Shame on NSW police

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Shame on NSW police

Post by Die Judicii » 03 Mar 2022, 4:45 pm

I just lost all respect for the part/s of the NSW Police Force involved in the decision to shoot the cow on the beach, and the so called marksman tasked
with doing the job.

Reported as being humanely shot, :unknown: :wtf: FIVE times ??????

Whatever happened to a single vet with a tranquilizer gun ?????

Once sedated it could have been simply tied / anchored around the head/horns with the line going through the horse float they originally wanted to get it into,, and attached to a cops 4WD winch.

Soon as it woke it would have stood up and been able to be winched forward into the float.

But no,,,,,,,,,,, some wanker official took it upon himself to issue the "shoot" order, and even then they bungled it and had to shoot it FIVE times.

Fu#king Moron/s
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Shame on NSW police

Post by Noisydad » 03 Mar 2022, 5:27 pm

Being a born and bred dairy farmer (but these days an ex dairy farmer), from generations of farmers I can safely say that in the police’s defence the cow was to stupid to know it was dead the first four times.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 03 Mar 2022, 5:53 pm

I guess it came down to a lack of knowledge, skills and resources.

I've watched a video of it on the beach and this is how I'd approach the situation.

Seeing how it was happy to charge in a bluffing way, I'd run head on at it, slap it in the forehead, run down her side, grab the base of her tail and throw her off balance to the ground.
Once on the ground a beast that size can be easily held down by 3 people and hog tied.
Pice of piss.
I'm sure the cops could have called around, found a handful of ringers to get the job done.

But seriously

Reading the news report, it sounds like they did make a genuine effort to move the cow somewhere safe as well as every man and his dog having a go... unfortunately nobody thought of Die Judicii's idea, which would've been quite successful, least stressful and a better PR move.
https://7news.com.au/news/nsw/nsw-polic ... -c-5896772
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 03 Mar 2022, 8:39 pm

"That the animal needed to be shot five times, but could not be confirmed by NSW Police spokesperson"

That is the biggest pile of BS ever to come out of any Police Force.

Is it not regulation that police must account for all rounds of ammunition ??

ie: Officer Twaddle would have started his shift with " X " amount of rounds.
At the end of his shift he only needed to do a simple arithmetic sum to find the answer,, even if he had to count on his fingers

Ummmmm,, Errrrrrrrrrr,,,,,,,, Doh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Durrrrrrr .
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by northdude » 04 Mar 2022, 8:34 am

You think that's bad you should see what ours have been up to...
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by boingk » 05 Mar 2022, 12:02 am

They generally won't confirm round expenditure when media just ring cold to the station.

Also from the looks of it the thing was spooked off the beach where it was contained by some moron with a camera, and then kids who thought it'd be fun to chase it onto the street.

After 12+ hours roaming around with whatever hopeless agency "trying" (aka "failing") to contain it the cops said enough and it got shot. Farm Animal Rescue blamed Police, but you know what? Police don't capture animals - they have one tool for dealing with distressed animals.

And they used it.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by Oldbloke » 05 Mar 2022, 6:35 am

In my xspurt opinion they should have hoof cuffed it and then arrested it. ;)
Let the beak sort it out in the morning. :thumbsup:

Danno. :thumbsup:

P.S. Anyone for steak and chips?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 05 Mar 2022, 9:40 am

northdude wrote:You think that's bad you should see what ours have been up to...

Your cattle or your police?
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by northdude » 05 Mar 2022, 11:46 am

the latter
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by Bugman » 05 Mar 2022, 4:22 pm

If you have ever seen the NSW plods practice...........DOH!
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 05 Mar 2022, 11:17 pm

boingk wrote:They generally won't confirm round expenditure when media just ring cold to the station.

Also from the looks of it the thing was spooked off the beach where it was contained by some moron with a camera, and then kids who thought it'd be fun to chase it onto the street.

After 12+ hours roaming around with whatever hopeless agency "trying" (aka "failing") to contain it the cops said enough and it got shot. Farm Animal Rescue blamed Police, but you know what? Police don't capture animals - they have one tool for dealing with distressed animals.

And they used it.

- boingk

As I already said,,,,, it woulda been better all round if they'd used the tiny amount of brain power that they shared,,,,, and simply rang a vet,,,,,,,
with a tranquilizer gun.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation