the 3rd clause of the general terms and conditions. Something about being vaxxed. :x

Anyway, anyone care to speculate on the location?

All the north American series are filmed in cold locations which limits the length of the show by placing extreme demands on food supply and warmth.

It will be interesting whether hunting will be allowed. If so it limits where it could be held. Pretty much all I could think of is some massive private property with feral game, Arnhemland or Alpine national park in Victoria. since large tracts of public land with hunting just don't exist other than Alpine NP.

I can't picture where they would stage it here. If it was up north somewhere like Cape York or Arnhemland then participants maybe medically pulled for obesity from the the abundance of food. :lol: I can see it now- "Day 274- 8 people remain" :lol:

Any suggestions?

I have no idea what the premise of the show is. Just stay somewhere for as long as possible or do they have to make it to somewhere without dying en route?
Places out in the Fitzroy Basin would be good, but not during the wet season. Frankly it sounds like a camping show :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by boingk » 22 Feb 2022, 10:32 pm

Premise is that you get dropped at an area and told to stay there for 90 days. You have a very limited list of equipment to take, and you have to choose from a list that they provide. Its designed so you have to struggle a bit and make strategic choices.

I'd be interested but for the family and work commitments... if only it was 10 years ago...

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by womble » 23 Feb 2022, 2:42 am

Dandenong.
But after 90 days you’d never be the same again.
And you’d probably be addicted to heroin.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 23 Feb 2022, 3:39 am

No lets make it a challenge.
Somewhere on the outskirts of Alice Springs after dark.
With nothing but a goon bag and a 3m length of corrugated iron to build a shelter.
Last edited by womble on 23 Feb 2022, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 23 Feb 2022, 3:50 am

The corner of william and palmer street in kings cross
With nothing but a red mini skirt, stilettos and fish net stockings.
( and a heroin habit from episode 1 )
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by 6mm Remington » 23 Feb 2022, 4:42 am

The workplace in any big city these days.
Hard to survive but they do have plenty of toilet paper.
6mm Remington
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by MtnMan » 23 Feb 2022, 6:22 am

you could live for months on Cobourg Peninsula. Spear fish and crabs in the shallows, oysters, banteng, pandanus palm hearts, the list goes on.

Being in Australia I wouldn't be surprised if hunting wasn't allowed like on the Norway, Denmark and Sweden series. Can't be seen to be promoting hunting..

If that is the case then there are plenty of places it could be held but it won't be worth watching, just like the Scandinavian shows. It detracts from the survival element of the program when people are starving on berries and fish when reindeer walk through their camp but they are out of bounds.

I can't see anywhere allowing the use of gill nets either, restricting them to line fishing.
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Soopyyy » 23 Feb 2022, 7:04 am

MtnMan wrote:you could live for months on Cobourg Peninsula. Spear fish and crabs in the shallows, oysters, banteng, pandanus palm hearts, the list goes on.

Being in Australia I wouldn't be surprised if hunting wasn't allowed like on the Norway, Denmark and Sweden series. Can't be seen to be promoting hunting..

If that is the case then there are plenty of places it could be held but it won't be worth watching, just like the Scandinavian shows. It detracts from the survival element of the program when people are starving on berries and fish when reindeer walk through their camp but they are out of bounds.

I can't see anywhere allowing the use of gill nets either, restricting them to line fishing.

How boring would it be if they don't allow hunting.
What are people watching? Some dudes wandering around in the bush complaining constantly?
Soopyyy
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 23 Feb 2022, 7:27 am

Some dudes wandering around in the bush complaining constantly?

Me thinks that would be the Greens.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by womble » 23 Feb 2022, 8:23 am

No hunting would mean your food supply would have a terrible accident with a sharp stick
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 23 Feb 2022, 8:45 am

Stuff it I’m in , I’ll bring a rifle ,dog, mattress , refrigerator, insect repellent, stretcher tent and a woman .she can carry the game back to camp and cook it too
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by MtnMan » 23 Feb 2022, 12:31 pm

Soopyyy wrote:
How boring would it be if they don't allow hunting.
What are people watching? Some dudes wandering around in the bush complaining constantly?

That's pretty much what the Scandinavian editions of the program are.
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 23 Feb 2022, 3:22 pm

Blr243 wrote:Stuff it I’m in , I’ll bring a rifle ,dog, mattress , refrigerator, insect repellent, stretcher tent and a woman .she can carry the game back to camp and cook it too

Bloody he'll, your organised. Just need the ice pack and first aid kit, for if you survive the beating. Lol
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 23 Feb 2022, 7:56 pm

90 days hey...
I'd be happy to de dumped somewhere with nothing but 90 cartons of beer 90 packets of smokes and a deck chair.
Trust me, 1/2 hour of highlight film cuts per day to make 90 episodes will make for some awesome viewing.

Who the f#(k are you calling an alcoholic Wilson
images (3).jpeg
Burrrrrrrp
images (3).jpeg (34.45 KiB) Viewed 2706 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 23 Feb 2022, 8:34 pm

MtnMan wrote:you could live for months on Cobourg Peninsula. Spear fish and crabs in the shallows, oysters, banteng, pandanus palm hearts, the list goes on.

that's bizzare :wtf: hunting not allowed in the scandanavian series of the show :crazy: that's what they do in that part of the world . a survival show that takes political correctness into consideration in case someone is offended over a contestant hunting/eating game . what a joke . that's a show i won't be watching :thumbsdown:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by perentie » 24 Feb 2022, 8:46 am

Yeah. It will be like those other (scripted) shows. SAS and Married at first sight etc etc. Crap.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by MtnMan » 24 Feb 2022, 10:24 am

Won't be any trapping or snaring of small game either I suppose.

Lots of potential for them to be surrounded by food they aren't allowed to utilise. Roos and wallabies jumping through camp. Birds everywhere.
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 24 Feb 2022, 12:12 pm

perentie wrote:Yeah. It will be like those other (scripted) shows. SAS and Married at first sight etc etc. Crap.

i refuse to watch any of those crap shows. the real insult is the TV network exec's call them "reality shows" . what a joke :crazy:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by womble » 24 Feb 2022, 3:16 pm

Good luck finding wild tofu and lentils
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 24 Feb 2022, 5:30 pm

Maybe try a park in Mount Druitt here in Sydney. ( My apologies to the GOOD people of Mt Druitt)
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Shootermick » 24 Feb 2022, 7:59 pm

Blr243 wrote:Stuff it I’m in , I’ll bring a rifle ,dog, mattress , refrigerator, insect repellent, stretcher tent and a woman .she can carry the game back to camp and cook it too

Sorry BLR, but we all know a woman like that doesn’t exist.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by womble » 25 Feb 2022, 3:27 am

Episode 4. Mount Druitt.
With nothing but an unregistered vt commodore for shelter and a drug habit.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 25 Feb 2022, 6:16 am

womble wrote:Episode 4. Mount Druitt.
With nothing but an unregistered vt commodore for shelter and a drug habit.

bogan "survivor" . which team will win at "skulls" to survive and take the keys to the vt to get to the next stage.......... :lol:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by disco stu » 25 Feb 2022, 8:14 pm

Got a friend going on for this. 2 actually, one friend one decent acquaintance
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Return to Off topic - General conversation