The Defense of Australia.

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: The Defense of Australia.

Post by womble » 11 Mar 2022, 12:56 pm

Umm no Alice springs is the first target.
Nato communications, pine gap.
The very first nuke to hit the ground in the event of ww3
Last edited by womble on 11 Mar 2022, 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 11 Mar 2022, 12:58 pm

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 11 Mar 2022, 1:33 pm

womble wrote:Umm no Alice springs is the first target.

That's extremely plausible.
Pine Gap is way more than just the eyes and ears of the world, it houses masses of servers that keep extremely important financial records and a whole multitude of information and services in who knows what areas.

I used to work in Alice, some of the old locals recall that during it's construction endless road trains rolled out full of rock and dirt.
It's a fair bet that it's unground infrastructure is f***ing massive.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Mar 2022, 4:11 pm

womble wrote:Umm no Alice springs is the first target.

And they will get the military air base just up the road also. Two birds with one stone.

I think everyone needs to understand for many years every major city in AU has a nuke pointed in their direction and a few provincial cities also.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 11 Mar 2022, 4:32 pm

And who had it pointed at us. And where did you get that piece of fake news.

In 1970/80s it was well understood that Russians were not planning to target Australian targets except pine gap. And even that of there was an all our war.

China on the other hand, doesn't really have enough ICBM missiles yet. But more importantly if we had not been the attack chuwawa of Trump/America they were not really interested in us apart from a small country that buys a lot of their stuff and can produce mineral reduces for their use.

and finally for a country of our size to consider attacking territory of a larger nation like China is..... not a credible option
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Mar 2022, 4:52 pm

cz515 wrote:And who had it pointed at us. And where did you get that piece of fake news.

In 1970/80s it was well understood that Russians were not planning to target Australian targets except pine gap. And even that of there was an all our war.

China on the other hand, doesn't really have enough ICBM missiles yet. But more importantly if we had not been the attack chuwawa of Trump/America they were not really interested in us apart from a small country that buys a lot of their stuff and can produce mineral reduces for their use.

and finally for a country of our size to consider attacking territory of a larger nation like China is..... not a credible option

Russia has 1600 nukes ready to go. 6000 in total. They aren't pointing them all at the US. There isn't 1600 targets in the US. They have lots and lots of options.

It's credible to attack ANY country if you have 6000 nukes mate.

China has about 2,000. Yeh, I'm not worried about China, they are harmless. :sarcasm:

WTF are you smoking?

BTW, 7 or 8 nukes would kill 95% of our population. WAKE UP.
Last edited by Oldbloke on 11 Mar 2022, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 11 Mar 2022, 5:09 pm

China probably has a nuclear armed sub parked in like Eyre aimed directly at pine gap.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Mar 2022, 5:24 pm

womble wrote:China probably has a nuclear armed sub parked in like Eyre aimed directly at pine gap.

Yep, parked in the Great Australian Bite.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 11 Mar 2022, 7:03 pm

Australian's best and most effective strategy in a a war would be a Fabian.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 11 Mar 2022, 7:45 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
cz515 wrote:And who had it pointed at us. And where did you get that piece of fake news.

Russia has 1600 nukes ready to go. 6000 in total. They aren't pointing them all at the US. There isn't 1600 targets in the US. They have lots and lots of options.

It's credible to attack ANY country if you have 6000 nukes mate.

China has about 2,000. Yeh, I'm not worried about China, they are harmless. :sarcasm:

WTF are you smoking?

BTW, 7 or 8 nukes would kill 95% of our population. WAKE UP.

China or anyone else needs ICBM to target Aus. So most of those rockets are not ICBMs. Similar with Russia.

Sorry Budd but you need to stop reading whatever you are reading lately, no one really cares about whop whop backwater Australia.

But let's talk facts, nuclear weapons have been in existence for over 70 years, apart from US who else has attacked another country with nuclear weapons?

As I said before the time one country fires one nuclear weapon you start a chain reaction where everyone will start firing. Earth will be a nuclear desert uninhabitable for rest of eternity
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 11 Mar 2022, 7:47 pm

Honestly OB, please take the tin foil off and take a chill pill or you will give yourself a heart attack
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Mar 2022, 8:06 pm

cz515 wrote:Honestly OB, please take the tin foil off and take a chill pill or you will give yourself a heart attack

"But let's talk facts, nuclear weapons have been in existence for over 70 years, apart from US who else has attacked another country with nuclear weapons"

Nobody is having a heart attack sport.

Ww1 was the war to end wars.
Then Hitler come along.

Just because they have not been used since Hiroshima does not mean they will not be in the future.

Every weapon ever invented has been used in wars. There is no reason to believe nukes will never be used against us.

Just think about it if your wrong, AU is funked.
If I'm right, and AU has a dozen we are prepared. Or it doesn't happen because potential enemies know full well the repercussions will be severe.

Your taking a very short sighted view that it will never happen. IMO if you really believe that your incredibly naive, or stupid.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 12 Mar 2022, 3:27 am

Fionn wrote:Australian's best and most effective strategy in a a war would be a Fabian.

Fabius Maximus. His nickname was the Cunctator.

That c*** didnt turn up for the battle again.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 12 Mar 2022, 3:44 am

What now Haniball ?
Well i suppose we just take our elephants go the f*ck home.
That tight mountain pass over there seems like the quickest route. :thumbsup:

*elephants taken out by javelins *
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 12 Mar 2022, 7:03 am

This argument is pointless ob because you do not understand what is required. Nuclear weapons are not lollies I will repeat that.

You need skills that Australia doesn't have, you need lots and lots of money, and most importantly time, India, Pakistan, China, Israel, iran etc etc etc is taken them decades to get it right.

After you get the Nuclear weapons Australia needs ICBMs to get them anywhere we are just that far away. And again it's restricted technology so needs to be built.

In short
In every country that has built Nuclear weapons and ICBMs they are a state secret. A private company has not built it. It has taken billions of dollars and decades to get the technology right.

Our military... wait or country does not have skills to build an army Jeep. We need to learn how to crawl first you are taking about flying. Again get the tin foil hat off. You are more likely to die off alien experiments then Nuclear warfare
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Mar 2022, 7:44 am

So, your argument just changed.
Before it was they will never be used against us, so we don't need them. Now it's they are too hard to build them. Ha ha.
No, you don't understand.
Take my word for it. AU has designed, built and launched plenty of rockets/missiles capable of traveling into the upper atmosphere.

They don't even need to be IBM'S to deliver a "bomb"

The rest is easy.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Mar 2022, 7:53 am

So, your argument just changed.
Before it was they will never be used against us, and we will never be attacked so we don't need them.

Now it's they are too hard to build them. Ha ha.
No, you don't understand.
Take my word for it. AU scientists/technicians have designed, built and launched plenty of rockets/missiles capable of traveling into the upper atmosphere.

They don't even need to be ICBM'S to deliver a "bomb".

Do you think the people/scientists present at Maralinga were blind, deaf & stupid? Once you have the plutonium the rest is far from too hard.

And I will repeat, in the 80s we rejected an offer.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 12 Mar 2022, 8:06 am

No I gave you a reason. You came with a reply. And I have you another reason.

There are many simple reasons why what you saying will not work.

Sending a ticket in space is easier. Space is only a couple hundred km. Sending a rocket that can travel minimum 8000-10,000km and hit its target with any reasonable accuracy is rather complicated.

To get plutonium you need a reactor, and Australian greens and public don't want a reactor. Simple.

How long has north Korea been trying to get a nuclear weapon. How many failed tests. Will Australian public allow that. Can easily imagine the opposition putting one media release about Chernobyl or Fukushima and bang the govts plans will be done and dusted
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Mar 2022, 8:12 am

So CZ what is your solution?

One that gives us a realistic chance to win war with China.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 12 Mar 2022, 8:15 am

Again I will use my previous example.

NZ has 20,000 defence force
Canada has similar size.

They don't need big army. They don't poke every bear.

Be like them not a chuwawa.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Mar 2022, 8:41 am

Oldbloke wrote:So CZ what is your solution?

Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 12 Mar 2022, 11:35 am

Oldbloke wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:So CZ what is your solution?

There is no real solution. I mean do you have a solution if aliens attacked the earth. Sure someone somewhere has thought about it. But it's just implausible that apart from a couple of minutes it's not thought of more.

I have given you tens of reasons why China will not invade and if they do they how hard it will be for their forces to defend. But your needle hasn't moved.

So let's get worried after they invade and occupy Taiwan, Japan, Korea then add in maybe Thailand, Vietnam and 20 other countries.

Let's have a serious discussion after say Taiwan and Japan being invaded. Until then, stop worrying mate, go back to ABC NEWS and not crack pot invasion theory channels on YouTube. You/Me and our children will die of global warming before China invasion is an issue, and Xi will be long dead by then
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 12 Mar 2022, 11:37 am

And stop reporting me to the mods. Just shows you how childish you are. I mean we are not in China that you have to censor everyone that doesn't agree with you
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Mar 2022, 12:28 pm

cz515 wrote:And stop reporting me to the mods. Just shows you how childish you are. I mean we are not in China that you have to censor everyone that doesn't agree with you

Before you make these sorts of statements get your facts right

Assumptions make an ass out of you

BTW Ebay has white flags going cheap ATM.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/40319473466 ... SwCJRZkYVw
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 12 Mar 2022, 12:43 pm

There’s 2 solutions.

Stop putin now
Stop him later

The first option will be favourable in hindsight.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Mar 2022, 12:48 pm

womble wrote:There’s 2 solutions.

Stop putin now
Stop him later

I was referring to China. But you are correct.

CZ seems to think AU will never need a defence force. I think he must be an ostrich.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 12 Mar 2022, 1:19 pm

cz515 wrote:You/Me and our children will die of global warming before China invasion is an issue, and Xi will be long dead by then

No such thing as global warming, it's called weather.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 12 Mar 2022, 2:12 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
womble wrote:There’s 2 solutions.

Stop putin now
Stop him later

I was referring to China. But you are correct.

CZ seems to think AU will never need a defence force. I think he must be an ostrich.

His opinion.
He has the right to be wrong.
Can’t do that in China.
China can eat my dick.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mickb » 12 Mar 2022, 10:59 pm

I think our defence would depend on the smallness of the opposition :). We have a tiny army, population spread around the coast, 2/3 of the population in just a dozen coastal cities, most major military bases in half that number. Any decent navy can take out all our major assets and military bases to boot from offshore. They take the ports or even just blockade us, the economy stops dead and its unconditional surrender. No outback resistance without fuel supplies, unless you like walking :lol:

I recall a large exercise I was part of in the 90;s, we had about 1/6th the whole army in one area, flat out defending 180km of coastline from the yanks playing enemy. I recall when the Russian missile cruiser Varyag was en route to our waters during the G20 or whatever it was a few years back. They put a write up of it in the paper and the consensus was it and its escort could beat everything we had at once lol.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by cz515 » 13 Mar 2022, 7:07 am

Thanks Mick

But then question is what do they do land a hundred thousand ppl and try and defend against a couple of American ships.

I read an interesting old article. Basically in Afghanistan it was costing the US Army $400 per Gallon to fuel a front line vehicle. Obama administration calculated they spent 1 billion dollars to deploy 1000 troops.

More reason that we don't need a huge army to defend Australia.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation