The Defense of Australia.

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

The Defense of Australia.

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Feb 2022, 9:44 am

Rather than de-rail the WW111 thread thought I would start this.

I’m sure all here would agree our current defense forces are seriously lacking.

IMO we could start to improve it by the following.

1. Purchase or build about a 20 cans of sunshine. Deploy-able from land, sea and air.
2. Re invigorate the Army Reserve System and all participants store at home a rifle with 200 rounds and a couple of grenades.
3. Lease 3 or 4 nuke submarines ASAP.
4. Start building ships, fast. We are able to do this.
5. Increase ammo production/storage. ADI & NIOA can help with that.
5. Increase fuel storage in AU.
6. Buy more off the shelf aircraft.

Any improvements? Open to discussion.

P.S. It will be too late to start in 10 years. Perhaps even now.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: The Defense of Australia.

Post by cz515 » 26 Feb 2022, 9:57 am

Lol. Mate I have said this before. Australia is unique in that it's indefensible.

All the population centres around the edge of the continent. Ie 100km inland from any port and that city is occupied.

We also have a huge continent that is empty and baren. Nothing to defend nor nothing to conquer.

We also have a distance, a boat takes a couple of days to reach from Singapore/China. So lot of time to prepare.

But on the other hand all the above make it indefensible for any occupying forces to hold. The biggest they need to run supply lines spanning thousands of km of empty seas making their troops sitting ducks, worse if US navy move in a couple of subs the supply ships will be sinking left right and centre. An even huge loss of money and personnel for the occupying forces.

So in short, we can't do much and even if we do.. its not worth it.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 26 Feb 2022, 10:07 am

Oldbloke wrote:Rather than de-rail the WW111 thread thought I would start this.

1. Purchase or build about a 20 cans of sunshine. Deploy-able from land, sea and air.
2. Re invigorate the Army Reserve System and all participants store at home a rifle with 200 rounds and a couple of grenades.

i agree on all your points except the cans of sunshine . to use them would result in the end of everything . everything you advise is doable , but our leaders move too slow to keep up with crisis . leasing or buying current nuke subs should be the number one priority . as cz515 points out subs would create kaos through supply lines and the great distances of this nation would be to our advantage
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Feb 2022, 10:17 am

bigrich wrote:

i agree on all your points 1. except the cans of sunshine . to use them would result in the end of everything . everything you advise is doable , but our leaders move too slow to keep up with crisis . 2. leasing or buying current nuke subs should be the number one priority .

1. Sorry I disagree. They would be a strong deterrent. China, India, Pakistan, Israel, UK, US, France, Russia, Nth Korea all have them. Perhaps more. But agree that actually using of them is a crap idea.
2. Agree 100%. I just listed them as they popped in my head. never gave priority any thought.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 26 Feb 2022, 10:21 am

Sco mo just announced 65 million dollars of our tax to put a man on the moon. That’s ridiculous if we need money for war or to improve so many other current situation s ......putting a man on the moon is like me goin to cape York in October , totally unnecessary and just a bit of fun
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Feb 2022, 10:35 am

Blr243 wrote:Sco mo just announced 65 million dollars of our tax to put a man on the moon. That’s ridiculous if we need money for war or to improve so many other current situation s ......putting a man on the moon is like me goin to cape York in October , totally unnecessary and just a bit of fun

Mate that belongs in the "Joke thread". You are joking, right?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 26 Feb 2022, 10:48 am

Blr243 wrote:Sco mo just announced 65 million dollars of our tax to put a man on the moon. That’s ridiculous if we need money for war or to improve so many other current situation s ......putting a man on the moon is like me goin to cape York in October , totally unnecessary and just a bit of fun

NASA spends billions of dollars every year and sent less then a handful of people to moon. Scomo comes out with a news bite we spending 65million. And people talk about it lolz
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 26 Feb 2022, 10:56 am

Oldbloke wrote:
bigrich wrote:

i agree on all your points 1. except the cans of sunshine . to use them would result in the end of everything . everything you advise is doable , but our leaders move too slow to keep up with crisis . 2. leasing or buying current nuke subs should be the number one priority .

1. Sorry I disagree. They would be a strong deterrent. China, India, Pakistan, Israel, UK, US, France, Russia, Nth Korea all have them. Perhaps more. But agree that actually using of them is a crap idea.
2. Agree 100%. I just listed them as they popped in my head. never gave priority any thought.

Pakistan doesn't have nuclear subs. Man they have diesel electric ones.

North Korea have one test vessel that can fire a missle, not nuclear subs.

India has 3... but 80% of the population does not have a toilet or running water.

Wars are dumb. But keeps politicians in power and military generals with jobs and corruption
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by disco stu » 26 Feb 2022, 12:20 pm

I think he meant cans of nuclear sunshine for number 1
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 26 Feb 2022, 12:35 pm

Oldbloke wrote:

Totally agree, spending money on visiting the moon is as ridiculous as blowing money on attempts to colonies a dead planet... Mars, it's a pointless waste of money , resources and environmentally irresponsible for no gain to the inhabitants of earth.
Last edited by on_one_wheel on 26 Feb 2022, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Feb 2022, 12:36 pm

OK. My preferred in aprox priority.

1. Lease 3 or 4 nuke submarines ASAP.

2. Purchase or build about a 20 cans of nuke sunshine. Deploy-able from land, sea and air.

3. Buy more off the shelf aircraft.

4. Increase ammo production/storage. ADI & NIOA can help with that.

5. Re invigorate the Army Reserve System and all participants store at home a rifle with 200 rounds and a couple of grenades.

6. Increase fuel storage in AU.

7. Start building ships, fast. We are able to do this.

My prefered order also considers getting a good result fast. But no reason why they can't all happen at same time. Just hurts the budget.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Feb 2022, 12:37 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:

Totally agree, spending money on visiting the moon is as ridiculous as blowing money on attempts to colonies a dead planet... Mars, it's a pointless waste of money , resources and environmentally irresponsible for no gain to the inhabitants of earth.

Yep, could assemble a dozen cans for that much.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by jwai86 » 26 Feb 2022, 12:38 pm

What are these cans of sunshine that people are referring to?
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 26 Feb 2022, 12:40 pm

Compulsory service in the military for young able bodied adults, even if it's as little as 1 year, It'll give them life skills, real training, work ethics and ensure we have plenty of troops.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 26 Feb 2022, 2:13 pm

jwai86 wrote:What are these cans of sunshine that people are referring to?

Nuclear bombs. Side effect is rather nasty sun burn.
You are going to peel. Like really really badly.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 26 Feb 2022, 3:23 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Compulsory service in the military for young able bodied adults, even if it's as little as 1 year, It'll give them life skills, real training, work ethics and ensure we have plenty of troops.

Australian military has said it plenty of times they are not a baby sitting service
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by womble » 26 Feb 2022, 3:30 pm

I would go nuclear just to piss of the greens. If for no other reason
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 26 Feb 2022, 4:31 pm

cz515 wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:Compulsory service in the military for young able bodied adults, even if it's as little as 1 year, It'll give them life skills, real training, work ethics and ensure we have plenty of troops.

Australian military has said it plenty of times they are not a baby sitting service

Which is why our entire military is probably smaller than Bunnings.

Ukraine is handing out AK's to the citizenry, can you imagine trying to do similar here, our people would be a liability, not an asset :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 26 Feb 2022, 4:55 pm

Aust government under the threat of invasion , returns finally the mini 14 taken from blr243 in 1996 .....yes please , and a crate of ammo too while u are at it.
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 26 Feb 2022, 5:05 pm

:thumbsup:

bladeracer wrote:
cz515 wrote:

Which is why our entire military is probably smaller than Bunnings.

Ukraine is handing out AK's to the citizenry, can you imagine trying to do similar here, our people would be a liability, not an asset :-)
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 26 Feb 2022, 7:03 pm

ummm , that's just dumb to waste money on that :crazy:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 26 Feb 2022, 7:04 pm

womble wrote:I would go nuclear just to piss of the greens. If for no other reason

your a card womble :thumbsup: :lol:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 26 Feb 2022, 7:53 pm

bladeracer wrote:Which is why our entire military is probably smaller than Bunnings.

Extremely close... apparently Bunnings employ 48,000 people.
To bad we can't defend our nation by enlisting people armed with bar code scanners.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 26 Feb 2022, 8:31 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
bladeracer wrote:Which is why our entire military is probably smaller than Bunnings.

To bad we can't defend our nation by enlisting people armed with bar code scanners.

McDonalds employ 100,000, we could arm them all :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 26 Feb 2022, 9:06 pm

bladeracer wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

Do you want fries with that?
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 26 Feb 2022, 10:25 pm

Bugman wrote:
bladeracer wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

Do you want fries with that?

Yes all the youth of Australia better at flipping burgers then flipping bullets
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by markg » 26 Feb 2022, 10:42 pm

The only option we have is a significant offensive missile defense system. With that we could wreak havoc on enemy ships and planes. Sneaky subs would make life difficult for aggressors. Hypersonics are the future. Mandatory National Service for 2 yrs. Nuclear reactors to fuel subs. Make it law to reserve gas and oil supplies wholly for Australia. Reopen refineries that were stupidly closed. Get rid of weak Green leftist radicals and all the other PC Gender rubbish that has made western society weak.
markg
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by womble » 27 Feb 2022, 2:28 am

womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 27 Feb 2022, 5:44 am

If you find a cheaper kalashnikov anywhere else, Bunnings will beat it by 10% :thumbsup:
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by 6mm Remington » 27 Feb 2022, 6:33 am

McDonalds employ 100,000, we could arm them all :-)[/quote]

They are already trained to inflict .. DEATH FROM WITHIN
6mm Remington
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland